Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Oh Cyning definitely make sure there's a boost function on the TENS machine you buy. Found it really useful during my first labour....there was no time for anything in my second!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Nead21 wrote: »
    Anomaly scan went great. Measuring 14oz with long legs! Delighted to have it over with. Back with consultant now next month.

Need to sort out the spare room now for the baby. My boys share a room so the spare room has been a kinda dumping room since we moved in 3 years ago. Feels like a mammoth task!

We just started ours today - stuff everywhere! It was also our dumping ground, couldn’t even get the door open fully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I borrowed one on my second and it was great: I’m hoping not to have epidural again this time much easier recovery than first time round. That said I absolutely needed it on my first but my preference is not to! Really looking forward to anamoly scan: they weren’t available in my hosp on first two. Both mine have innocent heart murmurs too so it’s nice to be able to check everything is ok.

Went looking at baby stuff the last day: got slightly excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Nead21 - glad the scan went well.

We've to move some furniture for the baby room (having only just moved in and gotten rooms settled before finding out, it's all back up in the air). I started the clear out of where everything from that room will move to over the weekend. Wrecked after it but should be able to move the furniture next weekend. That way we'll have somewhere to put all the baby stuff we have and get a bit more sorted.

Has anyone seen any nice gender neutral babygrows anywhere btw? We're not finding out but finding it hard to find nice ones. Just want to get a few in a couple of diff sizes.

Witchgirl how about any of the organic cotton stuff? The likes of maxamorra, Frugi, Toby Tiger: have a look at the likes of rainbow kids boutique. They can be expensive but nice as first few outfits.

Otherwise boots, the Little Bird range in Mothercare or TK Maxx can do a nice few bits. I love colourful neutrals as opposed to beige neutrals though!

• Advertisement

Jojo maman bebe has a few neutrals - not the cheapest either. Next had some nice ones last time I was in

cyning & angeldelight - thanks so much for the ideas! Will have a look at them. I think half the problem at the moment is the sales stock is still out and not the new stock so a lot of sizes are missing. Anything I've liked has been in the 6-9months age range!

Yes the new season stuff isn’t in yet. Asda have some lovely bits including a Hogwarts baby grow!

I had anamoly scan today, saw physio and spent day in a&e for fluids. I have an anterior placenta again which is a pain in the neck, I have a belt to wear and exercises to do for physiology and they’ve changed my hyperemesis meds. So hopefully that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Our anomaly scan this week went perfectly, Huge relief.
    As an aside- anyone else here going to be a first time parent?
    Also We both turned 40 this year and we’re going to our first ante natal class on Saturday- hope we’re not the oldies in the corner!

mark_jmc wrote: »
    Our anomaly scan this week went perfectly, Huge relief.
    As an aside- anyone else here going to be a first time parent?

Glad scan went well.

Yep first time parent here. Equal parts terrified & excited!

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Yes the new season stuff isn’t in yet. Asda have some lovely bits including a Hogwarts baby grow!

I had anamoly scan today, saw physio and spent day in a&e for fluids. I have an anterior placenta again which is a pain in the neck, I have a belt to wear and exercises to do for physiology and they’ve changed my hyperemesis meds. So hopefully that might help.

Oh must have a look. Am up in Belfast for work in March & it’s right beside a massive Asda.

Hope scan went ok. Jaysus you’ve been through the wars but hopefully it all helps.

Felt proper kicks on a continuous basis for the first time last night! It was amazing! Didn't care that it was 1am just stayed awake enjoying it. Himself was even able to feel them a little with his had on my belly. Another level of "flip this is real"!!

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Ah the kicks are lovely! I still have to be lying down and I get movement rather than kicks yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I have to say feeling the kicks is unreal. There's no other way to describe it. Our baby is getting super active now, to the point that my wife is having trouble sleeping because it's break dancing during the night.
    What are the mums to be doing for unwanted blockages? My wife is trying prune juice now

evil_seed wrote: »
    What are the mums to be doing for unwanted blockages? My wife is trying prune juice now

Oh god fair play to her! There's no way I could drink that. I've been finding eating lots of fruit has been helping. I also got some Fybogel which helps keep things regular. It used to say "safe for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers" on it but now says to check with GP. I checked with mine and he was happy for me to take one sachet every 2/3 days as the ingredients haven't changed at all. It helps regulate things (used to be on it for my IBS). Might be worth looking at.

I’m loving the kicks too - had an anterior placenta last time so didn’t feel things until much later on but been having consistent movement since 18/19 weeks and it’s fab.

