Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It may also have to do with other measurements they took at the time, like lengths of limbs etc....might be showing up a bit behind relatively speaking.If the baby has suddenly slowed in growth it may have implications for how the placenta is performing etc.Sorry, I don't mean to alarm you, I don't think it's just about the weight though. However it is still a really inexact science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I hate the conversation about the baby's weight. Loads of my friends have had this...either concern that the baby is too big or too small. In each case the consultant has been completely wrong by over a lb. All it does is create mostly unnecessary worry. My eldest was 6lb 3oz when he was born and lost weight. His lowest was 5lb 6oz until milk came in and then put it on lots of weight. There was never a concern that this wasn't normal.

shesty wrote: »
    It may also have to do with other measurements they took at the time, like lengths of limbs etc....might be showing up a bit behind relatively speaking.If the baby has suddenly slowed in growth it may have implications for how the placenta is performing etc.Sorry, I don't mean to alarm you, I don't think it's just about the weight though. However it is still a really inexact science.

I agree that there is more cause for concern if there is a sudden change in growth pattern as opposed just being concerned about weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hospital tomorrow. Kind of dreading it, I want a plan, and they are not great at communicating. I’m crippled in pain I just want an induction at 38 weeks at this stage instead of 40. But guess we will see. I spent most of today in bed it helped a bit... but that’s not practical either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

cyning wrote: »
    Hospital tomorrow. Kind of dreading it, I want a plan, and they are not great at communicating. I’m crippled in pain I just want an induction at 38 weeks at this stage instead of 40. But guess we will see. I spent most of today in bed it helped a bit... but that’s not practical either.

Easier said than done especially when you’re not feeling well but push for a plan! How many weeks are you now?

I was in the hospital today, 36+3... at most I have 2w2d left thank goodness. I’m so much pain with lower back and pelvis I’m miserable. Bed definitely helps but as you say not practical! Baba is back to back same as big sister was but as I’m a section I’m not too fussed!

• Advertisement

36+3 here too.... I’m havinh more regular BH at this stage so I’m exhausted from them. Between everything you’d be wrecked! And I’m sick of the crutches

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Best of luck tomorrow cyning

I’ve been admitted. I had reduced movements so came in to get checked, all is good with baby but being 2 days off my due date and with the GD, they decided to admit me and start induction. My May baby could be an April baby....

JD24 wrote: »

I’ve been admitted. I had reduced movements so came in to get checked, all is good with baby but being 2 days off my due date and with the GD, they decided to admit me and start induction. My May baby could be an April baby....

Oh good luck!! I hope things go quickly for you xx

Oh wow JD24! Hope it all goes quickly: are you getting the gel or do you just need drip? Let us know first May baby :) even if it is in April!

36+3 here too.... I’m havinh more regular BH at this stage so I’m exhausted from them. Between everything you’d be wrecked! And I’m sick of the crutches

The BH are killing me too. Totally knocking the wind out of me. So uncomfortable. I was at yoga last night and was really struggling.

Back with consultant on Friday. Good luck today Cyning hopefully you get a plan.

• Advertisement

Very best of luck JD24!!!

I’m back in 2 weeks if I’m favourable. If not they are inducing the following week at 39+4. So look max 3 weeks left now.

I’m back in 2 weeks if I’m favourable. If not they are inducing the following week at 39+4. So look max 3 weeks left now.

Good to have a deadline! I've definitely found it helps. Fingers crossed you go yourself first of course - that would be the Brucie Bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Just a quick update to say our daughter came a day early but all is amazing. I can;t wait to bring her home. Fair play to all the women out there that go through natural child birth, I don't know how you do it.

evil_seed wrote: »
    Just a quick update to say our daughter came a day early but all is amazing. I can;t wait to bring her home. Fair play to all the women out there that go through natural child birth, I don't know how you do it.

Congratulations! Enjoy getting to know her :)

Ah brilliant massive congratulations enjoy every second :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congratulations evil_seed :)

Huge congratulations evil_seed. Hope mum and baby are doing well.

Happy May to us all!

I'm getting lots of period type pain the last few days so I'm hoping that's the baby moving down. I'll know more Friday I guess.

Congratulations evil_seed!

Still no baby for me. Induction from Monday was not successful so Consultant gave me the day off yesterday! I’m back in again today to start it all over again...

Hopefully I’ll be updating you all sooner rather than later

Oh you poor thing. Very best of luck today.

• Advertisement

Still no baby for me. Induction from Monday was not successful so Consultant gave me the day off yesterday! I’m back in again today to start it all over again...

Ah no fun JD24. My first induction was a very long one so you have my every sympathy hopefully today goes better.

Oh I had that nightmare long induction first time round... hope things move swiftly today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Massive congrats! Enjoy every single moment :)

Oh hopefully it goes better today.

I completely dropped off here just because things were mental at home. Off work now which is just as well as the final week was a bit of a struggle. BH are happening a lot now for me but always start at 3ish in the afternoon. We've bets now that that's when I'll actually start on it all lol.
    Had growth scan today & consultant app too. Baby is measuring in the 39th percentile which they're really happy with considering the GD. It's right down the middle of the chart between the 10th & 90th. Based on that they're happy to let me go myself. Bump is defo dropping so not sure I'll make my due date. 2 weeks left officially!

Hope everyone is keeping well (or as well as you can).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Abbieboo

Hi all
    I posted here previously.
    I have about 9 more days for my section date.
    But unlike all of ye I'm feeling depressed and feeling like i don't want this baby.
    I'm single and currently caring for an extremely difficult 3 yr old and have absolutely no help.
    I'm dreading this baby .
    And am afraid to talk to doctor or a professional to consider or discuss my options.

Abbieboo wrote: »
    Hi all
    But unlike all of ye I'm feeling depressed and feeling like i don't want this baby.
    I'm single and currently caring for an extremely difficult 3 yr old and have absolutely no help.
    I'm dreading this baby .
    And am afraid to talk to doctor or a professional to consider or discuss my options.

It’s not easy having a new baby. Is there anyone you would feel comfortable talking to? I know people can panic at the mention of TUSLA but there are supports available: or your local family resource centre? It’s daunting and you feel how you feel. Esp with a toddler at home. Would childcare be an option (I know our local community crèche have low cost options, as do some of the private ones: I paid €3 per day when I was on a CE scheme). Your maternity unit will have people either if you felt more comfortable with that. Pre natal depression is not at all uncommon but even at this late stage there is help available.

Please speak to a midwife in the hospital.You need to ask for help, even just a shoulder to cry on.

Abbieboo wrote: »
    Hi all
    I'm dreading this baby .

As others have said please talk to someone. You deserve better than feeling like this. 3 is also a notoriously difficult age. My 3 year old have been very difficult lately and even though I have lots of help I'm still worried about how I will manage once baby is here.

So our baby girl arrived on Friday morning after a very long induction! She’s a little dote.

Can’t wait to hear of all the other May Babies
    Best of luck to all x

So our baby girl arrived on Friday morning after a very long induction! She’s a little dote.

Can’t wait to hear of all the other May Babies
    Best of luck to all x

Huge congratulations. Hope you are recovering well

• Advertisement

Ah fantastic JD24! Long inductions are the pits, hope you are recovering well and she’s doing great :)

Advertisement