Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CBB Punchgate, Why is she the most Hated woman in Britain?

• 04-09-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Why is she the most hated person in Britain? She hasn’t murdered anyone, and we often hear of these false allegations by women against men.

The real problem is that these cases of false allegations don’t play out on TV as obviously as this. She’s being punished not because she made a false allegation but she stupidly did it on TV where she was caught thus raising questions among men about how precarious their position is in society today.

A woman can take away a man’s freedom with a false allegation even worse she can destroy his reputation.
    Women instinctively don’t want scrutiny of this so they desperately want to appear to remedy this controversy by punishing her.
    Their way of dealing with this injustice is to make a show of her as if she is the problem rather than their victim power.

Surely if you give any group in society great power like this it’s natural to abuse it so the real problem is that the western value system holds crimes against women are ten times more serious than those against men rather the clumsy action of ONE foolish woman anyway.

And of course part of their strategy is to placate a man who is so openly wronged so I guess we know who CBB’s winner is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

She is only sorry she got caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Glacia

893bet wrote: »
    She is only sorry she got caught.

Yea I agree her apology was hilarious she was apologising to everyone to the accused, his family, friends his fans and every single person that watched that. How do you "apologise massively"?

However I'm raising a deeper question.
    What about all these women talking about how terrible it was for Ryan are they only upset as she was caught as well? Are they only sorry it played out so blatantly on TV a woman clearly abusing the victim power she has. Are they more worried that it raises questions in men's minds about women's victim power.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

From what I've gathered - and TBH it's not a lot as I'd rather have a back tooth pulled without anaesthetic. Via my arse, than watch that ****e* - but it seems this "celeb" faked some other "celeb" punching her and she was caught out for her crocodile tears lying. Silly cow was on 24 hour multi camera video, so also clearly proud to be a brain donor.

My impression(puts on Sigmund freud hat) from watching bits of her on youtube is that she reminds me of some people with some personality disorders. Which are often horrible people to be around(I went out one in the past.*). Manipulative, dangerous and narcissistic and the only truth is the one they believe. Being caught out on camera would cause a cognitive dissonance meltdown.

I also read somewhere that on twitter a large number of her previous coworkers and costars in TV land were of the opinion that she was finally caught out and she was always a nasty piece of work. Not good signs.

All that said though, there is a huge factor of mob "justice" kicking off. The mob love a villain and they love to see them outed and kicked with it. A public lynching played out in media and social media. I gather she's lost her various jobs too. While she may well be a silly bitch I have a major issue with public lynchings played out like this. The only advantage these days is the mob have an even shorter memory than they had, so give it six months... If that.

*don;t even have a telly so...

** she had that similar frowning resting face, though not as extreme back then. Last time I saw her a few years on and it's a constant. The Greeks reckoned people ended up with the older face that reflected their personality. There can be some truth to that as if you smile more over th years your facial muscles tend to reflect that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Glacia wrote: »
    Are they more worried that it raises questions in men's minds about women's victim power.
    The gender split in condemnation seems pretty even, of anything more women are baying for blood(though more women tend to watch such shows).

I would personally think she is a manifestation of the femme fatale, a very strong thread across all cultures in time. A warning about the "dangerous woman" in society. One that will screw over both men and other women equally. And she's a very public one.

Indeed I have personally found in my experience women are the more likely to recognise, call out, point to and socially punish such women like her than men are. They realise how dangerous they are, especially to the men they care about in their lives. Men tend to go more into sympathy and protect mode even with complete wagons. If they're pretty wagons triple that effect. A woman that looks like this?
    Roxanne-Pallett-Out-and-about-in-London--02-300x420.jpg
    I'd bet the farm there are many men watching this unfold who would want to protect or "fix" her and very few women.

