Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition FEEDBACK THREAD

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's a difficult one. Optimally it might be smarter to have longer day phases, the night phases don't need to be 12/13 hrs for example. You could, theoretically - have a lynch at 9pm and the munch at 10pm, then folks have the entire night (night owls) and day (those who can post at work) - to figure things out.

Night phases don't need to be too long as wolves have all day to discuss off thread who to kill, seer can select who to peek, etc, etc..

It might be a happy compromise, and perhaps worth trialling at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

sKeith wrote: »
    Why did you come out as coffey with 3 mislynches left?
    With 3 mislynches left, it was never going to work and just nails you to the cross, why do it!

When two people come out as coffey, with no priest, those two will be lynched. One of them is a wolf.

Don't you see the hypocrisy you are spouting?

He had no choice, he was being raced with Phil with loser lynched and winner peeked.

Maybe if a game is planned for that length again there can be tasks or competitions for extra days at the end too to keep things interesting. Even if one of the spheres was done a day or two later for example although I did like them being timed shortly after munch when the thread was busy.

Thanks for all of the detailed feedback BH.

Just on this...

There were originally 6 spheres. Here are the two which got dropped well before game launch...
    Violet: Violet grants the user two Priest checks. Upon activating its power, the user will be told the roles of two dead players of their choosing. The user must be careful here though, if you check two dead players from the same team, a randomly chosen member of the dead players' team will be told your own allegiance by PM. Depending on your allegiance, this could be a good or bad thing.

Indigo: Use of Indigo will grant the user a glance into a world previously unknown to them. A villager would get a count of all wolves and SKs remaining in the game. A wolf would get a count of villagers remaining in the game. SK would get the choice of finding out a count of wolves or villagers. Users must beware though, because when you stare into the unknown, it can stare right back at you. You might just reveal your own allegiance to the unknown in the process of using The Indigo Sphere.
    So after proposing 6 originally, I then thought that so many would be overkill. That the 2 above powers weren't that great anyway, and we should just tighten up 4 spheres and go with the 'less is more' approach.

That's what we did, and then about 2 weeks before launch I started to consider exactly what you said above - Hold on, what if the game runs beyond day 5, we could do with something to keep it interesting. So I then changed again, and proposed a 5th sphere to Necro and QB who were well up for it and sound about my flip-flopping.

I thought about it over the following week, but decided that with all of the RVs and powered wolves in the game, there would be enough to 'keep it interesting' in those final few days. So, 4 spheres is what it would be.

However, by Friday on gameweek, I was mad to find a way to get another sphere in and not piss all over the game OP. Even if it meant reusing one of the listed 4 spheres. What about Crimson Sphere 2: The Revenge?! Anyway, it wasn't to be.

Thanks to QB and Necro for running with them and the riddles, and working hard to tweak them into something I feel worked quite well in the game.

The purpose of the riddles wasn't to try to come up with the hardest or most clever riddle - It was simply a device (relevant to the source material) to allow all players to choose whether they wanted to compete for a double-edged sphere or not. Rather than going with something random like Xth post after the Elton John song/sphere gif.

I think it worked quite well. With the easy to moderate difficulty we chose for the riddles, some players actually tackled the riddles themselves without using Google. I know because I received some wrong answers.

Necro...are you going to tell them about the Captain Trips virus? I don't even know where to start with that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

tritium wrote: »
    He had no choice, he was being raced with Phil with loser lynched and winner peeked.

Peeked ?
    Knew Ewan was the real seer that’s why I kept going on about the priest
    I would have killed Ewan

Oh you mean duffman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro...are you going to tell them about the Captain Trips virus? I don't even know where to start with that :D

.......Maybe Captain Trips is safer left on the cutting room floor, but I'll try.

Leland Gaunt's initial power was not in fact being an evil seer.

He would have been given a vial (or vile vial :P ) of Captain Trips to use on a player of his choosing at any time starting from day 1.

The Black Sphere would be tied into this as the infected player... well....

Anyone who voted for the player got infected.
    A wolf or SK that munched them got infected.
    A BG protecting them or a seer peeking them got infected.

All players would die 24 hrs later, however the Black Sphere offered the wielder the cure.

They would be able to select all but 2 players infected (they'd be provided the names, not the roles) and cure them to stop their death. The 2 players not saved would die.

But jaysus it was complicated.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Might be worth a survey to see how people's work days break up - you're talking about locking the thread over lunchtime, which should be the only legitimate game time people have without WW impacting their working lives.

Also, having breaks to work your backroom significantly benefits the wolves moreso than many villagers, most roled villagers would be working alone and can keep their Backroom in their head, on a napkin etc etc. Often it's those absences that can be telling.