Got my whooping cough vaccine this morning hope it doesn’t send me down the rabbit hole of sickness again as I’ve been a bit better the past week

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sleepily

Bran flakes all the way for me - I'm truly converted :D

Has anyone been looking into buggies yet and if so have you found any good websites to look at? I pretty much know what I want but the prices seem to be the same on all UK and IE websites. Don't want to miss a bargain though if anyone can recommend some good sites to check!

angeldelight - worst I had with the whooping cough vaccine was a bit of a dead arm. I was battling a bad cold at the time and it didn't affect it (got worse a couple of weeks later but nothing to do with that!).

sleepily - we've ordered ours with Mothercare. Went for the Uppababy Vista. Mothercare will price match so I did a look around. Cheapest I found it was some crowd down in Kerry (we're in Dublin) that was €25 cheaper so printed it out and Mothercare matched the price to that one no problem. There was very little price difference other than that around any of the UK or IE places. if you go onto pricespy.ie you can look up things and it will show you where they're available and the price. Just be sure to check what it actually is - one of the buggies we looked at seemed a lot cheaper on that (€750 in one place versus about €900 everywhere else) and it turned out the €750 didn't come with the bassinet whereas the others did so wasn't a true comparison.

We have an uppababy vista from last time - love it! It’s big and bulky but so easy to manoeuvre. Our hall is wide enough at the door to keep it there so it’s grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Good choice with the Vista. I'm looking forward to getting the bassinet out for it again. It's so snug and cosy.

Need to book the whopping cough vaccine. Keep putting it off mostly cause I had having to go to the gp :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 sleepily

Thanks witchgirl26 & angeldelight - it's the Vista I want too so that's really helpful. It's PROBABLY more than I actually need but I like the idea of it being able to convert to a double if another comes along in the next couple of years.

I also like the idea of being able to take a stroller on the bus though so not sure how it will fare there? I'm Dublin based too and don't have a full driving license. It's on the to-do list but I get very bad test anxiety and have failed twice so can't bank on it in the short term :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

We have an uppababy vista from last time - love it! It’s big and bulky but so easy to manoeuvre. Our hall is wide enough at the door to keep it there so it’s grand

this is what we've ordered. We were going with the Cruz 1st but then that's not expandable and we might want an expandable one

sleepily - this is the website that had the vista the cheapest (with the bassinet) https://donaghybros.ie/pram-centre/uppababy/uppababy-vista-jordan-toddler-seat-carrycot-black-grey-melange-fabric.html?googleshopping=1&utm_medium=cpc#fo_c=1885&fo_k=8a3177963c4d2a88ac95647480645fbb&fo_s=prcspyie

I'm not sure about it on the bus as despite living in Dublin, our service isn't the best so don't use it a huge amount. Just on the car test - I get very nervous in test situations and failed mine 3 times before passing so don't give up!

My cold is now back having gone away for a bit. Just annoying more than anything. Have next GP app on Thursday though so looking forward to seeing little one on the mini scan my GP does now. :)

We’ve brought the uppababy on DB before and it was grand but we get on at start of route usually so it was ok. If you had to fold it you’d be in trouble as it doesn’t fold down into one piece

17 weeks left! People are having babies all around me: there were 3 other people in my (very young) estate pregnant and they’ve all had girls. Then one of my friends had a boy this week. One of the babas was almost 10’pounds.... didn’t put the fear of god in me at all!

Someone I knew with a due date of 28th April had their baby this week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mollieor

Someone I knew with a due date of 28th April had their baby this week :eek:

No way 😲 was the baby ok? this is after putting the fear of God in me now to go pack my hospital bag!

Doing well apparently, just on the small side of course so will be in hospital for a while! It has definitely got me thinking!!

That’s the worst when you are pregnant hearing things like that... hope baba is doing ok. It’s not easy when they come early.

• Advertisement

I know a few people who have gone very early. It does make me wonder a little but then all of them are ok now (one is thriving 7 year old having been born 3.5 months early, the other a bouncing 2 year old that you'd never know was 2 months early) and can't be changed so I'll just go with whatever. I did love my friend who had her's 3.5 months early as it was her first and her exact words to the midwife were "but I can't have her yet - I haven't read that far ahead in my baby book!" Lol.

angeldelight - glad baby is doing well.

As for big ones - one guy in work's wife had a 12lb-er last year! That put the fear in me! But then both parents there are tall and we're both short-arses in comparison so fingers crossed!

For those who are on their second or subsequent, can I ask a question about changing? I'd always planned to have the main changing table upstairs in the baby's room with a box of wipes, babygrows, nappies and a mat downstairs for the first couple of months. Himself now wants to put a proper changing table in downstairs as he's talked to a few people and is convinced we won't be changing the baby for at least a year upstairs. Anyone's opinions on this?

Advertisement