Consider something unrelated like rape case juries. Studies have found the more women on a jury, the less likely a guilty verdict will be found. One Irish study found not a single conviction in over ten years in a rape case where women were the majority on a jury. Where men were the majority it was around 20%. It would suggest that women are more critical in their thinking concerning other women's testimonies. Men are the more likely to fall for "victim power". Which kinda goes against some of the online men's groups theories about how Women™ think and act.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

I think this is the first big chance people have had for a kickback against the #metoo and #believewomen hashtags. Many of us have felt in our bones that those movements were being abused by certain people and that some innocent men were being thrown to the wolves. With Pallett we had a very obvious attempt to have a mans career ruined by a fake accusation. A simple accusation by a woman being enough to have a mans life destroyed was a clear attack on the idea of natural justice. A little re balancing needed to happen. I think in the UK especially this will allow a little bit more perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,723 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Don't watch CBB (thank god) but watched the Jeremy Vine interview earlier and she gave me creeps with the darting eyes and sure as hell didn't come across as genuine but a well played out thoughtful response. Apparently not the first time she's done this either but that's the rumour mill for ye

Wibbs wrote: »
    The gender split in condemnation seems pretty even, of anything more women are baying for blood(though more women tend to watch such shows).

I would personally think she is a manifestation of the femme fatale, a very strong thread across all cultures in time. A warning about the "dangerous woman" in society. One that will screw over both men and other women equally. And she's a very public one.

Indeed I have personally found in my experience women are the more likely to recognise, call out, point to and socially punish such women like her than men are. They realise how dangerous they are, especially to the men they care about in their lives. Men tend to go more into sympathy and protect mode even with complete wagons. If they're pretty wagons triple that effect. A woman that looks like this?

I'd bet the farm there are many men watching this unfold who would want to protect or "fix" her and very few women.

A little bit of truth in that but they're much more concerned about the danger she poses to their victim power. They're desperately trying to punish her for doing something so stupid and they hope to make it look like the matter is dealt with.

Consider something unrelated like rape case juries. Studies have found the more women on a jury, the less likely a guilty verdict will be found. One Irish study found not a single conviction in over ten years in a rape case where women were the majority on a jury. Where men were the majority it was around 20%. It would suggest that women are more critical in their thinking concerning other women's testimonies. Men are the more likely to fall for "victim power". Which kinda goes against some of the online men's groups theories about how Women™ think and act.

Wouldn't be surprised but also key here is women aren't laden down with guilt one of the biggest driving factor with men today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭iptba

Who knows what the motivation is for people. I'm pleased to see that there has been a strong reaction: it would be worse if there wasn't.

But it would be a problem if it was somehow portrayed that she was the only person ever to have made a false accusation. If there has been coverage of that nature, that would be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

And of course part of their strategy is to placate a man who is so openly wronged so I guess we know who CBB’s winner is.

The winners of CBB are the shows producers. This is pantomime villian stuff (lost her part in some pantomime over this actually), and honestly I wouldn’t equate celebrities with ordinary people as though they actually can either be regarded in the same way, or treated the same. Just from this year alone we’ve also had -

Stormy Daniels reveals why she quit CBB - but chaotic scenes mean she is pulled off air after 'lawyers get involved'

And -

[url=!https://heatworld.com/entertainment/tv-movies/cbb-rodrigo-alves-banned/]Rodrigo Alves BANNED from the CBB final AND Bit On The Side after breaking ‘serious’ rule[/url]

This latest manufactured controversy, because that’s what it is, manufactured, will be forgotten about by next week when CBB producers have to up the ante again to attempt to piss off as many people as possible in one way or another.

The stuff about “women’s victim power” and all the rest of it - you really are thinking way too deeply about all this stuff. They’re celebrities, they’ll be fine. I wouldn’t use this latest manufactured incident as any sort of a commentary on society at all, other than observing it’s just another pantomime show which most people don’t care about one way or the other, let alone regarding her as the most hated woman in Britain. I’d imagine Theresa May is far more likely to hold that rather dubious honour about now for the pantomime show that plays out in Westminster.

iptba wrote: »
    Who knows what the motivation is for people. I'm pleased to see that there has been a strong reaction: it would be worse if there wasn't.

But it would be a problem if it was somehow portrayed that she was the only person ever to have made a false accusation. If there has been coverage of that nature, that would be a problem.

Well that's obvious how they're spinning it, its about her not the great power women have to make false allegations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Lads, lads, you're over-analysing this stupour-inducing sh1te. Remember, a sizeable portion of the population in the UK who are piling on the hate also voted for Brexit and the all the unicorn fancies promised within. If you don't subscribe to that particular line of thought; well then consider the state of the British media in general over the last couple of years. Not so much sliding downhill as engaged in free-fall. Without a parachute. Thick as mince would be a compliment.

TL;DR? Your brain will thank you for ignoring vapid celebrity crap.

