Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mollieor

So sorry to hear that, thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sillysuz

Due 18th of May, excited and nervous. 2nd early scan tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Jumping on board, due 1st May.
    Baby No. 3 for us!
    Had first scan and all went well, it's great see the little one on the scan. Not told anyone yet but plan to in the next week or so!
    Hope everyone is well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Cautiously joining the thread. I'm 9 weeks and due end of May. I had a mc a few months ago so was nervously waiting an early scan in EPU. All is looking good so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Had our first scan yesterday. Measuring smaller than initial due date but then I was quite irregular before so nothing concerning. Updated due date is now 16th May. Other than that all seemed good and heartbeat was nice and strong. Might have cried a bit upon hearing that.

Have now started properly telling people. The 3d image the Coombe gave me is amazing! Couldn't believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Had 3rd scan today: 9+4, I had some strong cramping and bleeding but baba is hanging on in there, and everything looks like it should. Probably have muscles pulled from vomiting combined with everything else, but no idea with the bleeding. But that happens too... so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zecora

Hope everything is ok cyning. I'm sure it's scary.

I'm finally starting to feel a bit better, still sick in the evenings but ok with that if I can function during the day. Have been trying to organise an early scan but life is pretty hectic at the moment and keep cancelling. 11 weeks nitand anxious to get one sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sillysuz

Nead21 wrote:
    Cautiously joining the thread. I'm 9 weeks and due end of May. I had a mc a few months ago so was nervously waiting an early scan in EPU. All is looking good so fingers crossed.

In the same boat, once you have your scan and see everything is ok it'll put your mind at ease somewhat. Don't know if the worrying ever stops, I'm still constantly thinking I'm bleeding. Very strange sensation. The midwives in Epu are lovely, good luck x

sillysuz wrote: »
    In the same boat, once you have your scan and see everything is ok it'll put your mind at ease somewhat. Don't know if the worrying ever stops, I'm still constantly thinking I'm bleeding. Very strange sensation. The midwives in Epu are lovely, good luck x

Had the scan last week and everything is looking as it should. It has lessened the anxiety a bit but will be very relieved to reach 12 weeks.

I know exactly what you mean when you keep thinking you're bleeding. I was terrified every time I went to the loo. Even though I have had 2 pregnancies with absolutely no issues, experiencing a loss really takes the shine off the excitement. I'm afraid to get excited.

The midwives in the EPU are amazing. So kind and reassuring.

How is everyone doing?

I'm 11 weeks this weekend and I have a definite bump. I'm still not ready to tell people so I'm choosing clothes carefully. Still very sick in the evening time but starting to be able to eat a bit better.

• Advertisement

There is no hiding the fact I am pregnant. I’m huge. Didn’t show until around half way with either of my girls I’m really really big.... someone roared at me last weekend at 10 weeks when I was due. I was mortified! I also didn’t realise people *actually* did things that stupid :)

Ordered a load of stuff from Next last night! And in maternity jeans and leggings already: I still weigh about 8 pounds less than when I got pregnant.

I’m really excited about telling my 2 girls I think they will be excited. I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Definite bump here too! I’m just 11 weeks and don’t want to let people know until I have my second scan at 13 weeks so hoping the fact that I’m quite overweight will mean most people will presume it’s fat haha.

We have our nieces birthday party this afternoon and I still don’t know what I’m going to wear as nothing fits!

Still really sick and vomiting daily, roll on three more weeks and second trimester!

Also have a bit of a bump here but not sure if it’s baby bump or just my IBS flare up. We’ve told most as last the 12 week point so that’s fine.

Sickness is starting to ease off now thankfully. Had my booking in app with the hospital & the guy doing my bloods was amazing. I’m not great with needles & have developed a habit if almost fainting after bloods but he had it done so quick & gentle that I was fine 😊

Another huge bump here. Am 12 weeks and have my booking in appointment next week. Looking forward to being able to tell people. Wearing a lot of flouncy tops and scarves at the moment, also in maternity jeans.

Still feeling very nauseous and getting sick occasionally. Can't wait to start feeling better.

I’m hoping another month will see improvement in nausea etc. And hopefully get back to work. Getting back to work would be so good... maybe this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

My wife is over her nausea now. Into week 15. She's still getting hit with severe tiredness though. We've told everyone we want to tell now too, it's nice to be able to walk around out of secrecy. Also she's getting a noticeable bump now.

cyning wrote: »
    I’m hoping another month will see improvement in nausea etc. And hopefully get back to work. Getting back to work would be so good... maybe this week :)

Oh hope it eases off for you soon & you can get back to work for some normality.

