Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Thread - Kickoff Weekend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Falcons offensive line has been garbage.

Eagles defence has been really, really good (with the exception of sloppy penalties but it's a free for all out there in that regard) but Falcons haven't covered themselves in glory on offence.

More of the same from Sark. No imagination whatsoever.

Matt Ryan is utter trash tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Garbage throw. I am delighted, the commentators and crowd knew from the moment he threw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Pick,Ryan trying to force everything to Julio,its too predictable.

And then we get picked. It was just a damn good hit to be fair. Foles threw it right to Godard.

And TD. Mental.

• Advertisement

15 penalties now for Atlanta. Inexcusable. Such poor discipline, I'd be disgusted if I was a fan. Eagles only need about 20 yards, less even, to set up a game winning FG.

Ajayi is a beast. Serious RB unit this year with Sproles also healthy.

One of the worst performances of Matt Ryan's career.

Took 2 costly sacks at the end, had plenty of time to get rid of the ball - even out of bounds would have been better.

And then 5 attempts at the end, and not one catchable ball.

Falcons had all off-season to work on red zone offense, and THATS what they come up with? It was worse than last season. Absolutely pathetic.

I'm angry and I don't even support them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Ajayi is a beast. Serious RB unit this year with Sproles also healthy.

Clement made some good plays too. That's a serious RB unit by committee.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Slow start to the game last night but decent finish. Even tho Eagle got the win I can’t see them going too far this year. If Atlanta could finish in the red zone they would have won easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Loughc wrote: »
    Slow start to the game last night but decent finish. Even tho Eagle got the win I can’t see them going too far this year. If Atlanta could finish in the red zone they would have won easily.
    Depends on how Wentz comes back. Could easily have been MVP last year. If he can be close to that level, they are a better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭cosatron

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Falcons killing themselves. 13 penalties for 110 yards.
    its ok they can work through this the bet is fine
    Ryan has been poor.
    a little nervous
    Falcons offensive line has been garbage.
    getting a bit excited
    Eagles defence has been really, really good (with the exception of sloppy penalties but it's a free for all out there in that regard) but Falcons haven't covered themselves in glory on offence.
    denial
    More of the same from Sark. No imagination whatsoever.
    blame game
    Matt Ryan is utter trash tonight.
    more blame game
    15 penalties now for Atlanta. Inexcusable. Such poor discipline, I'd be disgusted if I was a fan. Eagles only need about 20 yards, less even, to set up a game winning FG.
    the bet is f**ked full on mad
    One of the worst performances of Matt Ryan's career.

Took 2 costly sacks at the end, had plenty of time to get rid of the ball - even out of bounds would have been better.

And then 5 attempts at the end, and not one catchable ball.

Falcons had all off-season to work on red zone offense, and THATS what they come up with? It was worse than last season. Absolutely pathetic.

I'm angry and I don't even support them!

So how much had you on the falcons last night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Falcons @ Eagles
    Bills @ Ravens
    Jaguars @ Giants
    Buccaneers @ Saints
    Texans @ Patriots
    49ers @ Vikings
    Titans @ Dolphins
    Bengals @ Colts
    Steelers @ Browns
    Chiefs @ Chargers
    Seahawks @ Broncos
    Cowboys @ Panthers
    Redskins @ Cardinals
    Bears @ Packers
    Jets @ Lions
    Rams @ Raiders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Jones was absolutely brilliant, but other than him (and maybe Coleman) the Atlanta offense was brutal. I have a few quid on them for the Superbowl, and I think they will improve, but that was a bad start. As Jamarcus pointed out, the OL was terrible, Ryan seemed skittish but there was often just one option for him due to the way the plays were designed.

The Eagles were very beatable tonight, and they shat the bed.

cosatron wrote: »
    So how much had you on the falcons last night.

Nice try - zero.

I dislike Sarkisian from his USC days, and the Falcons were disgraceful and threw the game away.

Did you even watch the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I avoided all Falcon players in Fantasy football, such is the struggles I think they'll have this year. Agreed with JaMarcus in my dislike for Sarkisian.

They'll get 8ish wins, but I don't see a playoff run. Their D is legit though, so perhaps I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭cosatron

Nice try - zero.

I dislike Sarkisian from his USC days, and the Falcons were disgraceful and threw the game away.

Did you even watch the game?

Yea. Poor stuff from the falcons, very perdictable. There offence has regressed since shanahan left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was going to try and watch the start live this morning but when mike Tirico appeared in the tunnel saying there was a 45 minute delay and went back to al and Chris and they wonder if it's them that caused the delay I went to bed. I know the score but I'll need to fill in the blanks later on that.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know the score but I'll need to fill in the blanks later on that.

You didn't miss much, trust me. Brutal game. 26 penalties in total, it was tough to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If that is the level of performance they're going to get from Foles then the Eagles really should have taken that high pick trade for him. Some of his passing was appalling and was only covered over by how terrible Falcon play calling and performance by Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Listened to most of last night’s game on the radio, then watched the last quarter on TV.  

Was there like a hundred penalties in that game?  This year better not be a penaltypalloza by the refs or it’s going to be one long, dull and aggravating season.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Listened to most of last night’s game on the radio, then watched the last quarter on TV.  

Was there like a hundred penalties in that game?  This year better not be a penaltypalloza by the refs or it’s going to be one long, dull and aggravating season.
    To be fair, the refs let a lot of bang-bang plays go. Which they have been directed to do. Just a lot of ill discipline by both teams. Eagles had fewer penalties in the 2nd half than the first, Atlanta had 15 in the match I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Vernon is out for the Giants on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

it won't be remembered as a classic anyway but a win is a win. I mean the Falcons offense without Julio jones was shocking. The eagles defence looks good but the offense seemed to get going in the second half. Ajayi looks good as does young Darren sproles. Foles can't get worse but didn't look great early on but he has a couple more games before wentz comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Buzzing for tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vernon is out for the Giants on Sunday

He's so damn injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Pats Texans game of the night for me expecting a shootout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Post if anyone is questionable or a doubt

Advertisement