Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition FEEDBACK THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Banjo wrote: »
    If someone posts all that handy collated information on thread, they're trying to pocket you or they're looking useful while contributing no new information - both classic wolf plays.

If someone posts all that handy collated information and includes their own analysis, they're building a narrative that looks like it's already been signed off as fact. Well, you might as well have signed it Mr Wolf!

If someone posts only their analysis without all that information, they're clearly relying on your reluctance to trawl the thread to confirm all their citations. Guess what - WOLF!

If someone posts no analysis and no collated information, they're not contributing. You know who doesn't contribute? WOLVES!

So......you're saying your an alpha wolf?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

fixxxer wrote: »
    If I remember right we killed Derry because they were the only one arsed collating FFAs. Kill the bureaucracy first.

Derry hasn't forgiven you for this and holds a grudge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

All the COP links we can find have been broken.

If you spot any that havent been broken, please send myself and Sully a PM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

fixxxer wrote: »
    After game chats like this are great for learning. I was killed by sKeith on day one of the Westworld game. He told me after he had me pegged straight away and was kind enough to go through my posts where I'd broadcast myself.

Yeh totally. I need some guidance , I think The last game gave me a knock and will keep an eye out here more.....

Notes from game for me:

- Do a wolf count, people hate theories that don’t end

- villagers don’t like to look overly helpful sometimes to just protect themselves

- making good suggestions can actually look wolfy - don’t take insinuations on that too personally

- if somebody is messing with you they might be just having a laugh, cause this is not the f*cking hunger games. I’m not going to actually die if I get munched or lycnhed

- spamming a thread with notes that shows you have at least been working on something does not prove you are a villager

- don’t take it personally when people don’t use that information

- Let somebody else go down “spell” rabbit holes. Always assume crazy talk is somebody having a meltdown. If people accuse you of going down rabbit holes and you accuse them of rabbit holing your rabbit hole theories, take a break for awhile. Watch gifs of gamers smashing up theirs computers - that’s probably you right now....

- Have fun. If your not having fun you’re doing it wrong. Take a break for awhile. Maybe reconnect with your family for a few hours. Ask them to fill you in on the last week.

- everything you do has “that guys wolfy as f*ck” written all over it

I have to also say I really appreciated the PM from Necro. It really helped me calm down and get over myself. Thanks again Necro.

I also find this community great with a live and let live attitude.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    All the COP links we can find have been broken.

I can still see the game on COP, I had left it open on my phone.

Is that what you mean by links? I’m guessing that’s not your problem but just in case thought I’d post....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Drumpot wrote: »
    I can still see the game on COP, I had left it open on my phone.

Is that what you mean by links? I’m guessing that’s not your problem but just in case thought I’d post....
    Any “live” links on boards, in an aid to stop spambots.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I have to also say I really appreciated the PM from Necro. It really helped me calm down and get over myself. Thanks again Necro.

Awww shucks, Drumpot - I'd have done the same for anyone I felt was under a bit of strain regarding the game tbh.

I've been in that situation a couple of times myself, as people might note.

Sometimes a quick message or word in the ear is enough to take stock for a short while, and come back with a fresh perspective.

And yeah, I agree that the community here are happy to move on and let bygones be bygones for the most part after each game.

Otherwise I'd be formally lynched at the next beers :pac::pac:

sullivlo wrote: »
    Any “live” links on boards, in an aid to stop spambots.

Ah is that basically wherever there is a link to the game on boards it needs to be deleted? Sorry I’m not very IT savvy this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necrominus wrote: »
    Awww shucks, Drumpot - I'd have done the same for anyone I felt was under a bit of strain regarding the game tbh.

I've been in that situation a couple of times myself, as people might note.

Sometimes a quick message or word in the ear is enough to take stock for a short while, and come back with a fresh perspective.

And yeah, I agree that the community here are happy to move on and let bygones be bygones for the most part after each game.

