Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options
  • 04-09-2018 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    We're expecting our 1st on May 1st. Figured I'd get the ball rolling on the thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Due 18th (I think) or 20th.. found out yesterday. LMP was 13 August on a 25 day cycle.. so I’m not certain of the due date.

evil_seed wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    We're expecting our 1st on May. Figured I'd get the ball rolling on the thread

What Date in may are you due

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

What Date in may are you due

May 1st. I'm the papa btw. My wife isn't on boards.

evil_seed wrote: »
    May 1st. I'm the papa btw. My wife isn't on boards.

Congrats to you both great news

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trueblue18

Hi...we're due our first on May 8th...equal parts terrified and delighted, congrats everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Congrats all!

Just found out last Friday (confirmed with doctor yesterday). Due 10th May based on LMP but doc said that could change when I do the check in with the hospital as my cycle was all over the place.

Also a little bit nervous but excited - our first as well. Planned but not kinda - planned as in we weren't doing anything to stop, not in the sense that we didn't think it would happen yet!

Not the easiest start - on antibiotics and inhalers for a chest infection but will be happy when that ends.

Laughing as years of IBS seemed to have prepared me for the low grade nauseous feeling I'm having all day so mostly able to ignore it. Never thought I'd be grateful for IBS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I’m going to tentatively join in here: looking at an end of May due date but after a few miscarriages lately I’m just keeping everything crossed. This will be my 3rd baby I have a 4&6 year old already. The nausea and vomiting has already started and it’s horrendous. Esp considering I’m off on hols tomorrow: will get meds from GP today so hopefully they will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Doing this Anon for now as a decent number of folks know me in boardsland. I'm a bloke here, but

Have one great kid already and now we have a positive test over the weekend, about 5 weeks gone. We have been trying for around 18 months [which featured at least two *very* early miscarriges]. So absolutely crapping ourselves about miscarriages again - both wrong side of 40 so know risk is higher, and despite having been lucky to have one already would really love to have a second.

[Usual story, we had wanted 3 or 4, like many folks these days, started trying far too late. It then it took ages, was not a magic one or two months trying kinda thing!!!]

So fingers & toes crossed & I will really do my best to be happy and positive and ensure we have decent food etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sleepily

May 15th here - equal parts excited and nervous! It's my first pregnancy so I'm just hoping everything goes to plan. Will be delighted when I get to the 12 week mark :o

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭anndub

Hi All, just found out I'm expecting our second. Wasn't expecting it so soon but delighted nonetheless.

Had a miscarriage before having our daughter so the fear of a reoccurrence is high. That said, I was already nauseous before I missed my period and continue to be so hormones are obviously raging away happily. I had hyperemesis with my daughter and I think I'm in for a repeat this time!

I have very short cycles (22/23 days) so calculators are not very accurate for me but at a guess I'm due the 30/31st of May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Zecora

Hi everyone and congratulations! Due no. 2 on 17th May. Have a 4.5 year old already. The all day nausea has kicked in and I'm finding it difficult to function at the moment. Hoping it passes soon but was sick up until about 16 weeks on my first so expecting similar again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Due May 15th here on my second. The symptoms are so much worse than first time. Also I've a 2 year old to chase around and wake up early with so there's no relaxing!

Seriously though, the sickness and tiredness are really killing me. Anyway, good luck everyone. I had a miscarraige first time so I'm a little worried about that too.

Congrats to all of you.

Nausea is really starting to rev up today compounded by an unsettled night with my daughter I think. I'm struggling to keep up appearances in work already. Heartburn seems to be coming on board very early this time too.

I see a lot of us here are suffering nausea so at least we can moan to each other. Hope you are all managing ok

I hear you on the nausea. Constantly on the verge of vomiting. Totally miserable with it. Would love to press forward to 12 weeks when, hopefully, it will end.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Could someone advise when is best to go to the GP first time after finding out we are pregnant? Also does anyone know a reliable GP in D8?

I’m on meds for nausea already I’m so bloody sick. No fun at all.

What medication are you on cyning? I started vomiting yesterday and can't keep anything down now. Have a doctor appointment in a couple of days. Finding it hard to do anything at the moment and really don't want to continue like this.

I can't see any reason to wait solonglolli. If you are going the public route its better to get yourself into the system early rather than later.

