Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Childcare cost

• 04-09-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

2 kids , boy 7 and girl 5

Both dropped to minder at 8am , she then drops them to school ( literally behind her house ) for 8.50

She collects 1 at 1.30pm and other at 2.30 and then i collect them at 5.30pm

This is every wed and thur and on friday their grandmother collects them

How much per week is roughly a normal figure to pay ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

About 280 a week for both kids (not each).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

myshirt wrote: »
    About 280 a week for both kids (not each).

Really ?

Its not a creche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Really ?

Its not a creche

We are paying €5.50 per hour for our 16 month old with a child minder. It's in here house and she provides all good while he is there.

Ok so the 170 i pay a week isnt bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's for around 45 hours so not too bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Are you paying 170 a week for a 3 day week if a relative does two picks? If so i would say 170 is excessive and 40 to 50 per day would seem more in line.

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Are you paying 170 a week for a 3 day week if a relative does two picks? If so i would say 170 is excessive and 40 to 50 per day would seem more in line.

Read the op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

I did.
    Twice.

There is no mention of monday and Tuesday hence the question and asking if its a 3 day week.
    As i said 40 to 50 a day would be the norm from what I know so if its 170 a week then that's a good deal i would say.

Advertisement