Otherwise I'd be formally lynched at the next beers :pac::pac:

I hate you all.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement

Woke up about an hour ago half asleep cause my wife’s alarm went off for her to goto the gym. She turned it off and stayed in bed. I thought “that’s wolfy behaviour I better keep an eye on that” and I dozed back off. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yeh totally. I need some guidance , I think The last game gave me a knock and will keep an eye out here more.....

Notes from game for me:

- Do a wolf count, people hate theories that don’t end

- villagers don’t like to look overly helpful sometimes to just protect themselves

- making good suggestions can actually look wolfy - don’t take insinuations on that too personally

- if somebody is messing with you they might be just having a laugh, cause this is not the f*cking hunger games. I’m not going to actually die if I get munched or lycnhed

- spamming a thread with notes that shows you have at least been working on something does not prove you are a villager

- don’t take it personally when people don’t use that information

- Let somebody else go down “spell” rabbit holes. Always assume crazy talk is somebody having a meltdown. If people accuse you of going down rabbit holes and you accuse them of rabbit holing your rabbit hole theories, take a break for awhile. Watch gifs of gamers smashing up theirs computers - that’s probably you right now....

- Have fun. If your not having fun you’re doing it wrong. Take a break for awhile. Maybe reconnect with your family for a few hours. Ask them to fill you in on the last week.

- everything you do has “that guys wolfy as f*ck” written all over it

Now go into the next game and expect all of that new information to hold true, but the exact opposite may happen. That's the beauty of this game.

Submit yourself to the madness and you'll make it through reasonably intact :p

The funniest thing for me, was the fact that you couldn't get on board with anyone's assessment of your theories, but Frank just clicked his fingers and he had you :)

And I absolutely get why. I was smiling to myself thinking of the RL relief you must have been feeling when Frank revealed as BG, I'd say it was transcending :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Aww Drummy all of that is great advice for players new and old. Sometimes it's so hard to hold onto your sanity in these games. It's the point of the game sometimes I think. Just to make you crazy and paranoid.
    And once you're in the tunnel of madness it's nearly impossible to escape. And the more people tell you you're crazy, the deeper you go. I think nearly everyone who's played this game is guilty of a tunnel or 2 so don't feel bad. You did a hell of a lot of work and I think people appreciated that, just didn't agree with your conclusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Derry hasn't forgiven you for this and holds a grudge.

You were the most important villager at the time :D

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Aww Drummy all of that is great advice for players new and old. Sometimes it's so hard to hold onto your sanity in these games. It's the point of the game sometimes I think. Just to make you crazy and paranoid.
    And once you're in the tunnel of madness it's nearly impossible to escape. And the more people tell you you're crazy, the deeper you go. I think nearly everyone who's played this game is guilty of a tunnel or 2 so don't feel bad. You did a hell of a lot of work and I think people appreciated that, just didn't agree with your conclusions.

Thanks Molly. I hope Mr Molly (ewan?) didn’t take my tunneling too bad/personally!!!

One more bit of feedback. I liked having a Place to put my notes on COP even as an NRV.

I suppose it’s some consolation that even though I lost the head I hope it’s proof that I wasn’t trying to spoil or ruin the game for anybody, I just got lost and flustered. I genuinely thought ewan and Liam were wolves and couldn’t resolve the fact they weren’t!!!

I do wonder though if mods having to make up individual backrooms for everybody isn’t a dirt load of work. Is there a way you can make it easier for yourselves by just having the same setup but using people’s actual COP accounts? I know it’s nice having characters names on COP but Just thinking if it would be easier for mods!

I dont think its too much extra work to generate NRV backrooms, tbf. There are other aspects of modding that take up a lot more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I dont think its too much extra work to generate NRV backrooms, tbf. There are other aspects of modding that take up a lot more time.

GIF sourcing for example.

Generating visitors packs as another :D

One more bit of feedback. I liked having a Place to put my notes on COP even as an NRV.

I suppose it’s some consolation that even though I lost the head I hope it’s proof that I wasn’t trying to spoil or ruin the game for anybody, I just got lost and flustered. I genuinely thought ewan and Liam were wolves and couldn’t resolve the fact they weren’t!!!

