Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural report 2nd hand house

Options
  • 04-09-2018 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi myself and the OH are looking for an engineer to do a structural report for us on a 2nd hand house we want to buy (galway area) just trying to get a feel for prices would I be right in saying that 480 euro would be the right price for this or would there be cheaper options.
    Understand its important to get done but around 500 euro seems a bit steep.

Any help would be greatful or recommendations.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I recently got 5-6 quotations for a three bed semi-d in Dublin. With VAT included they all largely fell in to the €325-€375 bracket.

Size of the house may have an impact, how big is the house you are looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Honestfrank01

It's 4bed semi D it's on a road so not massive land with it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

More rooms means more work basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Honestfrank01

I guess so I'll ring a few more tomorrow and see what's the story. Just had a figure of 350 euro in my head but maybe I just need to fork out a little more 😂

Advertisement