Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition FEEDBACK THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

sKeith wrote: »
    Why did you come out as coffey with 3 mislynches left?
    With 3 mislynches left, it was never going to work and just nails you to the cross, why do it!

When two people come out as coffey, with no priest, those two will be lynched. One of them is a wolf.

Don't you see the hypocrisy you are spouting?

A relatively bona fide villager was suggesting I run off against Phil, it was a race I was going to lose on the night. Again for you with the benefit of the spoilers thread it's great, I was under the impression Gabriel was the BG then there was a protect Sunday! I was thinking Mary for the bull**** (In my mind) Master of the universe role was the BG. I made a mistake and didn't expect a reveal from Fiona.

I couldn't win at that stage, absolutely couldn't win, I ran the numbers a few time in the backroom and my issue was Isla and the Carrie role, I was dead if I took her. The village were never going to lynch her and I needed that to happen to win

Simple as that, bad play as opposed to anything else. Also I'm spouting nothing, I'm talking to people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

duffman13 wrote: »
    I didn't know a pm had been sent, I read the backrooms quickly and just seen you being told to stop and then given permission to go again. So apolgies for that

Is ok I’m just looking to clarify what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Yeah but I did it after asking if I was allowed

“Absolutely it’s allowed, it’s your role and you can do whatever you feel is in your best interest!!”

And I went along with it .

“Jesus no you clown (sic) what are you even thinking about “
    And I’d want that to be the end.

I would like to say on crazy ideas that i feel the idea that wolves can’t self munch is an intrinsic rule and should not be changed in a game calling it self werewolf
    A serial killer killing a player that helps him is different
    :(

Its a game mod call imo. It could be a valid mechanic in a really really sadistic game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What did people think of the 'everyone has a backroom' idea?

As per Drumpot's room, I think it was very beneficial to see an NRV's thought processes throughout the game.

And Drumpot, seriously. As the others said on the game thread - many of us villagers have gone down these rabbit holes beforehand. So don't be worrying about it :)

My own performance in Star Trek was a piece of beauty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Drumpot wrote: »
    Yeh I think mod flexibility on discipline is important. There are different reasons why people may miss votes or make ill advised comments on thread. If there is a zero tolerance applied I don’t think I would last too many games.

Perhaps have an auto self vote for those who don’t vote? It means that even if they don’t vote everybody knows and at least they may end up lynching themselves? And for every vote they miss thereafter their vote for themselves doubles? Is that too harsh?

I love this solution!

• Advertisement

Also, folks. I think QB mentioned it in the other thread but I'll pop it here too.

Can everyone reset their anon account passwords back to normal, thanks.

For the next game mods, if they PM QB she has the list on spreadsheet format of all 32 anon accounts and passwords.

I'll chance my arm here and ask the forum mods, any chance of another 8 storm names to make an even 40? :pac:

Be nice then if someone was running a lengthier game as suggested on boards with 20 players, there'd still be 20 accounts available for the monthly games (only an example, other numbers/combinations work too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necrominus wrote: »
    What did people think of the 'everyone has a backroom' idea?

As per Drumpot's room, I think it was very beneficial to see an NRV's thought processes throughout the game.

And Drumpot, seriously. As the others said on the game thread - many of us villagers have gone down these rabbit holes beforehand. So don't be worrying about it :)

My own performance in Star Trek was a piece of beauty :D

Yeh, I hope at least by BR shows I wasn't trying to F**k things up for everybody. .

Also, I think the wolves munching another would of made total sense in some scenarios. Like 2 wolves claiming seer, a crazy play but it can cause all sorts of confusion and chaos, particularly if there is a wolf priest who can give selectively targeted info to compliment the wolf seer.

A wolf is up for lynch. Comes out as seer. Village holds off and saves wolf. Next day seer doesn't come out and village isn't sure to kill claimed role. Day after that good seer doesn't come out, wolves either know seer is dead or take a punt if their seer is getting heat. Another wolf claims seer. At that stage wolves would know a bunch of goodies from Seer/priest so could be really accurate. Wolves munch a "wolf" that was on the sacrificial wolf seer list and the new wolf seer coasts to victory ,. .

I know its a long winded strategy, but I think its sound and could cause chaos, which is exactly what baddies enjoy . . I don't think its against the spirit to use these sort of tactics to win. Its very risky, but so is fake role claiming when you don't know if it can be countered.

I think when I was SK I actually pretty much said I was SK on day 1 or hinted very very strongly at it. I wanted people to think "there's no way an SK would do that". It actually worked and the only reason I got killed was because I mocked the hell out of the wolves when the village seer outed all of them at 2am! That was actually prob my favourite moment any game I have played The wovles, the SK and seer all around after 1am on thread till about 5am! And people waking up to that !. .

