Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Thread - Kickoff Weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

How can a 10-15 yd completion go for a long touchdown at that stage of the game? Poor tackling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

How can a 10-15 yd completion go for a long touchdown at that stage of the game? Poor tackling

Problem was there was no tackling at all. He was untouched till he was 2yards out

Problem was there was no tackling at all. He was untouched till he was 2yards out

Yep, Khalil Mack got closest right at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Shambolic tackling from the secondary, same as the whole second half, awful awful awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Unbelievable. Huge props to Rodgers for what he did coming back and winning it on one leg but that was absolutely shameful from our offense. How they let that happen is shocking.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Unbelievable. Huge props to Rodgers for what he did coming back and winning it on one leg but that was absolutely shameful from our offense. How they let that happen is shocking.

Bears should of won that game.... Flag ****ing 15 yards auto first down

Thanks Clay

Matthews ****s up

That one hurt, really really badly.

Ridiculous loss from 20-0. Coaches always go negative on 4th and 1 or 2. Automatic punt, don't know why, but this mindset contributed to the loss. You can never have too big a lead. 2 yards away from a win, but it didn't happen. Coaches fault there putting a tired defence back on the field with a 6 point lead

• Advertisement

Two 3rd & 1s and a 4th and 1 I believe we failed to convert because of terrible play calling. Trubisky wasn't good enough for the majority of that half either and that last drive had some terrible throws.

Nagy has a lot to answer for in his postgame interview.

That was a **** half of a game from two sides. Made for great watching though

Just watched Cobb again Mack gave up at like the 20 before starting back at like the 12.....could possibly of got the tackle before the line if he didnt

Just watched Cobb again Mack gave up at like the 20 before starting back at like the 12.....could possibly of got the tackle before the line if he didnt

Alex Brown is ripping Fuller on the bears post game show for both his dropped INT but mainly his lack of hustle on that play. Mack was faster getting down the field after Cobb they're saying.

Alex Brown is ripping Fuller on the bears post game show for both his dropped INT but mainly his lack of hustle on that play. Mack was faster getting down the field after Cobb they're saying.
    I'd probably forgive him the dropped int, although it happens a lot with him. But there was a serious lack of urgency on Cobb's TD, there's no way that should have gone all the way, it was embarrassing.

That said, we had our foot on their throat and took it off. It was like they thought they had the job done at half time. Playcalling reflected it. There was an ominous look to the whole thing from the second Rodgers walked back out, and we had no plan whatsoever.

Still it showed something about the bears, they will not be a team to be taken lightly this year. Looking at the schedule I think 8-8 is doable.

This is the greatest day of my life and it's only 2 hours and 41 minutes old.

*Greatest 3 hours I've ever had to start a day

Time to try to sleep for a few hours but I'm still furious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Whatever else happens, shoving the crowing back down throats was nice.

Sack, interception, forced fumble, touchdown, and a loss. Welcome to Chicago Khalil.

_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That stings. Corners beaten on various plays in the 4th, a dropped interception to win the game. Yikes. 3rd and 1 at the end really called for running the ball.

At least there's hope the Bears can be relevant this year. A lot of positives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The GB defense was horrific in the first half though Allen also looked extremely sharp. I missed the second and... that happens! To be honest I saw Rodgers had come back in when I was 90 percent asleep and that was relief enough for me. I was sure he was out for at least half the year when I had seen the replay a few times.

Fourth quarter comebacks are probably the most overrated statistic of any QB but my god they're fun to see (even if it's the next day)!

That said, the Bears look on the cusp of big pretty quality. Why was up wth fuller? He has looked pretty quality in the past but that is still maybe the best pass rush I've seen on us in a good 3 years or so. Off the top of my head anyway. Throw in hicks and roquan smith and they really have the makings of a top 5 unit if nit better. A lot depends on the offense but with that D they can even force it to Howard a lot and grind games. I had them as a 4-5 win team who might be a lot better next year but may need to evaluate that after what I saw in the first half.

Rodgers isn't human though. After going 3-6 for 13 yards and two sacks before getting injured, he comes back on one leg and puts up 17-24 for 273 yards, 3 TDs amd avoids taking any sacks despite a completely overwhelmed offensive line. McCarthy can be grateful to have had him around for all of these bail outs down the years, because he honestly hasn't looked like he knows what he is doing with anyone else under center.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    The GB defense was horrific in the first half though Allen also looked extremely sharp. I missed the second and... that happens! To be honest I saw Rodgers had come back in when I was 90 percent asleep and that was relief enough for me. I was sure he was out for at least half the year when I had seen the replay a few times.

Fourth quarter comebacks are probably the most overrated statistic of any QB but my god they're fun to see (even if it's the next day)!

That said, the Bears look on the cusp of big pretty quality. Why was up wth fuller? He has looked pretty quality in the past but that is still maybe the best pass rush I've seen on us in a good 3 years or so. Off the top of my head anyway. Throw in hicks and roquan smith and they really have the makings of a top 5 unit if nit better. A lot depends on the offense but with that D they can even force it to Howard a lot and grind games. I had them as a 4-5 win team who might be a lot better next year but may need to evaluate that after what I saw in the first half.

Rodgers isn't human though. After going 3-6 for 13 yards and two sacks before getting injured, he comes back on one leg and puts up 17-24 for 273 yards, 3 TDs amd avoids taking any sacks despite a completely overwhelmed offensive line. McCarthy can be grateful to have had him around for all of these bail outs down the years, because he honestly hasn't looked like he knows what he is doing with anyone else under center.
    Just in the being overwhelmed o line. Once Rodgers came back they decided to stop ****ing about and got down to business. He was protected like a franchise qb should be. In the first half he was getting more shots than Jenna Jamison in her career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw someone was asking was the split screen with redzone gone. I watched the end of the late games and it was there When watching on a pc. It seems like a cool feature.

Just in the being overwhelmed o line. Once Rodgers came back they decided to stop ****ing about and got down to business. He was protected like a franchise qb should be. In the first half he was getting more shots than Jenna Jamison in her career

Didn't see the second yet but I read there was a concerted move to quick releases from him (quicker than even Jennas) which may have also helped. It it really makes you wonder wtf we were thinking going for such long snaps on the first.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Btw someone was asking was the split screen with redzone gone. I watched the end of the late games and it was there When watching on a pc. It seems like a cool feature.

I don't have it this year but why I don't get is... that was an option last yard anyway. Only with three games and rz and once (or just 4 games) so if anything it sounds like theyve just taken features away for seemingly no reason.

Or to skimp as I imagine running 4 games is a lot more demanding on their servers than 1 + red zone and thy had so many connection issues last year. Still if I had renewed I would be absolutely seething over that if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

****, well thats not an ideal start from Darnold, horrible pick 6

Well it can only get better.

phatkev wrote: »
    ****, well thats not an ideal start from Darnold, horrible pick 6
    Throwing across the field is always a bit risky.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well it can only get better.

Oh can it, now?

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2Fs3fs-public%2Fstyles%2Fmarquee_large_2x%2Fpublic%2F2018%2F09%2F04%2Fnathan-peterman-hype-video.jpg%3Fitok%3DDRHf7TMf&w=1100&q=85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Hilarious thats a catch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Hazys wrote: »
    Hilarious thats a catch

I've no idea how it can be called a catch, same as the Gronk one yesterday, but I'll take it!!

Advertisement