Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition FEEDBACK THREAD

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    I dont think its too much extra work to generate NRV backrooms, tbf. There are other aspects of modding that take up a lot more time.

Depends on how many NRVs you have tbh.

Say you have a vanilla game with 15 + NRVs.

That means 15 seperate user groups and rooms, regardless of using anon/non-anon accounts so they're all isolated.

I like the idea in theory, but when it comes to making everything invisible from the other, it can be a lot of work in larger games.
    This one wasn't so much of an issue as it was circa 9 rooms but in a game with a larger portion of NRVs, it would be a good bit of work.

Tbh, with the other stuff going on in games most of the time I'd be probably against including it in any future games but again it's a mod-specific decision.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Depends on how many NRVs you have tbh.

Say you have a vanilla game with 15 + NRVs.

That means 15 seperate user groups and rooms, regardless of using anon/non-anon accounts so they're all isolated.

I like the idea in theory, but when it comes to making everything invisible from the other, it can be a lot of work in larger games.
    This one wasn't so much of an issue as it was circa 9 rooms but in a game with a larger portion of NRVs, it would be a good bit of work.

Tbh, with the other stuff going on in games most of the time I'd be probably against including it in any future games but again it's a mod-specific decision.

Oh and just to add in relation to using people's own accounts - the mods would have to physically add all NRVs to their rooms on the day of the game once the OP goes up, which means more delays etc in getting the game running.

But not a huge issue really compared to the amount of extra user groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

For isolating specific posters, i dont think we have another option apart from going into the thread post count and clicking on the number of posts beside the required posters name. That will give you each of their posts, which can be sorted by earliest or latest, i think.

Ha nice one. . I used to think I have to type for example- poster -"Wendy WW" into advanced search section . . Is there an easy way to copy and paste that onto a thread ? I found when I tried to copy the list of names and post counts it came out all wrong. Ended up having to copy and paste to word and spend about 10 mins editing.

Another tip, if others weren't aware was you can do an advanced search, isolate the person "Wendy WW" and type in a word or thing you want to find that they said.

So if I thought wendy said "I am App seer" or had said something about the App seer but wasn't sure when, you can use advanced search to find whenever she said it on thread.

Click Advanced Search
    Search by Keyword: App Seer
    Posted by User: Wendy WW (type exact user name)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necrominus wrote:
    Oh and just to add in relation to using people's own accounts - the mods would have to physically add all NRVs to their rooms on the day of the game once the OP goes up, which means more delays etc in getting the game running.

I just think it's manageable. And can be done by creating the usergroups and assigning them to rooms, and then adding the user to their own usergroup on the day.

In games with 3 mods I wouldn't mind doing it. But then I also prefer putting the op up before the game starts. It's mod preference and your view is just as valid as mine really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That post count thing would have been super handy to know. We were eager to kill someone with 19 posts on the first night :D

• Advertisement

Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How any one uses the touch or mobile site is beyond me. Desktop site is so much handier for this game.

I remember in one of my earlier games counting each post manually to get a total post count.

I explained this on thread and was accused of playing dumb. I wasnt playing

No-one believes you BJ. Its classic beakering.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How any one uses the touch or mobile site is beyond me. Desktop site is so much handier for this game.

I remember in one of my earlier games counting each post manually to get a total post count.

I explained this on thread and was accused of playing dumb. I wasnt playing

I find the app actually quite handy at times. As opposed to desktop site it brings me to the last post I've read on thread, so if I'm driving or busy for an hour or two (unlikely, but you never know :pac:) I tend to flick to the app on mobile before I'll open the desktop site on the laptop.

Two flaws though: One is when you quote someone on the app it doesn't link to the post, second is that tables people post are a garbled mess.

But for the most part I'd be on the desktop site myself tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

fixxxer wrote: »
    That post count thing would have been super handy to know. We were eager to kill someone with 19 posts on the first night :D

I know, it's mad. It's like you're in someone's house and you say "****! I have to be in work in 15 minutes! I need to borrow your car" and they say "Sorry, all we have is this old thing" and when they open the garage door it's the ****ing batmobile.

the only fair thing to do is to take everyone who didn't know about that and stick us back in the village so we get a fair shot at it :D Someone put the kettle on and defibrillate the Mod team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That "defibrillate" remark started as a joke but given Necro has just confessed to reading Boards on his phone while driving, well... who knows.