A little bit of truth in that but they're much more concerned about the danger she poses to their victim power.
    Looking back through my life on those occasions where I was romantically involved with women who turned out to be head wreckers all the way to potentially dangerous nutters, in every single case it was the women in my life who first raised questions and the alarm. The men in my life usually only mentioned it after the fact. If a woman regularly pulls the crocodile tears angle to get her way, again it's nearly always the women who call her on it first. Men are much more likely to buy into it. If this "victim power" stuff you seem invested in were true, surely it would be the other way around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭iptba

If a woman regularly pulls the crocodile tears angle to get her way, again it's nearly always the women who call her on it first. Men are much more likely to buy into it.
    This reminds me of a group conversation I was in the other day where a woman was basically bragging that she had got away with breaking some rules (elsewhere) by having a premeditated cry. It's not something I could do in a premeditated way (I get the impression a lot of men are similar). Also, it is probably still more socially accepted for women to cry than for men to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Well that's obvious how they're spinning it, its about her not the great power women have to make false allegations.

Who are you referring to as “they”? It sounds like you think there’s a shady cabal (probably feminists im guessing) who are manipulating this situation for their own benefit.

The vast majority Commenting on this incident are the general public. The reactions I’ve seen have all been from the general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

, in every single case it was the women in my life who first raised questions and the alarm.

From personal experience this is also my take on it.
    When I'd query questionable behaviour with male friends, I'd be reading too much into it or get the old Hot/Crazy matrix speech. Upto and including who cares, look at her! ;)

Without ever raising questionable behaviour with my female friends, they broached it with me. I was told be careful and given great advice.
    I have been in a couple relationships with nutters who would Bridget Fonda in SWF to shame, and one instance of a girl who I was never with spending 2 years stalking me and making my life hell.
    She had even convinced people we were engaged!

I think any parallels drawn between this case and #metoo or #ibelieveher are dodgy.

This was not a case of sexual harrassment or even domestic abuse. It was a quite bizarre case which if she had been telling the truth would have involved a crazy person who goes around pretending to play fight someone while actually punching them. I’ve never seen an even vaguely similar claim to do with metoo.

As it turned out she was the crazy person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I think any parallels drawn between this case and #metoo or #ibelieveher are dodgy.

This was not a case of sexual harrassment or even domestic abuse. It was a quite bizarre case which if she had been telling the truth would have involved a crazy person who goes around pretending to play fight someone while actually punching them. I’ve never seen an even vaguely similar claim to do with metoo.

As it turned out she was the crazy person.

It's a case that involved a false accusation of an assault of quite a serious nature.
    If there had been no cameras involved, her narrative would have been readily accepted by the vast majority of people.
    She then doubled down on the accusation and accused her assailant of lying about the severity of the assault.
    Without video evidence, she would quite rapidly likely have become a poster girl for a new wave of feminism movement, if not #metoo or #IBelieveHer it would have been some new variant on same.

Even her mealy mouthed apology is used by some as an excuse. Woman's Aid have defended Pallet and released a statement that manages to exonorate her behaviour and keep her victim narrative going.
    https://www.womensaid.org.uk/womens-aid-responds-to-roxanne-palletts-experience-in-the-celebrity-big-brother-house/

Take the incident away from a televised environment. Imagine it happened in a normal workplace with no CCTV?
    What would you imagine the likely outcome to be?
    It wouldn't be the accuser losing their job, friends and status.

banie01 wrote: »
    It's a case that involved a false accusation of an assault of quite a serious nature.
    If there had been no cameras involved, her narrative would have been readily accepted by the vast majority of people.
    She then doubled down on the accusation and accused her assailant of lying about the severity of the assault.
    Without video evidence, she would quite rapidly likely have become a poster girl for a new wave of feminism movement, if not #metoo or #IBelieveHer it would have been some new variant on same.

Even her mealy mouthed apology is used by some as an excuse. Woman's Aid have defended Pallet and released a statement that manages to exonorate her behaviour and keep her victim narrative going.
    https://www.womensaid.org.uk/womens-aid-responds-to-roxanne-palletts-experience-in-the-celebrity-big-brother-house/

Take the incident away from a televised environment. Imagine it happened in a normal workplace with no CCTV?

I think if she made accusations of domestic abuse about a partner she probably would be believed and the accused would probably face difficulties in their life.

