Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in May 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

The ones with the feet: so beyond handy! Team with a cute vest and a little Cardi if it gets a bit cool... great for changing nappies and summer babies!

I have GTT tomorrow week: I can take my hyperemesis meds so hopefully will be ok. 3rd trimester tomorrow :) I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Thanks angeldelight & cyning! Must pop into H&M and have a look!

No call today (so far lol). They did say that they might ring in the morning either so fingers firmly crossed!!

Oh that’s good you can take the meds. I was sure I’d faint (developed a habit of that before pregnancy) but I was actually ok. And the drink wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. Thankfully wasn’t fizzy but just tasted like really undiluted Mi-Wadi!

And Tk maxx if you have one! We have no h&m close by Limerick is closest but might get up there soon :)

I needed a blood gas test last week so after that blood tests are fine (second and hopefully last blood gas of my life). If you get sick during GTT it has to be repeated :(

I really really must start buying things... I’m very bad! I haven’t as much as a nappy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I think I've actually forgotten everything from the last 2 times. We started to decorate the spare room but apart from that I've nothing else prepared. Also feel like there's loads of time left but also it's really close. Need to get a move on but my god the tiredness is real!

Got the phonecall this morning - I've gestational diabetes. Luckily it was only 1 of the 3 tests that had a spike, other 2 were normal, so might be able to diet/exercise control. Fingers crossed. Bye bye sweets and chocolate though.

cyning wrote: »
    And Tk maxx if you have one! We have no h&m close by Limerick is closest but might get up there soon :)

I needed a blood gas test last week so after that blood tests are fine (second and hopefully last blood gas of my life). If you get sick during GTT it has to be repeated :(

I really really must start buying things... I’m very bad! I haven’t as much as a nappy!

H&M online ordering is really good if you want that as an option. Just got some maternity wear this week. Ordered on Tuesday and was delivered on Thursday. Free when order is over €60 and was only €2.99 otherwise so not too bad. That said bringing back one of the tops as there is no way in hell it is a size M! More like an XS!!

Oh on nappies - Dunnes are doing 3 for €25 on the jumbo packs of Pampers. It's better than the Supervalu or Boots offers of 2 for €18. Just bought some there this morning.
    Nead21 wrote: »
    I think I've actually forgotten everything from the last 2 times. We started to decorate the spare room but apart from that I've nothing else prepared. Also feel like there's loads of time left but also it's really close. Need to get a move on but my god the tiredness is real!

I keep saying to himself "sure we've 3 months left" and he reminds me how quick the last 3 have gone lol. Ah we've a changing matt and nappies so figure it'll be grand. Tiredness is a killer. I've really had to wind down what I'm trying to do each evening in the past week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Mothercare stock those baby trousers too, but not all year, seems to be random.H&M seem to have them more, and they do them in a two pack selelction usually :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ah crap about the GD - hopefully the sugars behave themselves now with the diet

I think the only thing we have to get is nappies and a cot mattress... we have clothes, wipes and a Moses basket, bouncer and bottles so we should be ok for the first week anyway!

Ah crap to the GD. No fun at all.

I lost 2 pounds in the last 4 weeks.... had gp today lovely strong heart beat though!

I need a list I think: clothes, nappies, muslin clothes, wipes, nappy bin, bath, baby hug yoke, nappy cream, Vaseline, cotton wool, all the crap for a hosp bag, present for the girls from the baby.... or may just ignore it for another few weeks ;)

Oh forgot about present for 3yo, better not leave that one out

Baby is going to bring a trampoline I think!

I also need like night dresses for me all my bits etc.

I’m beyond disorganized.

Has anyone decided on names?

• Advertisement

My daughter would LOVE a trampoline... husband not keen and I can see why but it would make her year - nice pressie :)

Yep we have our name chosen. It was top of my list and hubby agreed so I'm super excited. It turns out the nickname our new nephew is being called is almost identical to the name but I've decided I don't care and we're going with it anyway, feck them :o

Mine will be 5&just 7, didn’t want to get one before now: they are old enough to understand rules and I don’t let kids from neighbourhood out the back!!

This baby will be born with no name at this rate! I might call it Cookie Dough with the amount of ice cream I’m eating ;)

Thanks all. They're obviously not too worried about me as I couldn't make the info morning this week so they're happy to let me go until Thursday week before that and just keep an eye on cutting main sugars out of my diet.

We have a boys name (and a spare just in case!) but haven't had that same moment with a girls name yet so we're stuffed if it's a girl! Need to come up with some options at least.

Need to start getting my bag ready - my sister gave me a load of ideas for it and what she found she did/didn't use at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

GD diagnosed here too. Diet controlled, on week 3 now. It's not bad and I find I don't miss sweet things much but I'm finding the lack of feedback & support from rotunda extremely frustrating. Go in for bloods, no phone calls with results, just a letter in the post with another appointment. No guidance or help if your on the wrong track. I'll be having words today!

I'm semi-organised. I've been picking up bits & pieces in the weekly shop. Dunnes have boxes of water wipes for €18.

Going to start getting bag ready as I'm 31 weeks today. Only starting to look at double buggy/pram this weekend.

Hope everyone is well 😊

Single digit countdown is exciting! 28 weeks tomorrow and have the GD test, hoping I manage to keep the stuff down long enough to do it!