Yeah my job doesn’t let me play during the day ( I was off last Wednesday ) and I’m gonna get myself in trouble so I’m gonna take a break from 12/12 games
    36 /12 open nights is the way I’d like to go I think in future

Necro looking for more anon accounts from Petr

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

On voting : Case sensitivity is a bad idea. Voting on mobile, it automatically capitalises your password in Google forms.

No lynch vote was rejected because of capitalisation. Even small errors which came up as wrong when the formula was applied were over-written and accepted.

We also had Henry's and the Loser's roles a bit differently. They were all going to get tasks. Henry would have seven and for each one he completed, we'd give the SK a name of a Loser. The five Losers not already in the room would have a task to earn the right to get in to the room. But a seven strong core Village team was too much. We decided that once IT lost a life, the Losers would lose their back room (as well as Stan dying), so it might not have been all seven who made it there in the first place, but it still would have been a too strong Village core. As Stan was the poor sucker who'd die on IT's first death we decided to give him at least some importance by trying to find an SK team member by a peek a day, while giving Henry a peek a day to find the Losers. Henry had a slightly better chance 7/29 (he'd not peek himself!) than Stan (3/29). Henry would have died with the death of IT's second life too - if, that is, IT hadn't already killed him himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

quickbeam wrote: »
    No lynch vote was rejected because of capitalisation. Even small errors which came up as wrong when the formula was applied were over-written and accepted.

But you posted in the game! About the passwords! And being careful! do you have any idea how much hair I lost in the 30 minutes or so I was worrying about this?

For the record, I had a full head of sweeping, luscious, jet-black hair on Sunday 26th, no matter what anyone tells you.

• Advertisement

But you posted in the game! About the passwords! And being careful! do you have any idea how much hair I lost in the 30 minutes or so I was worrying about this?

For the record, I had a full head of sweeping, luscious, jet-black hair on Sunday 26th, no matter what anyone tells you.

I believe you.

My call-out was to those who went way off. I'm not gonna name names. They know who they are :P

Happy to share my lynch calculator spreadsheet with the next mods by the way*. It's not perfect, but it was a step up from what I used before as it counts only valid passwords, and latest votes only, discounting any previous votes cast. It does require a drop-down on the voter question, as otherwise the formulas don't work when people forget the "WW", or use their character names or RL boards names. The downside was when people (happened a few times) selected the wrong name when voting.

* geeks only need apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Can I get a look at that please QB

Are you a geek?

I think we both know the answer to that is yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necrominus wrote: »
    I'm sad that the lynch auditor never got a chance to use their power, but that's unfortunately the game.

Hopefully some time in the future other mods might use the role again :)

But, my favorite role was Cujo, the roleblocker. I love it as a role. As much as it annoyed the village and those hit by it, I loved the reactions to it :)

Molly's reaction to being blocked was one of my favourite parts of the game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

How do people work out roles of players without reveals ? I can make theories for people being bad or good but I've never been able to confidently work out specific roles . .

Ok, a player that needs to be hit twice is an obvious one.

Wolf block power, ok you can see if its still in play or guess it but it could easily be a wolf bluffing "oh my power didn't work today" so its a theory until proven one way or another. . Or it could be a wolf power on a NRV that's still around but nobody knows . . How do you tell its gone ?

Annie, only knew when bonus bullet. .

But wolf priest or seer or other roles that cant really be identified ? How can people identify the specific roles of wolves ?

And why don't people post their summary theory notes on thread? I mean simple basic things like list of Wendy's peeks - Angus peeks - Vernons peeks - Ewans peeks etc. I didn't see anybody do that much until Liam posted all the reference posts for wendy? I find that stuff really helpful villager play . .

When people keep saying "yeh but Angus said x but Wendy said y" I find that distracting. Its only a piece of a theory. like others said its not anybodys responsibility to hold anybodys hand through this game but I thought having an easily findable reference (like I tried to do with a summary of munches, remaining people , peoples claims etc) made total village sense. .

Im only trying to understand guys, Im not suggesting there is something wrong BTW . . Help me be a better player and not go mad the next game!!! What is the secret?

Animal sacrifices to the gods has surprisingly good results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I agree with you Drumpot. Knowing the role of a player when they die is crucial information.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Drumpot wrote: »
    And why don't people post their summary theory notes on thread? I mean simple basic things like list of Wendy's peeks - Angus peeks - Vernons peeks - Ewans peeks etc. I didn't see anybody do that much until Liam posted all the reference posts for wendy? I find that stuff really helpful villager play . .

With the greatest of respect to those who survive for ages in games, I tend to find people who do as you say are the first to get killed off.

