Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless not working on newly issued Visa Debit card

Options
  • 04-09-2018 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭

As above, I got a new VD card in the post recently and the contactless doesn’t work. I’ve tried numerous times in numerous different shops, etc. I rang customer care yesterday evening only to be told to try again as there’s no reason it shouldn’t be working. Well I have and it doesn’t...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 judebrad

L'prof wrote: »
    As above, I got a new VD card in the post recently and the contactless doesn’t work. I’ve tried numerous times in numerous different shops, etc. I rang customer care yesterday evening only to be told to try again as there’s no reason it shouldn’t be working. Well I have and it doesn’t...

Did you try once with the PIN to actuvate the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

judebrad wrote: »
    Did you try once with the PIN to actuvate the card?

How do you mean? I activated the card at an atm and the card works in atms and chip and pin machines. No contactless though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Once you've used the card to withdraw money from an ATM it should be fully active so you can use the contact-less function. As you've done this can I just confirm with you that the new card you received does has the contact-less symbol on it?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hi there,

Once you've used the card to withdraw money from an ATM it should be fully active so you can use the contact-less function. As you've done this can I just confirm with you that the new card you received does has the contact-less symbol on it?

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Yep. Card has the contact-less symbol on it. Is there anything that can e done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Request a new one. Highlight your issue raised on this channel and request the fee to be waived. It is obviously physically defective and no online/ phone support can fix this.

I got a replacement last month in 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi there,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Yep. Card has the contact-less symbol on it. Is there anything that can e done?
    Thanks for getting back to us. In this case I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to check on your card and if needs be order a new card for you.

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

Advertisement