If she had said someone she barely knew came up to her, pretended to play fight, but was secretly punching her hard I think most people’s reactions would have been “what?”

It’s a really bizarre claim

Looking back through my life on those occasions where I was romantically involved with women who turned out to be head wreckers all the way to potentially dangerous nutters, in every single case it was the women in my life who first raised questions and the alarm. The men in my life usually only mentioned it after the fact. If a woman regularly pulls the crocodile tears angle to get her way, again it's nearly always the women who call her on it first. Men are much more likely to buy into it. If this "victim power" stuff you seem invested in were true, surely it would be the other way around?

I agree with much of what you’re saying, but it’s complicated there are many factors in this.

There are many fair women out there Women tend to have a greater sense of the unfairness of certain issues generally such women will tend to raise the issue with men they know whereas men generally tend to say people should ignore these things and move on. A woman will be far better at recognising female manipulation given they see it from this angle, they’ll be the first to see through a woman abusing the victim card and so would be the first to raise the issue with a man they knew who’s wronged by a woman.

Men today are so laden down with guilt they often don’t see the issue as objectively as women and they’ve been trained to always see the man as the offender. Guys today don’t support their fellow men they don’t feel comfortable discussing personals issues with other guys and even if they had their instincts about a woman they wouldn’t feel comfortable calling a woman manipulative which would mark them as a misogynist so they’ll feel men should just ignore these things and men should be manly. Part of my approach is to encourage men to support other men emotionally, often men are each other’s worst enemy, I definitely don’t believe in some battle of men versus women.

Another factor is that men will feel a strong nurturing instinct to such cute girl and don’t realise how they’re being influenced by this but you can see they’re less nurturing to an unattractive girl. Notice how gentle Jeremy Vine treated her in the interview which angered all the women.

However having said all this sometimes women criticise a woman because she’s scored an own goal, damaged the cause of women and they instinctively raise scrutiny of their all powerful victim card.

When women turn on a woman publicly like this to pillory her its not to help the accused everyone can see he’s been vindicated, its more they’re angry with her and they want to punish her. They’re not concerned with the false allegations which go on generally so why get so upset here? It’s just that this played out in such a blatant way and it’s waking guys up. Women talk about how terrible it is for the guy accused but again he’s been vindicated by the CCTV it seems there trying to placate him and present this case as if it’s an extreme exception but its not.

If a man had made an accusation about another guy hitting him in a case like this he’d have been told to man up there wouldn’t have been this outpouring of hate towards him for days. You have to admit there’s something far more interesting going on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭tritium

banie01 wrote: »

Jesus that womensaid statement is appalling. Do they actually understand who is the victim and who is the abused in this situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I think it was an attempt to gain publicity and increase her profile which backfired spectacularly. Remember CBB attracts fading "stars" who wish to get back into the limelight and will do anything to revive their careers. Maybe she thought she could become a figure head for the me too movement and be championed by the likes of the Guardian and be part of a long running story, instead it has ruined her career.

The winners of CBB are the shows producers. This is pantomime villian stuff (lost her part in some pantomime over this actually), and honestly I wouldn’t equate celebrities with ordinary people as though they actually can either be regarded in the same way, or treated the same. Just from this year alone we’ve also had -

Why do you dismiss a whole thread like this? obviously it reflects something about our values whether celebs or not. If there wasn’t footage of what happened the accused would be in a lot of trouble. It would hardly be pantomime villain stuff if some guy was accused of punching a woman. Why do you make these idiotic mindless statements?

The stuff about “women’s victim power” and all the rest of it - you really are thinking way too deeply about all this stuff. They’re celebrities, they’ll be fine. I wouldn’t use this latest manufactured incident as any sort of a commentary on society at all, other than observing it’s just another pantomime show which most people don’t care about one way or the other, let alone regarding her as the most hated woman in Britain. I’d imagine Theresa May is far more likely to hold that rather dubious honour about now for the pantomime show that plays out in Westminster.

Why are you writing such mindless nonsense. Most women are furious about her. Obviously if a woman thinks she can make allegations like this it it reflects something about society namely that the slightest infringement on them can make a woman feel she’s abused.

This latest manufactured controversy, because that’s what it is, manufactured, will be forgotten about by next week when CBB producers have to up the ante again to attempt to piss off as many people as possible in one way or another.

