Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Thread - Kickoff Weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

phatkev wrote: »
    Bengals player ejected for targeting!!

I like that call (ejection), it was late, he used his helmet and targeted Luck's head. The only way players will stop is by dropping the hammer on them when they do it. Imagine the Colts losing Luck for multiple games on a hit like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1038841384361439238?s=21

Good call.

Shocking that it came from a Bengal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That ejection was a load of balls. Heading for non contact flag football sooner rather than later.

_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I love Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The Ravens can piss off throwing Jackson in for gimmick plays.

Flacco is in a decent rhythm here, let him keep going instead of disrupting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nice that the Saints got rid of the ice rink they used to play on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

TB12 interception off a deflection. Texans on Pats 17. 2nd and 10 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Patww79 wrote: »
    Well the combination of game pass not working, having to watch red zone, and that bull**** ejection has fairly put a damper on the excitement I was feeling for the new season.

I dont know how you can say that was a bad call, helmet to helmet hit on a defenceless player, its the definition of what their trying to take out of the game. The sooner players realise they wont get away with it the better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

a very un-brady-like interception there. not often you see him miss behind a player like that. And a typical Big Ben interception, broken pocket, scrambling, throwing into triple coverage. (it was a great diving int by the defender to be fair)

apparently the Brasdy one was a tipped/deflected ball....that explains a lot.

I dont know how you can say that was a bad call, helmet to helmet hit on a defenceless player, its the definition of what their trying to take out of the game. The sooner players realise they wont get away with it the better imo

He didn't slide and really should only be mollycoddled if he slides. I know it's the new rules but they're bull and will render the sport unrecognisable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ravens putting the Bills to the sword as was expected

Flacco looks sharp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

Sweet pass there by Cousins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Only 25% completion and 0.75 yards per attempt, but four passes in and Peterman hasn't been intercepted yet.

nZwxflC.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Two sightings of Lamar Jackson for the ravens. I didn't think I'd see him this early.

2 sacks for Ravens CB Tavon Young in the first quarter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nice that the Saints got rid of the ice rink they used to play on.

And it doesn't hurt your eyes.

He didn't slide and really should only be mollycoddled if he slides. I know it's the new rules but they're bull and will render the sport unrecognisable.

Helmet to helmet hits like that add absolutely nothing to the game for me. never have, never will!

You're replying to a guy who enjoyed seeing Zach Miller almost lose his leg, celebrated Dalvin Cook tearing his ACL and posted earlier today that he hopes Khalil Mack tears his ACL tonight. Player safety doesn't concern him. Don't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Titans fans will be hoping the defense doesn't play like that again all season. Jesus fecking christ that was a woeful drive on their end.

Oat23 wrote: »
    You're replying to a guy who enjoyed seeing Zach Miller almost lose his leg, celebrated Dalvin Cook tearing his ACL and posted earlier today that he hopes Khalil Mack tears his ACL tonight. Player safety doesn't concern him. Don't bother.

You're making at least one of them up, and embellishing another but yeah you've the general gist at least. I don't see the problem as none of them play for a team I follow and it's no different to all the corks popping when Rodgers went down last season, except I wasn't crying about it like you are now.

I don't know how you would be happy with the game being turned into non contact though. Would you have ever started watching it if it was?

Edit - and that Garret one on Roethlisberger is an even bigger example. Absolute horseshít and even further down the touch football line than that earlier ejection was. Landing on the quarterback, Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

Helmet to helmet hits like that add absolutely nothing to the game for me. never have, never will!

Absolutely. It was a textbook example of what they want to stamp out. Ejection 100% the right call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

That call on Myles is bull****, don't know what else he can do there.

At least Brady is still Brady.

14-3 Pats. Jimmy White rec TD.

You're making at least one of them up, and embellishing another but yeah you've the general gist. I don't see the problem as none of them play for a team I follow and it's no different to all the corks popping when Rodgers went down last season, except I wasn't crying about it.

I don't know how you would be happy with the game being turned into non contact though. Would you have ever started watching it if it was?

Dude he was on the ground and he came in head first. You can't tackle like that with what we know now. They've tried to get players to stop leading with their helmet over the past few seasons but they were still doing it so they've been forced into ejecting players so they'll start listening.

Mike Brown is my favourite bear. He lived for hits like that 15 years ago but you can't do it now.

Am I concerned QBs will be over protected by this? Of course. But that Luck hit had nothing to do with him being a QB. He was a defenseless player on the ground and the defender came in using his head as a spear. Easy decision to eject him.

Masked Man wrote: »
    That call on Myles is bull****, don't know what else he can do there.

While I think they've got it right with the helmet to helmet rule, the landing on a QB after sacking them one is complete bo11ox. I dont know what they expect defensive players to do!

You're making at least one of them up, and embellishing another but yeah you've the general gist at least. I don't see the problem as none of them play for a team I follow and it's no different to all the corks popping when Rodgers went down last season, except I wasn't crying about it like you are now.

Edit - and that Garret one on Roethlisberger is an even bigger example. Absolute horseshand even further down the touch football line than that earlier ejection was. Landing on the quarterback, Jesus Christ.

So if someone else does it's okay for you to do it? How childish.
    Scummy to celebrate a player going down to injury, and other people doing it certainly does not justify it.

So if someone else does it's okay for you to do it? How childish.
    Scummy to celebrate a player going down to injury, and other people doing it certainly does not justify it.

I don't know any of them. They're just faceless parts of a team to me.

Paully D wrote: »

It really is madness that that's a rule now.

• Advertisement

Jaysis the Buccs Saints game looks a cracker.

Advertisement