I do wonder though if mods having to make up individual backrooms for everybody isn’t a dirt load of work. Is there a way you can make it easier for yourselves by just having the same setup but using people’s actual COP accounts? I know it’s nice having characters names on COP but Just thinking if it would be easier for mods!

just to be clear Dummy, I never felt you were trying to ruin or spoil the game.
    I was defo frustrated, but that's the game!!!

• Advertisement

I agree with drummy though I think the backrooms for all could be a very handy thing for keeping notes, quotes etc. I didn't use mine this time for such as I was moving around a lot and played the whole game on the phone, but I can definitely see its use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Thanks Molly. I hope Mr Molly (ewan?) didn’t take my tunneling too bad/personally!!!

Nah he knows how the game goes so he was frustrated but just got on with it. It helped that he knew he was telling the truth and could rely on Fiona too.

OMG the backrooms were the best. I was so delighted to have one, even before I was the priest. If it's not too much effort I will be pushing hard for backrooms for everyone from now on. Even if most people didn't use them, I definitely made good use of mine (as was evidenced by the fact that I had more posts in my room than any other goodie in that game) and really missed it when I was cujo'd for the night. I just cannot do notes in a word document or on excel. I need the neatness of different threads to keep track of things. It suits my brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I just cannot do notes in a word document or on excel. I need the neatness of different threads to keep track of things. It suits my brain.

OneNote - as many or as few pages as you want, and searchable.

I experimented with a Story creator on Android this time around - set each player up as a character so you can track what you think about them individually but wasn't in long enough. If you find one that allows relational tracking of any kind, that would probably be ideal. Doesn't help if you put your Kate notes next to Orla's name either.

On the Excel front, in neatness terms you could have a front page that just listed each person's name (filtered to only show the living) and your personal Wolf ranking based on a sum of every post you flagged from them as wolfy vs every post that screamed roled villager, which you'd keep in a seperate tab. That way you just paste in the data when it appears and only really worry about the tally on the front page. Towards the end it wouldn't be very useful but certainly no harm to have early doors while there's a tonne of names in the mix, especially anon when you're starting from less that 0 (no idea who you're dealing with and a hangover from that account's previous game)

BTW, in between games, can anyone offer tips on efficient ways to do post counts or isolate a specific poster's contributions? Advanced Search filters give you the info but not in an easy to use way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

BTW, in between games, can anyone offer tips on efficient ways to do post counts or isolate a specific poster's contributions? Advanced Search filters give you the info but not in an easy to use way.

post counts, yeah, i can offer something.

make your own copy of this sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b56aCX-ofAJSLukpBGUJIQjX7ySZBq5Y-crpnOFIMSA/edit?usp=sharing

goto the post counts page, press crtl + A (select all)
    crtl + c (copy)

goto sheet 2 of sheet above
    do crtl + A (select all)
    then CRTL+ V (paste)

then goto sheet 1 for your post counts. copy and paste values somewhere else to keep a record of it.

For isolating specific posters, i dont think we have another option apart from going into the thread post count and clicking on the number of posts beside the required posters name. That will give you each of their posts, which can be sorted by earliest or latest, i think.

sKeith wrote: »
    goto the post counts page,

This is the bit I'm struggling with.
    What interface is that in? I couldn't find it in Mobile, Responsive or Full Site

This is the bit I'm struggling with.
    What interface is that in? I couldn't find it in Mobile, Responsive or Full Site

I only use full site myself, for this thread. at the bottom, click back to forum,for the thread, goto column 'replies, and click on the number, currently 146. This opens the post count window, this is the one you will do a select all and copy from.

For isolating specific posters, i dont think we have another option apart from going into the thread post count and clicking on the number of posts beside the required posters name. That will give you each of their posts, which can be sorted by earliest or latest, i think.
    or BEST MATCH, whatever the hell that means in this searching context

giphy.gif

Seriously, that little window changes the game.
    Does everyone else know about that except me? Yiz swines!

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote:
    or BEST MATCH, whatever the hell that means in this searching context

Like if I sorted your posts it would sort them in order of relevance to your personality? The computers are taking over lads :pac:

Advertisement