So this was all made up by the producers. :rolleyes: So all the CBB housemates are in on this? And this woman Roxanne was she aware she was going to loose her acting career over it. How much have CBB going to compensate her for the end of her acting career?
    And you’re saying I’m thinking too deeply about it?:confused:
    Why are you so arrogant you really don’t have the critical skills to think through what you’re saying.

Maybe you could butt out of this if you're not going to think through what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There's currency in being a victim these days.

Bad natured people will take advantage of this to improve their worth in life, social status, finances etc.

Although in this case I'm not sure she thought her plan fully through. If you're going to make a false claim against a person and run their life for your own selfish gain don't say the incident occurred in a house with 500 cameras rolling 24/7.

There's currency in being a victim these days.

Bad natured people will take advantage of this to improve their worth in life, social status, finances etc.

Although in this case I'm not sure she thought her plan fully through. If you're going to make a false claim against a person and run their life for your own selfish gain don't say the incident occurred in a house with 500 cameras rolling 24/7.

Well you're half right there's currency in being a female victim very little in being a male victim. Most men will be the first to tell you to man up but if a woman was in the same situation they'd fall over themselves trying to help her. These are deeper issues in our society which most men themselves aren't aware of.

You're right though she played the victim out of habit she forgot she was under a video and this would play out nationally. It just shows the privileges which women take for granted.

This has woken some guys to the reality of women's ability to make false allegations against men. Hence women are demonising her trying to make it seem like its an issue about her and not about female power to make false allegations about men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

If a man had made an accusation about another guy hitting him in a case like this he’d have been told to man up there wouldn’t have been this outpouring of hate towards him for days. You have to admit there’s something far more interesting going on here.

He'd be laughed at and ridiculed.

I remember seeing a really good social experiment on youtube a couple of years back where a couple (actors obviously) were fighting in a public place. In the first example, the man was the agressor and onlookers were genuinely shocked. One or two eventually came to the womans aid and helped her.

When they reveresed the roles, onlookers were openly laughing at the man being physically and verbally abused.

That said, and with all due respect to everyone commenting in this thread, this CBB incident is an absoute joke. The accuser, who has since apologised, should be ashamed of herself, absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Keyzer wrote: »
    He'd be laughed at and ridiculed.

I remember seeing a really good social experiment on youtube a couple of years back where a couple (actors obviously) were fighting in a public place. In the first example, the man was the agressor and onlookers were genuinely shocked. One or two eventually came to the womans aid and helped her.

When they reveresed the roles, onlookers were openly laughing at the man being physically and verbally abused.

That said, and with all due respect to everyone commenting in this thread, this CBB incident is an absoute joke. The accuser, who has since apologised, should be ashamed of herself, absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Yea I agree no one would care if a man played the victim but its very dangerous when a woman plays the victim, society is obliged to come down hard on the aggressor.

Where do you get the idea this is a joke? If a woman accused you of hitting her it would be treated very seriously. You'd be charged with a serious crime, you'd be condemned by the whole community, it would be a life changing event.

A lot of men were concerned when they saw the reality of how a woman could have them turned in to a "wifebeater" in the eyes of society just on the word of a woman. Incidents like this play out everyday but this one played out on TV for all the world to see. Hence women swing in to action they have to punish this woman and make a hero of the man accused, women need to placate men's anger about this, make sure someone's accountable for it so men don't start questioning the primacy with which we hold female victims.

And you're very naive if you believe her apology was genuine wasn't motivated by all society's pressure on her the whole country turned on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Limechime wrote: »
    Imagine how many men are in prison right now having been falsely accused of rape or assault because of women like Roxanne.

Not a nice thought.

Even men who are proven innocent in a court of law get hounded and treated as if they were guilty. While the false accuser faces no consequences.

Very worrying times for men tbh. I've a son who's nearly 7 and I worry about what it will be like for his generation in another 10 yrs or so. I'm really going to have counsel him as he gets older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Does anyone have any facts on these kind of false accusations? Are they common? Are they more prevalent than other kinds of false complaints made by men or women?

At the end of the day, if someone is assaulted, they have the right to make a complaint.

In the case with Roxanne Pallette, she clearly has issues with how she perceives things. I don't think she was being malipulitive consciously, perhaps subconsciously? It was filmed so she must have made herself believe that it happened. Some people are like that and for every Roxanne Pallette, I'm sure there's a man of a similar mindset that can disrupt people's lives.

