Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Thread - Kickoff Weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Great response from the Jets, after the horror start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

phatkev wrote: »
    I've no idea how it can be called a catch, same as the Gronk one yesterday, but I'll take it!!

Like the Gronk one, i think they need indisputable evidence to overturn. Don't know how this rule change is better than last year....we're going to get some ridiculous "catches" this year

Hazys wrote: »
    Like the Gronk one, i think they need indisputable evidence to overturn. Don't know how this rule change is better than last year....we're going to get some ridiculous "catches" this year

Yeah I didnt know about the whole ball can touch the ground thing

D all over Stafford early on

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Such much for a revamped Lions running game.
    Negative yards during that 1st quarter & didn't use it at all in their second series.

• Advertisement

god dammit

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Such much for a revamped Lions running game.
    Negative yards during that 1st quarter & didn't use it at all in their second series.

In fairness the Jets run d was the only ting I had any confidence in heading into the season.

Praters leg ain't what it used to be.

Beautiful

WTF, I've seen penalties all Sunday from Defensive players sacking with their body weight and nothing there!

• Advertisement

Stafford lucky that wasnt his third pick

jets-fan-fist-pump-against-bills.gif

Enunwa is one of the most under-rated WR in the league

**** YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

From what I've seen so far, the Lions pre-season performances was no illusion. This Lions team is a ****show.
    Regardless of the what the result ends up with, they have been awful. Probably gonna finish last in the division if nothing changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Except for that one drive to start the third quarter the Lions offense has been septic.

This is great

Wow, shambolic from the Lions

Christ the Lions are bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Confident we won't finish 4th in the North if tonight is anything to go by. Another long TD run and boos just as I'm writing this.

Was expecting much more from the Lions.

Oat23 wrote: »

I wasn't.
    Signs have been ominous all off-season, but christ this is abysmal. Almost a bad as the Bills yesterday

• Advertisement

Can we play the Lions every week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Some TD by Lynch and the Raiders OLine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Oat23 wrote: »

I wasn't.
    Signs have been ominous all off-season, but christ this is abysmal. Almost a bad as the Bills yesterday
    What went wrong? They seemed to be getting better over the last few years. In fact one of the reasons our progress was not as exciting was the sense that the whole NFCN was improving.

Teams with a new Head Coach are 0-7 this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just woke up to see the result if the Jets/Lions game, shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Teams with a new Head Coach are 0-7 this weekend.

I was reading that there is more than 1 Lions beatwriter saying that, based on training camp and preseason, this is one of the worst Lions teams they've seen since Stafford was drafted.

After last night, I'd believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hazys wrote: »
    Some TD by Lynch and the Raiders OLine

It's too bad that it'll be a season hilight. Raiders will be a dumpster fire

What went wrong? They seemed to be getting better over the last few years. In fact one of the reasons our progress was not as exciting was the sense that the whole NFCN was improving.

Well for a start, I wasn't a fan of the Caldwell firing after finishing 3 seasons above .500. As an example look at what happened to the Bears after Lovie Smith was canned.
    Patricia has come in & it sounds like from beat writers out there, that the players aren't responding well to his new hard-nosed approach to training. Making them run laps after mistakes & the like. He has brought in a whole new defensive scheme without the players suited to it. Square pegs and all that.
    Player acquisitions during the offseason were underwhelming & a lot of the recent draft picks have huge question marks over them at this point. A'Shawn Robinson was a healthy scratch last night for example.
    Next the Lions were manhandled during training camp visits to the Giants & Raiders and the preseason games with them weren't much better.
    All in all it wasn't a huge surprise to me that we lost, but to lose by that much was rather shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Punishment laps? Jesus I was on a junior hurling team that got rid of those because they were archaic and a waste of time ten years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I think Belichick makes people run during camp? Probably what he's going for

I don't see a problem in making professional athletes run.

Advertisement