Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zecora

Angeldelight - yes, a girl! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Vaggabond- hopefully all will be ok. Reassuring to get the extra scans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Zecora wrote: »
    Angeldelight - yes, a girl! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Vaggabond- hopefully all will be ok. Reassuring to get the extra scans though.

Ah lovely team pink!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

12 week scan with consultant this morning. Thankfully everything is looking as it should and measuring 13 weeks. Back again in 4 weeks.

Do relieved to be at this stage now and I'm starting to relax at it now. Belly belt has also made a return for my trousers ðŸ˜

Nead21 wrote: »
    12 week scan with consultant this morning. Thankfully everything is looking as it should and measuring 13 weeks. Back again in 4 weeks.

Do relieved to be at this stage now and I'm starting to relax at it now. Belly belt has also made a return for my trousers ðŸ˜

Great milestone - you can relax a little bit now! Have a scan on Friday and I’ll be 13 weeks, I’m just itching for it now

Yeah the closer you get the harder it is to wait!

• Advertisement

All was well at the scan on Friday, baba measuring as they should so we’ve told everyone else now. It’s starting to feel real!

I could really do with this Hyperemesis not lasting the whole time though, I feel like I’m cracking up. Even on the Cariban I need to be lying down the majority of the time to feel half decent and feeling so guilty that I’m spending zero time with 3.5yo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I Was away traveling with work so I missed the first trip with my wife to our consultant. They did another scan and couldn't grab a proper picture as the baby was so active. I wish I was there to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hyperemesis is miserable.... I’m beyond over it. There’s a book you can get for kids explaining it on spewing mammy I think: we just read There’s a House inside my mammy alot. My 4.5 year old has decided she does not want a baby and I can send it back.... doesn’t work that way I’m afraid!

We have that book here. Got it for my eldest when my youngest was on the way. They still take it out now and again. Will be taking it out again in a while. I haven't told them anything yet mainly because we don't want the world knowing I'm pregnant just yet.

Because I’m so sick it was easier to tell them rather than risk someone else doing it! The 6 year old cried she was so happy, just the 4.5 year old is not impressed. They are both obsessed with my belly at the moment and relish in telling me how big it is. She has plenty of time to get used to it, and she is happy about the fact baby brings a present!

They wouldn’t give me a pic at my 12 week scan because I already had one from an early scan. I was so irritated: like when you are so sick and miserable at least it’s nice to have the scan pics to look at.

• Advertisement

That’s so scabby it would have taken them half a second to print a photo!

In the Coombe tonight admitted for IV fluids and more anti-emetics hoping they do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

God cyning that's a bit crap they wouldn't give you a print out! Little mean.

angeldelight - oh hopefully they help and you're not in too long.

And hopefully the sickness eases off for everyone. I feel quite lucky that mine's doing ok - still getting a bit nauseous. And (sorry if TMI) but the constipation is driving me mad. I've IBS and that was always the way it went for me so has doubled. Asked the pharmacist about Fybogel and apparently they changed the wording from "safe in pregnancy and breastfeeding" to "can be used..." so she told me I could take a sachet if I really needed it but to check with my doctor really to be sure before taking it continuously. Need to make an app but my GP do scans so might try to get a sneaky one too while I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sillysuz

Anyone any tips for helping constipation, really don't want to take a laxative.. drinking loads of water and eating lots of healthy food but to no avail. Have doc appointment made for Monday

sillysuz wrote: »
    Anyone any tips for helping constipation, really don't want to take a laxative.. drinking loads of water and eating lots of healthy food but to no avail. Have doc appointment made for Monday

Pure orange juice can help, porridge, fresh fruit and veg, little bit of gentle walking or swimming... also making sure when you go to the toilet you’re in the optimum position so feet raised off the floor on a little step or something so your knees are higher than the toilet seat

Was with my GP this morning & he told me that fybogel is fairly ok to take but to not necessarily take it every day but every couple of days. Gave me a script for it too. Hoping that helps me. Might be worth asking about. It’s not like other laxatives I've found - more keeps things regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sleepily