The producers of the show should also be criticized. It is pantomime and they didn't have to let it go on as long as they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭skallywag

Lorelli! wrote: »
    In the case with Roxanne Pallette, she clearly has issues with how she perceives things. I don't think she was being malipulitive consciously, perhaps subconsciously?

We will never really know the truth on that one I suppose, but my own feeling is that she most definitely knew what she was doing.
    The producers of the show should also be criticized. It is pantomime and they didn't have to let it go on as long as they did.

Well to be fair to the producers, isn't this exactly the type on incident which they want to happen? Great for business.

• Advertisement

skallywag wrote: »
    We will never really know the truth on that one I suppose, but my own feeling is that she most definitely knew what she was doing.

imo if she knew what she was doing, she would be aware that it wouldn't work in her favour but no doubt there was some kind of warped logic going on.
    skallywag wrote: »
    Well to be fair to the producers, isn't this exactly the type on incident which they want to happen? Great for business.

Well i wouldnt say to be fair to them but exactly that. Pantomime. Soap opera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭skallywag

My take on in would be that she expected the public to come down on her side without too much questioning of the incident, maybe she was considering the momentum which is with metoo etc. at the moment and just assumed that nobody with dare question such an accusation. She seriously miscalculated though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

What if there where no cams,most would of believe her,that's the scary part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Yea I agree no one would care if a man played the victim but its very dangerous when a woman plays the victim, society is obliged to come down hard on the aggressor.

That was the whole point of my post.
    Where do you get the idea this is a joke? If a woman accused you of hitting her it would be treated very seriously. You'd be charged with a serious crime, you'd be condemned by the whole community, it would be a life changing event.

Not really sure what you're talking about here, I didn't make any jokes about the topic.
    A lot of men were concerned when they saw the reality of how a woman could have them turned in to a "wifebeater" in the eyes of society just on the word of a woman. Incidents like this play out everyday but this one played out on TV for all the world to see. Hence women swing in to action they have to punish this woman and make a hero of the man accused, women need to placate men's anger about this, make sure someone's accountable for it so men don't start questioning the primacy with which we hold female victims.

And you're very naive if you believe her apology was genuine wasn't motivated by all society's pressure on her the whole country turned on her.

Never said I thought it was genuine, I said she should be ashamed and disgusted with herself.

Slightly confused with your entire post to be honest, perhaps you should re-read before giving me static.

Does anyone have any facts on these kind of false accusations? Are they common? Are they more prevalent than other kinds of false complaints made by men or women?

At the end of the day, if someone is assaulted, they have the right to make a complaint.
    Yes but if a man makes a complaint no one would care. When a woman makes a complaint it'll change a man's life for the worst, get him a criminal record or jail time. Its a bad thing that women have the power to destroy men's lives so easily, we should have more open discussion about how society is so one sided when a woman uses her victim card. We deal with a situation more logically when a man uses his victim card we're far less logical when a woman uses her victim card we immediately rush to condemn the man.

Don't men have to right to know how precarious their position is?

Lemming wrote: »
    Lads, lads, you're over-analysing this stupour-inducing sh1te. Remember, a sizeable portion of the population in the UK who are piling on the hate also voted for Brexit and the all the unicorn fancies promised within. If you don't subscribe to that particular line of thought; well then consider the state of the British media in general over the last couple of years. Not so much sliding downhill as engaged in free-fall. Without a parachute. Thick as mince would be a compliment.

TL;DR? Your brain will thank you for ignoring vapid celebrity crap.

You totally missed the point this incident obviously reflects something very important in society. Incidents like this go on everyday, women make these false allegations of assault and are able to manipulate the system the police/legal system against him. Its just here we have footage of the whole incident and so can discuss it.

We're not in to CBB this incident's been discussed in the newspapers for the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Who are you referring to as “they”? It sounds like you think there’s a shady cabal (probably feminists im guessing) who are manipulating this situation for their own benefit.

The vast majority Commenting on this incident are the general public. The reactions I’ve seen have all been from the general public.

Reread my opening post I used the words "instinctively" so you don't have to talk about shady cabals.

Not really sure what you're talking about here, I didn't make any jokes about the topic.