Quick question - how do any of you deal with a slightly over worried other half? Anytime I mention feeling nauseous or unwell, my other half wants me to go to the doc despite me telling him repeatedly that it’s all par for the course. I appreciate he’s only looking out for us but it’s driving me mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

We had the 12-week scan today, and all was good. We saw a super active young person on the screen with all looking great.

But other half knows a number of people who have had a range of different issues around the world of [to use the correct term] chromosomal abnormalities - guess we know a lot of older parents - since we have toddler ourselves & are both over 40.

So I am a mix of sad and annoyed now, as I had next to no joy from seeing the waving and dancing baby this morning [where I should be jumping and cheering and a little bit of crying :D]. Alas, I am wrapped up in knots around the NIPT test we are sending off this week, and waiting a few weeks to come back...

Week 11 here and seems like my nausea is getting worse not better. Was hoping to start seeing improvements but with a 3 and 5 year old already, I'm struggling. Looking forward to 12 week scan next week.

Nead21 wrote: »
    Week 11 here and seems like my nausea is getting worse not better. Was hoping to start seeing improvements but with a 3 and 5 year old already, I'm struggling. Looking forward to 12 week scan next week.

This is exactly what happened to me - 11 weeks and I’m completely wiped out with vomiting, dry retching and heaving. Starting on Cariban today so hoping that gets me over the hump

• Advertisement

We had the 12-week scan today, and all was good. We saw a super active young person on the screen with all looking great.

But other half knows a number of people who have had a range of different issues around the world of [to use the correct term] chromosomal abnormalities - guess we know a lot of older parents - since we have toddler ourselves & are both over 40.

So I am a mix of sad and annoyed now, as I had next to no joy from seeing the waving and dancing baby this morning [where I should be jumping and cheering and a little bit of crying :D]. Alas, I am wrapped up in knots around the NIPT test we are sending off this week, and waiting a few weeks to come back...

Ah it’s so hard not to worry! It’s a shame it took the good out of today for you xx

This is exactly what happened to me - 11 weeks and I’m completely wiped out with vomiting, dry retching and heaving. Starting on Cariban today so hoping that gets me over the hump

I’m on Cariban (and Zofran) and am hoping to start Cyclizine and Zantac this week too. Nausea is a killer. I vomited blood in front of my 6 year old she was terrified... they keep following me into bathroom and rubbing my back and hair.

I have booking appt Fri so hoping it all goes ok. I don’t have the best experiences with it all so it makes me nervous. Just hoping I’m more listened to this time.

Bit of a scare late yesterday. Bleeding leading to better half spending night in the hospital.

Great care and a scan this morning showed all was great. They honestly said that it can never be clear what happened. So a few days with her legs up and a few crossed fingers and toes for another while :)

On the bright side, we got brilliant pictures [as we actually got none from dating scan] and saw the great detail of the dancing person on the screen. Makes us feel a bit better.

Glad to hear everything is okay Vaggabond. Hopefully no more drama for you.

Cyning you sound like you're having an awful time. With your previous pregnancies did it ease at all?

Angeldelight hope you start feeling better soon.

Got my flu vaccination this morning. My friend ended up in hospital last year with flu when she was pregnant. It was awful.

My first eased (and I mean eased not stopped) around 20 weeks but my last admission for fluids amongst other things was at 37 weeks.

My second I was breastfeeding do sickness didn’t get very bad until I stopped about 20 weeks.

I wasn’t given any meds at all on my first though.

Vaggabond delighted all is ok. Bleeding gives you such a fright.

I got flu injection last week: after the nightmare of last winter I was not risking it even though never got it before!

Stuff for NIPT test done at the hospital yesterday.

I am ginormously conflicted on the whole thing. But we have talked *a lot* about the whole thing and decided to get it done and act from there.

I did the NIPT test this week also. Will be very anxiously waiting for the results. I figured I'd rather know if there is a problem.

Had my booking in appointment this week as well so nice to start telling people and my nausea is starting to subside a bit.
    Hope everyone who is sick will start to feel better soon. It is so debilitating.

Hope everyone is feeling better or at least starting too!

I got the harmony test results this morning and all is good. An very relieved!

Our bleed last week does indeed seem to be a subchronic haematoma - a fancy word for an unwanted small sac of blood. One of those things that is either nothing and will vanish or comes with a range of risk factors.

So we have weekly scans now for the next while, to keep an eye on it. It would be boring if it all went to plan :D

BTW - Una Mullally [spelling?] shared this on twitter, ring any bells to anyone :D

• Advertisement

Great news Zecora! Did you find out the gender?

Vaggabond fingers crossed it’s harmless, good to know they’re monitoring things carefully anyway.

I’m feeling a bit better on the Cariban, still a bit sick but miles better than I was. Back in the hospital for my second scan on Friday, counting down the hours

Advertisement