Closest to that was being Vig and being able to shoot people who annoyed me . . :D

Also, folks. I think QB mentioned it in the other thread but I'll pop it here too.

Can everyone reset their anon account passwords back to normal, thanks.

For the next game mods, if they PM QB she has the list on spreadsheet format of all 32 anon accounts and passwords.

I'll chance my arm here and ask the forum mods, any chance of another 8 storm names to make an even 40? :pac:

Be nice then if someone was running a lengthier game as suggested on boards with 20 players, there'd still be 20 accounts available for the monthly games (only an example, other numbers/combinations work too).

If we get to a stage where we need 40 we will look at that for you.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Thanks Necro for your work on this. Myself and Pedro are working through the list of posts that mention COP and breaking the link; hopefully this will help in some way.

But absolutely no issue whatsoever about having a COP request thread alongside the WW request forum. We will need to be vigilant about posting links to COP also. If anyone sees an active link on the site, can you let a mod know and we can edit accordingly.

Hold on a second here. Pedro?

A relatively bona fide villager was suggesting I run off against Phil, it was a race I was going to lose on the night. Again for you with the benefit of the spoilers thread it's great, I was under the impression Gabriel was the BG then there was a protect Sunday! I was thinking Mary for the bull**** (In my mind) Master of the universe role was the BG. I made a mistake and didn't expect a reveal from Fiona.

I couldn't win at that stage, absolutely couldn't win, I ran the numbers a few time in the backroom and my issue was Isla and the Carrie role, I was dead if I took her. The village were never going to lynch her and I needed that to happen to win

Simple as that, bad play as opposed to anything else. Also I'm spouting nothing, I'm talking to people

I had considered killing isla at some point because I could see she was the lynch pin (sic)
    The Carrie role is very powerful when you let it loose
    Wolves needed to cujo her and then munch her but ye didn’t pick up on that in
    Time.

• Advertisement

So, you didn't know that its not going to work and nail you the cross, so that's why you done it.

But , IT doing his play, you knew for sure that it was never going to work and just nail him to the cross, so why did he do it.

I roughly calculated that IT had a 33% chance of success at his play, yeah, its not perfect, will not work twice in every three attempts, but that does not make it not worth trying.

Just because, it didn't work 1 time, does not mean it would never work.

How did you calculate that sKeith?

sKeith wrote: »
    So, you didn't know that its not going to work and nail you the cross, so that's why you done it.

But , IT doing his play, you knew for sure that it was never going to work and just nail him to the cross, so why did he do it.

I roughly calculated that IT had a 33% chance of success at his play, yeah, its not perfect, will not work twice in every three attempts, but that does not make it not worth trying.

Just because, it didn't work 1 time, does not mean it would never work.

You think it had a 1 in 3 change. I'd love to see your numbers on that! I dont think it would ever work at that point in the game. Opinions and all that

I had considered killing isla at some point because I could see she was the lynch pin (sic)
    Time.

I never considered the Cujo part of it. But why would wolves Kill her by wasting a power and a munch? Unless I am mistaken she is effetively no danger to the wolves once they know who she is ? I always thought that once carrie was outed that guaranteed that villager a walkthrough to the end of the game no matter what happened.

Time.

Oh we knew it, but we also had Coffey who was a two hitter which is why we Cujo'd Gabriel who in the end wasn't Coffey unfortunately. Isla was trouble but if we got one more day out of Angus she'd be taken out.

My thinking on it was Coffey could cost us kills. We also considered early using Randall to hit her but you took a chunk out of him :)

Pter wrote: »

Trial and error.

I never considered the Cujo part of it. But why would wolves Kill her by wasting a power and a munch? I always thought that once carrie was outed that guaranteed that villager a walkthrough to the end of the game no matter what happened. Wolves wouldn't need to kill her and her powers are effectively useless unless I am missing a mechanic of it?

In a final 3 play she'd be alive and a villager, she'd have a choice to make on who died. We could never take her out without losing a life and we didn't have a life to spare. It would be a toss up between two people then. But the Carrie role was a huge road block

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If we get to a stage where we need 40 we will look at that for you.

Out of interest, do you know how much notice you'd need for that?
    e.g. If someone does an impromtu anon game that's running into the weekend with 9 accounts still active and there's a scheduled game due to kick off on the Sunday with 25 sign-ups, would you need to know on the Friday? The previous Monday? Two and a half months before? Or is it a bit tricky and the sensible thing to do is just not have 2 Anon games start within <2 weeks of each-other?

'Cause now that he's floated the idea, you just know Necro is planning to mod two independent 20 man variably paced games and kick them off on sunday night. It's his equivalent of sleep.