Poor you Zacura. I was prescribed cariban and omeprazol in the Rotunda when I was pregnant with my daughter. It didn't take away the constant nausea but it did reduce the vomiting back to just when I got up in the morning. I think cariban is the go to drug for the Dublin maternity hospitals now

Solonglolli - I got a positive test on a Friday and had booked myself into the GP for the Monday morning then. Didn't see the point in waiting to get the ball rolling on everything and get blood pressure etc checked. Also my first. :) Sorry not able to help on the GP's in D8 as not in that area.

cyning - god that sucks! I hope the medication helps.

I'm very lucky with no vomiting (it's the one thing I can't deal with) but low grade nausea is my life I've just accepted. Thankfully it's nothing worse than when my IBS was at it's worst so its somewhat familiar and I'm on my coping mechanisms from that time (plain food, eat small and often, sip water continuously).

Got all my first set of appointments from the Coombe yesterday - very excited now! It all seems a bit more real. Impressed as well with their turnaround time as they only would have gotten my letter on Friday at the earliest.

Maxalon for now Zecora... I’m with the EPU Tuesday 3 weeks for a dating scan (not routinely done down here unfortunately) and I’ll be in high risk clinic for pregnancy I was on my two girls anyway. I’m hoping I’ll be able to avoid admission for fluids this time I’ve been on hols for the last week so has been easier in one sense. I had 7 admissions with my first... pregnancy is never easy with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Omg the sea bands. I put one on 2 days ago and the difference in me. It's life changing ! I'm not into natural remedies, I usually rush for painkillers but these are amazing. I feel totally fine, take them off and I'm dying again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Just thinking of you all....my third baby will be a year old in May 2019,and I remember how I felt this time last year (and I do not miss it!!!).Hope you all have happy, healthy pregnancies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Adding myself in - second baby due end of May not sure if exact dates but I reckon I’m about six weeks gone

Just wondering how everyone is managing their morning sickness? I had been fine until last Thursday. Since then I've been nauseous 24/7 :( I'm not actually getting sick which is good but the thoughts of eating is torture. At the same time its the only thing that gives slight relief. I think I'm a bit worse in the evenings too.

I got the Sea Bands at the weekend and I think it gives some relief but the nausea is still there. Apart from that I'm just forcing down small meals as often as I can. I'm currently 7 weeks 5 days.

Anyone have any tips? :confused:

Sleepily if you try eat small amounts more often: sometimes for some people things like ginger or dry crackers can help. Salt and vinegar taytos help me.

I on the other hand am in hosp on a drip. Zilch fun... they are trying new meds so fingers crossed.

Sleepily - I have similar. I'm just trying to eat small amounts. Last night was a bit better but since last week dinner consisted of crackers with some butter and grapes. I know the thoughts of eating are horrible but I find having things already there that I can nibble and not have to prepare does help as means I don't have to spend time smelling or working with food.

Oh cyning that sucks! Hopefully the new meds work!

cyning wrote: »
    Sleepily if you try eat small amounts more often: sometimes for some people things like ginger or dry crackers can help. Salt and vinegar taytos help me.

I on the other hand am in hosp on a drip. Zilch fun... they are trying new meds so fingers crossed.

You poor thing :( Fingers crossed the new meds bring you some relief.

I'm going to try the smaller meals and see how I go. I'm not usually a fan of ginger but will try that too.

witchgirl26 - Thanks also. Yeah, I might stock up on some Mezze type meals so i can pick at things. Cereal has been good but there isnt enough substance to it all day every day :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you're so unwell cyning, fingers crossed the new medication helps. I ended up in a&e last week due to non stop vomiting. Luckily I didn't have to be admitted but am on medication now which is helping.

Sleepily on my first I found sweets helped a lot - those kind of hard fruit sweets. It's really rotten being so ill. Hopefully it'll pass soon for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mollieor

Hi all

I'm due May 26th, first baby. Anyone got the flu vaccine or thinking about the whooping cough vaccine? Heard mixed comments on both. Any advice welcome. Felt like GP was a bit too pushy about getting them.

• Advertisement

Get both! I had flu last year which developed into pneumonia... absolute torture without being pregnant. Being sick and pregnant is awful: v little pain relief etc, it’s just not worth it. I’ll get mine soon.

Advertisement