Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM athlone

Options
  • 04-09-2018 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a reoccurring problem with the atm on church street in Athlone in regards to the lodging cheques and cash at weekends, in the last 2 months the lodgement section has been unavailable for about 6 weekends out of 8, just wondering is this going to be an ongoing thing and also if there is another way to lodge cheques ie post to branch etc, I’m unable to go to the bank weekdays due to work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

There seems to be a reoccurring problem with the atm on church street in Athlone in regards to the lodging cheques and cash at weekends, in the last 2 months the lodgement section has been unavailable for about 6 weekends out of 8, just wondering is this going to be an ongoing thing and also if there is another way to lodge cheques ie post to branch etc, I’m unable to go to the bank weekdays due to work

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here through Boards.ie.

I'll certainly raise this with the branch and our ATM team straight away. 
    Just to confirm that sometimes if a lodgement is done incorrectly and can't be processed by the ATM it can cause this function to be shut down until the machine is manually checked and rectified. I will however raise this as I said above to see if anything further can be done in future to prevent this from happening. 
    You can of course post a cheque into your branch to be lodged. We'd just ask that you included a cover letter confirming the account details that you would like the cheque lodged to.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Thanks for your reply

Have to bring this back up again as recently this has been happening a lot lately to the point of I’m wondering if lodgements are being turned off on purpose, 3 times in 3 weeks the lodgement service outside the BOI hasn’t been available, now the reason I was given was that sometimes people lodge cheques with staples still in them etc. which is fair enough but today I went half an hour after the banks doors were closed and the lodgement device was unavailable,
    The service needs to be improved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Have to bring this back up again as recently this has been happening a lot lately to the point of I’m wondering if lodgements are being turned off on purpose, 3 times in 3 weeks the lodgement service outside the BOI hasn’t been available, now the reason I was given was that sometimes people lodge cheques with staples still in them etc. which is fair enough but today I went half an hour after the banks doors were closed and the lodgement device was unavailable,
    The service needs to be improved

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again on this.

We are really sorry to hear that this service hasn’t improved and would like to apologise for this.

Please be assured that we will raise your concern today with the Branch and our ATM servicing team to have this checked immediately. We do appreciate that this is the second time you have brought this to our attention so this matter will be addressed with urgency.

Thank you again for your message and have a nice day.

John

Thank you, the service has been perfect since this post

• Advertisement
Advertisement