If you can read this :
    EYES ON THE ROAD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Drumpot wrote: »
    Woke up about an hour ago half asleep cause my wife’s alarm went off for her to goto the gym. She turned it off and stayed in bed. I thought “that’s wolfy behaviour I better keep an eye on that” and I dozed back off. :o

Yeah, that’s me after most games.

Look at it as an evolution of your playing ability:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

fixxxer wrote: »

That was some massive coincidence then that both first kills had 19 posts? The odds on on two different teams coincidently choosing posters on 19 for reasons other then their posting style should be astronomical !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necrominus wrote: »
    I find the app actually quite handy at times. As opposed to desktop site it brings me to the last post I've read on thread, so if I'm driving or busy for an hour or two (unlikely, but you never know :pac:) I tend to flick to the app on mobile before I'll open the desktop site on the laptop.

If you open from notifications on the desktop and click the little icon to the left of the thread title it brings you to the first unread post aswell.

This was probably the first game I have played primarily on desktop and it was way more enjoyable and I felt I posted more. **** I love multi-quoting now! Its so villagery :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

That was some massive coincidence then that both first kills had 19 posts? The odds on on two different teams coincidently choosing posters on 19 for reasons other then their posting style should be astronomical !!!

Haha, I loved your lottery numbers probability comment during the game, in how far it was off lottery numbers probability.

at the time, i think there was 3 people on 19, but lets say it was just two.
    thats 2 out of 30 multiplied by 1 out of 29, so 15*29 = 1:435 not exactly astronomical. if there was 3 people on 19 at the time, it would be 3:30 * 2:15 = 10*7.5 = 1:75, really not huge at all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Truly the will of Ka.

duffman13 wrote: »
    If you open from notifications on the desktop and click the little icon to the left of the thread title it brings you to the first unread post aswell.

This was probably the first game I have played primarily on desktop and it was way more enjoyable and I felt I posted more. **** I love multi-quoting now! Its so villagery :cool:

Wolf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fairly funny, such a strange thing to happen when everyone is harping on about it aswell. We were hoping someone would hit 19 posts on day 2, we were gonna munch them purely for the ****s

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Wolves came very close to killing someone on 19posts for our next munch, one poster (Gabby I think and Steve another 1 away) was one post away from 19 at Munch time so we went a different way but had intended to switch if either made it to 19 just to mess with everyone. :D

QBs lynch counter excel sheet is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

QBs lynch counter excel sheet is excellent.

Stop trying to pocket QB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

The Wolves came very close to killing someone on 19posts for our next munch, one poster (Gabby I think and Steve another 1 away) was one post away from 19 at Munch time so we went a different way but had intended to switch if either made it to 19 just to mess with everyone. :D

We were gonna do that as well

I don't know how you all manage to live and play Werewolf :D There was no way as a rolled villager that I could continue. It wouldn't have been fair on the rest of the village. I would have liked to really get in to it but I felt a kind of pressure because I was Father Callaghan. In the morning I'd scroll back to read posts, scratch my head and then go do stuff. Check in real quick in the middle of the day but not have enough time to read back, have great intentions for night time but fall asleep.

There certainly was a huge amount of effort put in to creating the game and I take my hat off to you. So tell me who won? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sKeith wrote: »
    Haha, I loved your lottery numbers probability comment during the game, in how far it was off lottery numbers probability.

at the time, i think there was 3 people on 19, but lets say it was just two.
    thats 2 out of 30 multiplied by 1 out of 29, so 15*29 = 1:435 not exactly astronomical. if there was 3 people on 19 at the time, it would be 3:30 * 2:15 = 10*7.5 = 1:75, really not huge at all :D

should you also factor in what are the chances a particular player is on 19 posts as well? That would surely increase the odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

should you also factor in what are the chances a particular player is on 19 posts as well? That would surely increase the odds

That's already factored in, there was either 3 people on 19 posts, odds 1:75, or there were two people on 19 posts, 1:435.

Advertisement