Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Ah look at this stage if you're wrecked for days after it's not worth it. I'd be pushing for it when you see the consultant. I was wrecked at my last appointment and my consultant mentioned it. I said no cause with 2 already at home my days in work are the easiest of the week!

When is everyone due?
    I'm due 25th and going to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Nead21 wrote: »

When is everyone due?
    I'm due 25th and going to Waterford.

Due the 24th but it’ll be an elective section so it will be the week before I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Hi all. Doing ok here. Have managed to stay diet controlled with the GD so thankful for that!

Glad the iron is helping - I've been taking Spatone the whole time and the difference is great. End up really noticing it the days I forget!

Angeldelight - oh your defo better off signed off in that case! Himself keeps saying to me about getting signed off a couple of weeks early from work but I sit at a desk and it's only 20 mins from home so isn't too bad. Plus my last 2 weeks will be 4 day ones so will be fine. I'll obv do it if I'm not able to keep going but kinda feel like I'll jinx myself if I do it and I'm actually semi-ok. Kinda like pulling a sickie when you're not sick & then ending up sick afterwards lol.

Nead21 - oh flip that's no fun with everyone being sick. Hope you all feel better soon!

cyning - I've heard of that but hoping I don't get it!

I'm due the 16th. With the GD, my understanding is they won't let me go more than 4 or 5 days over max which I'm good with. 33 weeks now. Have the labour bag by the front door and the hospital bag is pretty much packed. Did the hospital tour the other day (I'm in the Coombe) and found it really good. I don't like not knowing where I'm going so it helped with that anxiety of seeing what the delivery suites look like and the wards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I’m due 24th. I’m only working a 4 day week until baba comes im just not able. I’ll be induced at 40 weeks but am hoping they might bring me a bit earlier: I’m exhausted physically. At 32 weeks I still weigh slightly less than I did when I got pregnant. I’m really looking forward to not being thirsty, actually being hungry :)

I really need to pack my bag. I have most bits bought but nothing washed and I need another nightdress and some small things but I have enough in case I do.

Hospital tour is a great idea. It think it helps in the mental preparation if that makes sense.

I washed all the baby clothes during the week and it's so strange seeing all the little tiny clothes on the line again.

We're all due very close together so far. I have it in my head I'll go early as my 1st was born at 39 weeks and my 2nd at 38weeks. Although in saying that I'm just as likely to go over. My second came very quickly and I'm a bit worried about not getting to the hospital in time. I also don't want to be arriving to the hospital with every pain and niggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

We were in Holles St for the usual check up on Friday. We had a different consultant this time around as our usual one was on holidays. He was very thorough, asked questions, answered ours and then estimated we're at 35+4, putting us back into April.
    The bump is slowly dropping now. My wife was incredibly fatigued a couple of weeks back and the GP advised to double up on the iron every other day. Worked a treat!

Had scan today and hosp appt. baba is measuring aprox 4.5pounds which is great, I’m dehydrated again so had more fluids, was up on a trace for an hour baba hates them it kicks the probe off every time. My endo reckons he won’t be seeing me at next appt I’ll have had the baba in 5 weeks but I doubt it very much!

cyning wrote: »
    Had scan today and hosp appt. baba is measuring aprox 4.5pounds which is great, I’m dehydrated again so had more fluids, was up on a trace for an hour baba hates them it kicks the probe off every time. My endo reckons he won’t be seeing me at next appt I’ll have had the baba in 5 weeks but I doubt it very much!

That would be amazing! Glad you got the fluids hope they give you a few good days

Angeldelight did you get signed off of work?

Nead21 wrote: »
    Angeldelight did you get signed off of work?

I did! I have to say it was the best thing ever... I’ve been so much better now that I’ve been able to have two days a week where I can properly rest and not have my 3 year old hanging out of me!

• Advertisement

Ah that’s great. I’m trying to make it to Easter for now.... in saying that I’m off today and tomorrow blood pressure is low. Only 6 weeks 2 days left it’s not going to be long now!

I did! I have to say it was the best thing ever... I’ve been so much better now that I’ve been able to have two days a week where I can properly rest and not have my 3 year old hanging out of me!

Ah that's brilliant. I'm off next week and then just 3 weeks left.

I'm officially at the fed up and over it stage of the pregnancy. Very uncomfortable at night and basic tasks are getting a real struggle. I have a wedding to go to Easter Saturday...i hope i survive!

I had an appointment with my consultant last week. I asked him it is likely that I will go before my due date like the last 2 times? He said while not guaranteed it is very likely. Also not to hang around as it's likely to be fast again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

angeldelight that's brill you got signed off. Say it makes things just that bit easier.

cyning - hope you're able to make it to Easter. It's not too long!

Nead21 - I don't think I could hack a wedding at this point! I'm fine during the day but after 8pm I'm done with everything!

I've only 2 weeks left in work after this week & one is a 3 day with the other being a 4 day week. So happy about that.

Was with my GP last week & he thinks I may have a UTI - joy of joys. He's sent a sample off for testing. Hopefully not. Was raging last night though, I didn't wake up to pee, no I woke up because himself was snoring (he never snores)! I almost killed him lol! Although he has bought me a giant Easter Egg with the promise to bring it into the hospital after the baby is born and I can eat chocolate again so might keep him alive for that.

