Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congratulations to the May babies and their parents :-) My own May baby is turning a year old this week, so this time last year is very much in my mind.Good luck to you all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Abbieboo - please talk to someone. They're there to help you and even just saying it out loud to someone can help relieve some of the burden.

JD24 - massive congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations JD24!! Had that experience myself first time round - it’s draining!

At my appointment on Monday the fluid levels around baby were too high so I’ve to have a repeat diabetes test tomorrow and if it’s positive they want to deliver on friday. It’s awful timing as my parents will still be on holidays so that’s our childcare for 4 year old :( I’m so stressed out

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Abbieboo

Thank you all for your replies.
    I feel unable to talk or express how I feel as I've a history with tusla regarding my eldest child
    Several yrs ago I had some mental health issues and addiction problems.
    I haven't touched a tablet in 4 yrs now.
    Nor do I feel tempted to do so.
    I'm afraid to talk as when I had my lil girl 3 yrs ago the health nurse stalked me for about 2 yrs.
    And I know if I say how I'm feeling alarm bells will go off left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Angel delight ask for help: if you were one of my friends id be there and I’d bet you would be too? It’s not ideal but if you have a plan it would help. My mum is having an op tomorrow so she’s out for the next week or so.

Abbieboo sometimes if you ask for help it’s easier than waiting until you need help? The family support services through Family Resource Centres might be less daunting. You can always request a different PHN too if you aren’t comfortable with the one you have.

I’m totally miserable vomiting all the time and the hypersalivation is back. I was up until 4 last night with non regular contractions but regular enough I couldn’t sleep. And my eyes keep going funny but no protein and blood pressure is fine. It’s exhausting. My 6 year old had scarlet fever at weekend and my 5 year old took a reaction to suncream and was up all night with hives and itching. I swear a newborn is so much easier than how I’m feeling right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Abbieboo

I'd just like to thank everyone.
    My baby came early and unexpected emergency section.
    And I love him.
    I feel totally different xx

Abbieboo wrote: »
    And I love him.

Congrats Abbieboo! Hope you are recovering well and both you and baba are doing great xx

Congratulations Abbieboo!

Hope everyone else is holding on ok... I passed the second diabetes test so section scheduled for Wednesday. My parents are home Tuesday evening so am hoping baby doesn’t decide to arrive before then and all will be fine!

They are going to see if I’m favourable Tuesday and if I am induce :) if not Tues week! I’m hanging on by a thread at this stage so fingers crossed....

Oh everything crossed for this Tuesday!! I’ve got to the point where the only way I’m not in constant severe pain from the pelvis and lower back is to lie down. I’m hoping it goes away with the spinal like last time and that’s the end of it! I feel like an 80 year old

• Advertisement

I can’t sit or stand or lie down or sleep I’m beyond everything at this stage. If I eat one meal a day I’m doing well: I’m just totally over it all now. Yesterday I thought I did really well: I had a chicken pitta and some chips. Didn’t eat the pitta just the filling :D and a magnum. My husband pointed out that wasn’t great! And I keep getting regular Braxton Hicks that go no where. Anyway look it’s nearly over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Abbieboo wrote: »
    And I love him.

Congratulations Abbieboo. Don't be afraid to seek help if you need it xx

Angeldelight and Cyning...ye both could have babies by the end of the week. Exciting!!

Honestly I can't believe I'm still pregnant. My youngest had arrived already at this stage so I think i convinced myself it would be the same. Also so uncomfortable. Tightenings are painful at this stage but nothing happening. Back with consultant on Wednesday.

So far today I’ve set up nappy changing unit, filled all the baskets with the muslins bibs etc, tidied my 2 girls bedrooms and most of their playroom (I might kill them if I have the energy when they get home!!) done all the laundry, got all the winter clothes ready for attic... if nesting is a sign I’m so ready for labour. Just must set up co sleeper and baby hug now later. Have car sorted with 3 car seats across the back and only had to buy one seat which was great.... must bring 6 year old to football match at 630. So I’m pretty sure I’m ready for this baby to come :D if only s/he would realise that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sillysuz

Our little baby arrived in the early hours of Sunday morn. Holles st was very busy must've been a full moon. We came home today on request. Good luck everyone, I'm so proud of myself :) and have huge admiration for my own mother x

Congrats Sillysuz! Babies everywhere at the moment :)

sillysuz wrote: »
    Our little baby arrived in the early hours of Sunday morn. Holles st was very busy must've been a full moon. We came home today on request. Good luck everyone, I'm so proud of myself :) and have huge admiration for my own mother x

Congratulations!

cyning wrote: »
    Congrats Sillysuz! Babies everywhere at the moment :)

Good luck today - hope things are favourable for induction!

Our little lady arrived this morning 11 days early. She's a beauty and we are smitten with her.

Best if luck Cyning today and Angeldelight for tomorrow

Nead21 wrote: »
    Our little lady arrived this morning 11 days early. She's a beauty and we are smitten with her.

Congratulations! That was a quick turn around from nothing happening :)

• Advertisement

Sure was. Waters broke shortly after 1 this morning. When contractions starred to ramp up it took less than 2 hours to go from 3cm to her being born.

Aw big congratulations :)

I’m not favourable so just have to hang on in there again :(

Oh no Cyning hopefully things change quickly for you

Oh no Cyning hopefully things change quickly for you

Ah I’m 2 cm dilated so maybe maybe not. The doc yest was convinced he would see me last night and I was there going I doubt it! Baby has to come out at some stage I guess!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah cyning I had a sweep at 41 weeks on my third last year...doc booked me in for an induction the following week but told the ward on the phone and me, that I would go myself.I was 1cm that day, and I barely felt him doing the sweep!!!
    I went that night ;-)
    You have my absolute sympathy right now!!

Oh I really hope it won’t be long... I’m sure given that you’re 2cm already and it’s not your first it’ll be quick when it does start!

Gorgeous baby girl born at 12.51 yesterday. Completely besotted with her! 8lb 14oz so very similar to her big sister and just so dotey. Sitting here impatiently waiting for midwife to bring her back to me after taking her to let me sleep. I couldn’t really sleep though I’m still on too much of a high!

Ah fantastic Angeldelight that’s brilliant news :) and a fine size baby too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Congrats all on the arrivals. Due date for me today. Doctor did sweep but said that while cervix is soft, it's not open. With the GD, they've booked me in for induction on Monday so should have a baby by next week! :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations Angeldelight fantastic news

Advertisement