Never said I thought it was genuine, I said she should be ashamed and disgusted with herself.

Slightly confused with your entire post to be honest, perhaps you should re-read before giving me static.

The reason I’m giving you static is you’re missing the point I’m making. Everyone and his dog knows what she did was wrong. But incidents go on like this play out many times everyday problem is this played out on TV for all the world to see.
    The woman isn’t the issue problem is she’s just not as clever as most and made a fatal error.

The issue is women have huge power to destroy men’s lives, why should they have this power.
    Should women have this huge power to make up lies?
    Why should they have this huge victim power?
    Why should assaults against women be considered 10 times more important than crimes against men at a time when equal treatment under the law is meant to be the underlying basis of society.

Obviously lots of women wish to muddy the waters and distract from this real issue thus they’re making it about her. Some men are unsettled by this so they have to direct their anger to this woman rather than those factors which cause these false allegations.

Yes but if a man makes a complaint no one would care. When a woman makes a complaint it'll change a man's life for the worst, get him a criminal record or jail time. Its a bad thing that women have the power to destroy men's lives so easily, we should have more open discussion about how society is so one sided when a woman uses her victim card. We deal with a situation more logically when a man uses his victim card we're far less logical when a woman uses her victim card we immediately rush to condemn the man

If a man is randomly assaulted no one cares?

If women have all this "victim power" then why are many women who are actual victims afraid to report crimes against them? Like why is this Harvey Weinstein or Cosby stuff only coming out now after decades of abuse?
    Don't men have to right to know how precarious their position is?

Didn't your man Ryan have the right not to be put through the needless psychological torment and worry that the producers had the power to prevent? Or do you not care about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yea I agree her apology was hilarious she was apologising to everyone to the accused, his family, friends his fans and every single person that watched that. How do you "apologise massively"?

However I'm raising a deeper question.
    What about all these women talking about how terrible it was for Ryan are they only upset as she was caught as well? Are they only sorry it played out so blatantly on TV a woman clearly abusing the victim power she has. Are they more worried that it raises questions in men's minds about women's victim power.

maybe they simply think its sh!t to accuse someone of battery in the wrong..

not sure that there are hidden depths here

and is she the most hated woman in Britain? How was that measured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

i think women are right to be condemning her & ignoring the she could have ruined his life part.

Its a peer pressure thing. If women see what could happen to them as a result of false accusations they may be less likely to falsely accuse somebody.

Society now cares less about others than it does about itself. So highlighting your outcome to a false accusation is more likely to have an impact than highlighting what could happen to somebody else.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    i think women are right to be condemning her & ignoring the she could have ruined his life part.
    I mentioned previously they don't seem to care about those guys that are falsely accused every day.

Its a peer pressure thing. If women see what could happen to them as a result of false accusations they may be less likely to falsely accuse somebody.
    Should we be relying on women? Don't you think that we as men should be insisting that we be treated fairly by the system and that women shouldn't have that victim power to destroy men's lives?

Society now cares less about others than it does about itself. So highlighting your outcome to a false accusation is more likely to have an impact than highlighting what could happen to somebody else.

This doesn't make sense.

lawred2 wrote: »
    maybe they simply think its sh!t to accuse someone of battery in the wrong..

not sure that there are hidden depths here

That's how its meant to look, but many men are falsely accused everyday where women don't give a damn.

Common serious questions please.

Its just an overall impression based on the number of articles condemning her in the last couple of weeks some even giving her the most hated women in Britain. Its possible there are other women equally hated if this needs to be explained to you.

If a man is randomly assaulted no one cares?

If you went to the garda station and said a guy hit you in a bar would they care? No. they'd tell you they were too busy. If a woman was hit it would be on the newspaper with pictures in an effort to identify the offender.

If women have all this "victim power" then why are many women who are actual victims afraid to report crimes against them? Like why is this Harvey Weinstein or Cosby stuff only coming out now after decades of abuse?

Because the most important thing for these women was they wanted to be Hollywood stars when their careers were over they made an issue of it.

Didn't your man Ryan have the right not to be put through the needless psychological torment and worry that the producers had the power to prevent? Or do you not care about that?

He gained from it in the end didn't he. What about all those other men falsely accused shouldn't we be concerned about them? At least Ryan only suffered a short period these other guys will suffer a lifetime of being falsely accused.