I’ve a wedding the 11th May :) will have to make some of it. On my crutches :D

I’m totally over the whole thing at this stage!

Then I was treating my 5 year old for cradle cap and I thought of those lovely new born snuggles and hugs and newborn baby smell (and cradle cap and spit up!!) and it will all be ok. 6 weeks, I can do 6 weeks!

Got my section date - this date next month, eek!

That will fly! Bet you can’t wait!

That will fly! Bet you can’t wait!

Feels really odd knowing the date in advance... I’m happy to know it as it makes organising for the 3yo a lot simpler

So exciting.

Hubby and myself have a series of plans to organise the 2 boys. I think worse case scenario for me is going into labour in the middle of the night but between the grandparents we should be sorted.

I am just not going to go into labour in the middle of the night or on a Sunday because either way I’m completely screwed! A nice mon or tues date for induction would suit me nicely :D totally works that way. My Childminder is a gem so will probably send them that way!

I just need baby not to get any ideas about coming sooner than section date as my parents are away until the night before! In laws could be a back up but 3yo wouldn’t be as comfortable with them at all so would need husband to go and take her home to our house etc whereas my parents she’d have multiple sleepovers and be delighted with life so really would take the pressure off

• Advertisement

How’s everyone finding the heat? Have we anyone due start of May? It’s all getting so close now :) just remembered to register for my everymum bag I love free stuff! I think I finally have everything got for my hosp bag: fingers crossed anyway. Just need to make sure I have an outfit to come home in!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sillysuz

cyning wrote:
    How’s everyone finding the heat? Have we anyone due start of May? It’s all getting so close now just remembered to register for my everymum bag I love free stuff! I think I finally have everything got for my hosp bag: fingers crossed anyway. Just need to make sure I have an outfit to come home in!

I have no clothes for this weather, love it though! Haven't picked up my freebie must go in this week. I'm officially 9 months pregnant today, 4 weeks and counting whoop whoop

I don’t either... and I’m not buying at this stage! Aldi have their baby event on Thursday too. I love their muslins but not much else I’m going to get. Maybe some bibs! I must say the fan for the Pram made me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

How’s everyone finding the heat? Have we anyone due start of May? It’s all getting so close now :) just remembered to register for my everymum bag I love free stuff! I think I finally have everything got for my hosp bag: fingers crossed anyway. Just need to make sure I have an outfit to come home in!

Due 1st May! Baby was breech up until a week ago. Cause I’ve GD the most they will let me go over is 7 days so baby will be here, hopefully, in first week of May ☺️

Brilliant JD24 we'll be eagerly watching for your announcement. Very exciting to be on the countdown now.

I survived the wedding and actually really enjoyed it. I've definitely slowed down alot over the last week. Getting lots of pains and niggles so I think things are starting to ready. I've 3 weeks left in work now and I'm looking forward to finishing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

6 days to the due date :eek:
    The baby/bump is slowly dropping and my wife is getting more and more uncomfortable. Fair play to her, she's going through and awful lot with knots in her shoulders, back, glutes and calves. I'm doing my best but I'm no masseuse.
    The braxton hicks are getting stronger too to the point where I'm worried each one is the start of labour

I finished up in work. 4 weeks 2 days left! Lost another 2kg: god knows what I’m going to wear once I give birth :D

Braxton hicks can be so painful: hopefully she goes soon. It is nerve wracking just waiting!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

evil_seed wrote: »
    The braxton hicks are getting stronger too to the point where I'm worried each one is the start of labour
    Had this on all of mine.Pain in the a$$.When she can't talk....it's labour.It is nerve wracking though.Mine were worst at night, I used to get up at 2:30am and walk the floors and they would ease off.After about two weeks of that I gave up and just went back to sleep!!!In a weird way I kind of like it though because I felt that my body was preparing itself and would go itself, and I did on all three-I was keen to avoid inductions if I could.Hopefully she will go soon, if she can keep walking, gravity is her friend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Hi everybody. My daughter in law in the UK went for her 36 week scan last week. They reckoned the baby weighed 5lbs 10oz. They expressed concern that this was underweight- and suggested another scan at 39 weeks. If the baby is still small, they say they will bring her in and induce her. I always thought that a baby put on about half a pound a week in the final few weeks. Back in the last century, when I was having babies, a 7lb 10oz baby would have been a very respectable weight. I'm curious why they should have concerns about this.... Any ideas? Ta.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Hi everybody. My daughter in law in the UK went for her 36 week scan last week. They reckoned the baby weighed 5lbs 10oz. They expressed concern that this was underweight- and suggested another scan at 39 weeks. If the baby is still small, they say they will bring her in and induce her. I always thought that a baby put on about half a pound a week in the final few weeks. Back in the last century, when I was having babies, a 7lb 10oz baby would have been a very respectable weight. I'm curious why they should have concerns about this.... Any ideas? Ta.

It’s likely to do with her baby’s growth centiles so far eg my babies are always big... when the drs plot the measurements at different points they are consistently increasing. If suddenly the measurements started showing the baby was measuring around the “average” line that would be a sign that their growth is slowing down and there could be a reduction in blood flow getting to baby. So likely to be individual to how her baby has measured all along vs what is seen as an “average” weight

Advertisement