I never considered the Cujo part of it. But why would wolves Kill her by wasting a power and a munch? Unless I am mistaken she is effetively no danger to the wolves once they know who she is ? I always thought that once carrie was outed that guaranteed that villager a walkthrough to the end of the game no matter what happened.

Yeah, the vengeful is a powerful villager role alright, it was in Barney's interests to stay hidden and soft a seer claim to try and draw a munch. Once Angus outed Isla, yeah it was a pretty sure fire way to last till the end of the game.

Only way her power could be blocked was via Cujo, or the numbing sphere.

Speaking of which, I hope you enjoyed the riddles. I wish we had included more spheres tbh, but I was worried it would unbalance the game so we left them out.

Originally there were to be six spheres.

I'm sad that the lynch auditor never got a chance to use their power, but that's unfortunately the game.

Hopefully some time in the future other mods might use the role again :)

But, my favorite role was Cujo, the roleblocker. I love it as a role. As much as it annoyed the village and those hit by it, I loved the reactions to it :)

• Advertisement

Necro any chance of what a longer format game looks like in your eyes? I'm out for the foreseeable unfortunately but might dip my toe in this depending on set up.

Also if possible I prefer anon but for a longer game normal account a might be better for people.

I'm sad that the lynch auditor never got a chance to use their power, but that's unfortunately the game.

Hopefully some time in the future other mods might use the role again :)

But, my favorite role was Cujo, the roleblocker. I love it as a role. As much as it annoyed the village and those hit by it, I loved the reactions to it :)

Cujo'd became a phrase :) That's all you can ask for

Banjo wrote: »
    Out of interest, do you know how much notice you'd need for that?
    e.g. If someone does an impromtu anon game that's running into the weekend with 9 accounts still active and there's a scheduled game due to kick off on the Sunday with 25 sign-ups, would you need to know on the Friday? The previous Monday? Two and a half months before? Or is it a bit tricky and the sensible thing to do is just not have 2 Anon games start within <2 weeks of each-other?

'Cause now that he's floated the idea, you just know Necro is planning to mod two independent 20 man variably paced games and kick them off on sunday night. It's his equivalent of sleep.

Why stop there though. Why not request the full 100 anon accounts :D

Necro any chance of what a longer format game looks like in your eyes? I'm out for the foreseeable unfortunately but might dip my toe in this depending on set up.

Also if possible I prefer anon but for a longer game normal account a might be better for people.

Phases would be longer, so for example like my World Championships game - you might have 36 hr day phases and 12 hr, closed night phases. Or longer, depending on the mod.

Basically what this means is that you don't have to be online for the entire phase for fear of missing things (although if you're me....:pac: )

Volume of posting would be low enough, apart from in the run up to End of Day and the start following the munch.

So, longer game - less overall commitment.

Phases would be longer, so for example like my World Championships game - you might have 36 hr day phases and 12 hr, closed night phases. Or longer, depending on the mod.

Basically what this means is that you don't have to be online for the entire phase for fear of missing things (although if you're me....:pac: )

Volume of posting would be low enough, apart from in the run up to End of Day and the start following the munch.

So, longer game - less overall commitment.

I like the thought of that, I will have a look when it becomes available. Possibly January till I get in another game otherwise. I'm tempted by that kind of game as the commitment levels would suit me more but i know I'll end out getting carried away :)

Why stop there though. Why not request the full 100 anon accounts :D

Don't you think its better to work up slowly to the eventual target, and not ask for them all at once. If we ask for them all at once, they might say no.

He does stastics and analysis in his down time to relax
    I think he probably means a 33% chance to be believed no to win

I liked the break on Saturday.. and I like the idea of working with breaks during the game . . I think somebody had mentioned something like closing thread after 11pm till 8 am or something.

Anything to be said for breaks between certain hours during workdays ? Like maybe some days have a break between 12-5 or something ? Just to give people a time to catch up ?

People could use the COP backrooms for theories/notes or things they want to say on thread so those who would normally post during breaks could use their personal backroom to at least feel like they are able to remain in the game on some level.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Might be worth a survey to see how people's work days break up - you're talking about locking the thread over lunchtime, which should be the only legitimate game time people have without WW impacting their working lives.

Also, having breaks to work your backroom significantly benefits the wolves moreso than many villagers, most roled villagers would be working alone and can keep their Backroom in their head, on a napkin etc etc. Often it's those absences that can be telling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

It’s not allowed to edit the backrooms so if I was told no I didn’t want any discussion on the merits of the play. Ie: I didn’t want to be laughed at.

Fair enough. I was trying to suggest something far crazier in my backroom. Would have been power play 2018 if the lynch auditor had been around. :D

Advertisement