I think that Team Wolves initial gameplan was to off anyone who actually tried to collate info like that in the first few days. I forget who exactly our first munch was, but I think we went with whoever gathered the FFAs on Night 1, in a bid to remove some of that information gathering. Same on Night 2, we took who we thought was the most likely to lead the village. Think then it was Abi for Munch three? Again, when the sub happed, suddenly Abi started posting all that sort of info together, reading the game magnificently and really looked a good organizer.

On night 3, I did the FFAs. Did my best to organise them too....in a way that made it look like the wagon was behind Nigel and Eva, in a bid to calm pressure on Angus (iirc). Not sure if it worked, but I moved Frank and Vernon's name round in the vote count list too, made sure to list Nigel's name 1st on each FFA I gathered so his name obviously was repeating, and even spammed the FFAs so that it looked more and more obvious that the wagon was forming on Nigel, so everyone should jump on :pac:

Mind, that probably then led into me getting peeked too :(

So while it's helpful for others to post that sort of info, you've got to make sure to try and keep your own as well. Notes and stuff that you know are untainted by others.

Im only trying to understand guys, Im not suggesting there is something wrong BTW . . Help me be a better player and not go mad the next game!!! What is the secret?

If someone posts all that handy collated information on thread, they're trying to pocket you or they're looking useful while contributing no new information - both classic wolf plays.

If someone posts all that handy collated information and includes their own analysis, they're building a narrative that looks like it's already been signed off as fact. Well, you might as well have signed it Mr Wolf!

If someone posts only their analysis without all that information, they're clearly relying on your reluctance to trawl the thread to confirm all their citations. Guess what - WOLF!

If someone posts no analysis and no collated information, they're not contributing. You know who doesn't contribute? WOLVES!

• Advertisement

Summary post of wolf plays? Wolf.

If someone posts all that handy collated information on thread, they're trying to pocket you or they're looking useful while contributing no new information - both classic wolf plays.

If someone posts all that handy collated information and includes their own analysis, they're building a narrative that looks like it's already been signed off as fact. Well, you might as well have signed it Mr Wolf!

If someone posts only their analysis without all that information, they're clearly relying on your reluctance to trawl the thread to confirm all their citations. Guess what - WOLF!

If someone posts no analysis and no collated information, they're not contributing. You know who doesn't contribute? WOLVES!

Ha, its very hard not to look like a wolf and be helpful . . But on reflection I get it and understand something a bit more . .

That was exactly what started Liam and my tango. . I suggested that the village all post answer on thread for the sphere so that the most amount of villagers could enter the competition. I thought this was a bulletproof good village tactic that only benefited the villagers. On any level it was a good pro village move . . And Liam and somebody else went at me for wanting to "look helpful" . . It was helpful! ! I couldn't shake that for the rest of the game and it really did impact my suspicions of Liam . . I will hopefully learn from that one . .

Lord TSC wrote: »
    With the greatest of respect to those who survive for ages in games, I tend to find people who do as you say are the first to get killed off..

And now I know why the village might appear like its "not helping" . . I'm genuinely getting a lot from these answers . . . Thanks . .

And now I know why the village might appear like its "not helping" . . I'm genuinely getting a lot from these answers . . . Thanks . .

If I remember right we killed Derry because they were the only one arsed collating FFAs. Kill the bureaucracy first.

fixxxer wrote: »
    If I remember right we killed Derry because they were the only one arsed collating FFAs. Kill the bureaucracy first.

Once or twice I was munched day 1 or 2 . . I couldn't understand why . .

Now I get it, I'm actually getting worse at this game . . :pac:

Yeah, there should have been a point where you took a step back and asked yourself "If my theories are so good, why am I still alive?"

But the problem is, the easiest answer is "Because I'm so right that if they kill me they confirm every damned word I've said and we've won!" so you keep going.

Yeah, there should have been a point where you took a step back and asked yourself "If my theories are so good, why am I still alive?"

But the problem is, the easiest answer is "Because I'm so right that if they kill me they confirm every damned word I've said and we've won!" so you keep going.

Ha that’s exactly what happened... I’m so on the money with Liam they cant kill me, they have to tear me down or discredit me!!!

Once or twice I was munched day 1 or 2 . . I couldn't understand why . .

Now I get it, I'm actually getting worse at this game . . :pac:

After game chats like this are great for learning. I was killed by sKeith on day one of the Westworld game. He told me after he had me pegged straight away and was kind enough to go through my posts where I'd broadcast myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The main thing I wanna know is Who was Jack Moore in his previous life.

And IMO it wasnt a rule break, just a badly timed move.

For me I enjoyed watching from the sidelines for most of the game. Great game to see play out. Great stuff Mods.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The main thing I wanna know is Who was Jack Moore in his previous life.

And IMO it wasnt a rule break, just a badly timed move.

For me I enjoyed watching from the sidelines for most of the game. Great game to see play out. Great stuff Mods.

Google is your friend

Advertisement