I've found Bran Flakes to be great. I find them a complete chore to eat but the past few weeks I've been eating one bowl a day (sometimes two if i get hungry before bed) and it's working really well for me. I was struggling with constipation a few weeks back and wanted to try some dietary things first because I knew I hadn't been eating well because of the nausea.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Hi everybody & congratulations all round. I hope you don't mind if I ride (pardon the expression) shotgun on this thread. My first grandchild is due May 15, and the parents to be are not in Ireland, so I'm missing all the day to day chat I would have been getting if they lived local. Thanks

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

How’s everyone getting on?

cyning wrote: »

Doing good thankfully. Had my first consultant app last week. Being sent for the glucose test in Feb due to family history but thankfully my bloods are all looking good so more precaution. Also got to see little one on the screen which was lovely. Moving around & measuring right on size for the hospital dates.

How are you getting on? Has the sickness eased for you at all?

I’m doing GTT first week of March. I absolutely hate it... I’m nervous about it because I’ve gained weight since my last 2 girls and we have such a family history of it! And at same time will be fine no matter what. I had another scan last week and the lovely midwife gave me pics this time including one of babas little hand reaching out. Was so delighted. Still sick, still puking all the time.... I’m really hoping it stops by the 20 week mark.

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »

My wife is going through anothe bout of exhausting tiredness. 5 months today :eek:
    Where did that time go?

cyning I haven't done it before but not looking forward to the fasting - I get hangry so that should be interesting. Least they've given me my next consultant app and my anti-D injection the same day so I'm not trekking in and out to the hospital multiple times.
    Hopefully yours is all clear.
    Aww that's lovely! And glad you got the pics. Oh fingers crossed it does stop by then for you.

evil_seed - tell me about it! I don't know where the last few weeks have gone at all! Is she taking anything for the tiredness? I got put on a low dose iron supplement to help with my tiredness and the difference after 2 days was amazing! Couldn't believe it.

I was feeling great coming up to the weekend so reduced my anti-sickness meds and had a terrible weekend of it so back up on them now!

12 days to next scan, I’ll be 17+3 hoping to find out gender :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys, anyone else starting to struggle to fit into jeans etc comfortably? I feel a bit silly buying maternity clothes at the mo as I'm not really that big being only 16 weeks it's more my shape has changed. Are you guys buying maternity clothes yet? X

Hi guys, anyone else starting to struggle to fit into jeans etc comfortably? I feel a bit silly buying maternity clothes at the mo as I'm not really that big being only 16 weeks it's more my shape has changed. Are you guys buying maternity clothes yet? X

I’m in maternity clothes since about seven weeks! This is my second pregnancy though so everything just popped!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Hi all. I'm 19 weeks now and Def in maternity clothes - 3rd baby here and showing so much quicker than with my other two!

I haven't bought any maternity clothes just yet but I defo can't wear my work trousers anymore. I'm just wearing dresses as I haven't been bothered buying maternity trousers just yet! I've gone up a size in tights to accommodate bump a bit more and that's working well for me and much cheaper than maternity tights! I'm 17 weeks now. Going to go through some of my clothes at the weekend as there's defo ones I can't wear at the moment so will put them away. My jeans are doing good as they're really stretchy. I've always gotten bad bloating so had to have them a little loose for that and it's serving me well now. :)

17 weeks as well and I've embraced maternity jeans. 3rd baby for me so I'm surprised I've gotta away without them for so long.

Appointment with the consultant on Wednesday so really looking forward to seeing how everything is going.

I've also turned a corner with sickness and energy levels. Eating more varied diet again now thankfully and not as floored with tiredness. I've also started feeling little flutters which is really exciting.

3rd baby here and am huge. Actually huge. To the point the next person to ask me if it’s twins is getting something thrown at them: I’m 16 weeks. I’m now 5 pounds off my pre pregnancy weight so that’s probably part of it. Anyway I’m embracing maternity clothes this time: I got a fab jacket from Asda with a panel that zips out. Any top I’m getting I’m trying to get so I can wear when I’m feeding afterwards. I bought leggings when Lidl had them early on, and pjs too. I’m going to wait until sales now to buy anything else. I got a lovely red dress from next for my Xmas party and will probably wear it to a wedding I have too.... I’m wearing a lot of dresses and leggings for work. Main problem I have is my calves and feet are swollen and can’t wear my boots!

• Advertisement

Hard to beat H&M for the maternity clothes

Advertisement