Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Thread - Kickoff Weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patww79 wrote: »
    I don't know any of them. They're just faceless parts of a team to me.
    I'm sorry, are you saying you celebrate a player getting injured?

I'll celebrate a player getting a big hit but I'm not happy to see anybody ever injured.

I'm with you on the rules going very soft but it's understandable from a financial point of view because there have been many cases already taken by former players.

We gotta just accept that these things are going to happen. At least they look at it and change rules every year. I'd imagine that rule that got Roethlisberger a first down will be gone next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Wow, Roethlisberger still has a cannon for an arm.....of course it wasn't very accurate, but still fun to watch him launch it.

Fitzpatrick doing his best Peyton Manning impression today.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I don't know any of them. They're just faceless parts of a team to me.

I suppose props for admitting it, but I don't see how you can truly enjoy the sport if that is your attitude tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TD buccaneers. Jameis who ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What the fup is going on at Nawlans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Watson picked off. He hasn't looked great today tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How’s Barkley doing for the Giants today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Nice to see Ross get a td. Probably should have used him last year!

Lightning strike near the Dolphins stadium so the game is in a weather delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Pats defense outperforming the offense. Never thaught I'd say that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Paully D wrote: »
    How’s Barkley doing for the Giants today?

8 carries for 12 yards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm sorry, are you saying you celebrate a player getting injured?

I'll celebrate a player getting a big hit but I'm not happy to see anybody ever injured.

I'm with you on the rules going very soft but it's understandable from a financial point of view because there have been many cases already taken by former players.

We gotta just accept that these things are going to happen. At least they look at it and change rules every year. I'd imagine that rule that got Roethlisberger a first down will be gone next year.

Not celebrate but if it weakens the opposition then of course I want to see them lose important players.
    I suppose props for admitting it, but I don't see how you can truly enjoy the sport if that is your attitude tbh.

Because it's about teams not players for me. They're all multi millionaires, most of them are assholes, and none of them are forced to play. Why would someone feel personal sympathy for them?

_

Big Ben throws a pick.

I was expecting a little bit more from the Clecveland Offense today with Taylor in at QB. Their Defense has come up big with 3 turnovers though.

Poor enough hurry up from the Vikings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I was expecting a little bit more from the Clecveland Offense today with Taylor in at QB. Their Defense has come up big with 3 turnovers though.

Taylor is awfully limited though. He's basically there to be a buffer for the little fella starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Only 24 yards for Buffalo!!

I think the weather is causing havoc with both offences

Very strange highlight there on red zone. The refs blew the whistle even though the player wasn't touched down.

Only 24 yards for Buffalo!!

That takes effort for a pro team.

• Advertisement

no way was that a catch from Gronk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pats needed/deserved that TD. They have been the much better team this half, it would be a shame to go into halftime only up by one score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

NE are sick in 2 min drill. It's like they flip a switch. 21-6 at the half most likely. Dorsett rec TD.

Brady is done.............. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

phatkev wrote: »
    no way was that a catch from Gronk

I think it might be a catch with the new rules. Very similar to the catch that stood early in the Eagles Falcons game where to ball hits the ground like that too.

...is it any coincidence that Joe Flacco is looking like John ELway with Lamar Jackson on the sidelines waiting to take his starting job? This must be one of his best games in years.

That’s fantastic from Crabtree getting both feet inbounds. Superb throw from Flacco too.

Houston take a knee with 14 seconds left but still have 3 timeouts. Surely enough to try a thing or two? Seems a bit defeatest.

The Bills have been an embarrassment.

Half-time, 27-0 down, and they’re yet to have a first down.

Baltimore have the same amount of sacks (3) than Buffalo have had completions!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

...is it any coincidence that Joe Flacco is looking like John ELway with Lamar Jackson on the sidelines waiting to take his starting job? This must be one of his best games in years.

It's against the Bills to be fair

Advertisement