Bought the maternity pads and it’s all starting to feel real haha

I'm starting to panic now. Ye all seem way more organised. I have 1 new babygrow and a name...but only if It's a girl! We are screwed if it's another boy. We can't agree on any name and it took us ages to decide on my youngest son's name. As for hospital bag I haven't even thought about it.

Anyone else constantly out of breath? I don't remember it being this bad on the last 2. I'm out of breath just sitting on the couch. Also the Braxton hicks are knocking the wind out of me lately as well. Sorry for the moan!

Nead the breathlessness and Braxton-Hicks are way worse this time around. I’m assuming it’s because it’s the 3rd time round. Maybe that’s why I have nothing bought or organised I don’t even have 1 babygrow. I need to work this weekend and small ladies birthday next weekend so maybe weekend after that!

JD24 - oh boo to another GD. I haven't started my diet yet - was meant to be in today for the talk in the Coombe but I'm in the UK for work & they were happy to let me go another week. That's really frustrating that you're not getting feedback from them.

angeldelight - hope the GD test today goes ok!

Nead21 - I'm organised mainly as it stops me panicing! First time parents so we need to get everything....or well we thought we did but turns out we have great siblings for passing on things! I've gotten a shed load of extra bottles (hoping to breastfeed but also pump and if not bottles it is), a really good breast pump that's been used about 6 times in total, containers for food when start weaning, tens machine, toys etc! Not to mention some maternity clothes from my sis-in-law!

Plus I now have an excuse to buy all the cute babygrows I want lol!

Don't apologise! I haven't gotten Braxton Hicks yet (thankfully!) but have been quite breathless. I've taken my inhalers a couple of times.

cyning - oh hope work goes well this week and the birthday next weekend. Busy out!

We've our antenatal class this weekend. Both nervous and excited about it.

Flipping wrecked today. Over in UK for work and stayed in hotel last night. Just could not get comfortable. Missed both himself and my maternity pillow (possibly missed the pillow more!). Looking forward to my lie-in on Sunday now.

No gestational diabetes for me thankfully! It felt like the Coombe were pranking me though as they rang me Friday evening and this morning to re-confirm a scan appointment for tomorrow and both times I thought it was the call of doom! I really struggled not to throw up the glucose drink but the midwife was lovely and let me lie down, otherwise I was gone!

That's brill news angeldelight! Lol that is a bit mean of them to be ringing when you're waiting for the dreaded phonecall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Had another scan, baby apparently is weighing in at 2kg now. Which is slightly above average. My wife has started to get the beginning of the hospital and baby bag ready. What are you all putting in these?

No GD for me either :) yay! I shivered and shook my way through it i slept for 3 hours after it.

I finally bought stuff today: a babygrow, water wipes, a pack of nappies and a nightdress for me. Multi mam compresses (cut in half they are expensive) but amazing.

My labour bag will have 2 nightdresses, 2 pj bottoms, 2 outfits for baby in ziplock bags (hats, vest, babygrow, cardi), some nappies, TENS machine, maternity pads, jersey hair band, spray water, baby wipes for me, lip balm, toiletries, 2 pairs of slippers, light dressing gown, mini speaker, charger, power bank, tablet, headphones and my kindle (2 inductions in, labour is not always quick!). Snacks. Spare T-shirt for dad too! I’ll carry a v shaped pillow!

Hosp bag more light pjs with easy boob access, more baby clothes, more nappies, cotton wool, Vaseline, multi mam compresses, soothers. Outfit for going home and pick shoes wisely I swelled up massively on my first and my feet wouldn’t fit in my shoes!

I've been trying to remember what I had in the bags the last time!! Usually the hospital give a list of things to bring.

Definitely lansinoh cream if planning on breastfeeding and disposable knickers are very handy for the first couple of days.

And tubs of generic lanolin are a quarter of the price of lansinoh. I preferred the compresses last time round they were so soothing but then she had a tongue tie so I was in bits. I bought cheap Penney’s knickers rather than disposable too. I just know last time my waters broke on my slippers hence 2 pairs! A

cyning - yay for no GD for you!

evil_seed - we got a good list at the antenatal class that we were at last Saturday. A lot of what cyning has said was on it but there were some extra bits. Things like your own pillowcase for the stay in hospital (apparently can be quite comforting). I'm going to go by the list they gave along with some suggestions from my sis and friend. Hoping to pack most of it this weekend.

I’m bringing my own pillow too - found it really helped me sleep when I was admitted before Christmas, a lot softer than the hospital ones

Actually quick question on pillows - how many do you get in the hospital? Know it sounds odd but I've reflux so have to have my head elevated in sleep so always have 2. Just something I thought of there.

Actually quick question on pillows - how many do you get in the hospital? Know it sounds odd but I've reflux so have to have my head elevated in sleep so always have 2. Just something I thought of there.

They usually have two but they’ll get you an extra one if you ask

After one memorable night where they couldn’t find me any pillow I take nothing for granted!

I got crutches today for the PGP. And have leg splint things to try out at night: my calves are cramping big time and it’s so painful.

I REALLY do not enjoy pregnancy!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I was told they couldn't give extra pillows when I asked....really annoying.
    However the head of the bed tilts up so you should be ok if you need to be to be upright a bit.I always wanted an extra one just for more support when breastfeeding.

Advertisement