Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC++ railway help needed

Options
  • 04-09-2018 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to build a layout using DCC++ JMRI running on a raspberry pi through an arduino uno and motor shield as per the YouTube videos. At present I only have one Hornby loco with an R8249 decoder. If I try to identify the chip or request it's details to add it to a roster, JMRI gives an error saying the loco is not acknowledging. The loco jumps a few times so is obviously getting something but that's about it. It does not react to any throttle commands.
    As a total noob to all this, I'm really out of my depth. I get the feeling it is something ridiculously simple that I'm missing. Has anyone come across this kind of thing? Many hours on uncle Google has turned up nothing.
    TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

First off, I currently run an analogue Graham Farish / Bachmann railway. I also own 8 Raspberry Pi computers, from the original B with 256MB ram right up to the Pi 3.

why not visit radionics Ireland here

Now, you might have expected me to tell you to go to the Raspberry Pi forums on places like Raspberry Pi org, but as time goes on, such places seem to focus on a younger audience aiming at 14 year old average age.

Also, have a good mooch around Facebook, seriously.

Advertisement