Isn't the greater good served by having this discussion out in the open? So we can resolve these issues better than always blaming one side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That's how its meant to look, but many men are falsely accused everyday where women don't give a damn.

Indeed - and I would imagine that those that know of such circumstances are equally outraged and upset.

Do you expect such local events to cause national furores?
    Common serious questions please.

Common serious statements please
    Its just an overall impression based on the number of articles condemning her in the last couple of weeks some even giving her the most hated women in Britain. Its possible there are other women equally hated if this needs to be explained to you.

Maybe you don't understand the key differences between events in the public eye and events in the private eye and how they tend to play out differently at a national level..

I think you're trying to level an accusation at women in general that they only care when it's celebrities that are involved..

I'd say that that's ignorant bollocks personally

Should we be relying on women? Don't you think that we as men should be insisting that we be treated fairly by the system and that women shouldn't have that victim power to destroy men's lives?

My point was in response to the below point you made.

I am not saying the issue should soley be dealt with by women. I made the point that she is being ostracised by women as a way of dealing with this.

Women instinctively don’t want scrutiny of this so they desperately want to appear to remedy this controversy by punishing her.

daheff wrote:
    This doesn't make sense.
    Why not? Do you not feel that society has gotten more selfish in its thinking and so people care more about the impact of an action on them than the impacts of the action on others?

The issue is women have huge power to destroy men’s lives, why should they have this power.
    Should women have this huge power to make up lies?
    Why should they have this huge victim power?
    Why should assaults against women be considered 10 times more important than crimes against men at a time when equal treatment under the law is meant to be the underlying basis of society.

I think your main point (unsaid) is that you see a difference between how males and females are treated.

While its not fair, the treatment of western society to men far outweigh those to females.

Equality is catching up....but it will take time to get there.

Indeed - and I would imagine that those that know of such circumstances are equally outraged and upset.

Do you expect such local events to cause national furores?
    If women were being falsely accused as much as men then they would be discussing false accusations far more.

Common serious statements please
    Repeating back to me a paraphrase of what I said doesn't make you a wit unless you're 8 years old.

to explain it again the term the "most hated women in Britain" is a figure of speech bandied about by newspapers about her. Doesn't mean it's literally true maybe Theresa May's more hated I don't know but she's up there. I read many articles on this subject as I found it interesting and she was the constant topic by many female talk shows and female celebrities with them almost unanimous in their condemnation of this women.

One has to wonder about your pointless discussion of such an idiotic point, I know you're not that stupid so I assume you just want to Troll the discussion.

Maybe you don't understand the key differences between events in the public eye and events in the private eye and how they tend to play out differently at a national level..

As I've explain previously there's lots of discussion about her. You've no idea what you're trying to say.

I think you're trying to level an accusation at women in general that they only care when it's celebrities that are involved..

I'd say that that's ignorant bollocks personally

Well women criticize men all the time so why not the reverse. Given my point was that men are so guilt tripped that they attack other men who say anything possibly critical of women you've confirmed my point excellently.

Again your petulant insults and swearing and inability to make a rational argument show you must be just Trolling you couldn't be this stupid you need to bow out of this thread.

While its not fair, the treatment of western society to men far outweigh those to females.
    That's a myth and an oft repeated one. How anyone can look at western society over the last decade and believe with a straight face that women are treated worse than men. Far outweigh? That's an utter nonsense. Today, the average Irish woman is better educated, better paid until kids come along, have better outcomes in divorce, less likely to be unemployed, less likely to be homeless, or addicts, have far more social support, including financially, more medical attention and research and will live longer than the average Irish man. These are facts.

Again your petulant insults and swearing and inability to make a rational argument show you must be just Trolling you couldn't be this stupid you need to bow out of this thread.
    Dial this line of posting right back. Whether someone "bows out" or not of a thread is not up to you. Neither is accusing someone of trolling. If you have an issue with a post report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

That's a myth and an oft repeated one. How anyone can look at western society over the last decade and believe with a straight face that women are treated worse than men. Far outweigh? That's an utter nonsense. Today, the average Irish woman is better educated, better paid until kids come along, have better outcomes in divorce, less likely to be unemployed, less likely to be homeless, or addicts, have far more social support, including financially, more medical attention and research and will live longer than the average Irish man. These are facts.

And they have advocacy groups all over the place still looking for more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement