Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you buy a gun easily in Dublin?

• 04-09-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭

I've been watching a show on Virgin about the Hutch, Kinihan row and a fella on there says he could buy a gun within minutes from his office. Is that really true or is he exaggerating? Dublin can't be that rough surely.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How soon do you need it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I've been watching a show on Virgin about the Hutch, Kinihan row and a fella on there says he could buy a gun within minutes from his office. Is that really true or is he exaggerating? Dublin can't be that rough surely.

They sell guns in my local centra - right next to skipping ropes, bubbles and bouncy balls.

1.99 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Depends who you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

I can offer home delivery until midnight. Free 1.5 litre coke with semi automatics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You can buy almost anything in Dublin if you have the money and know who to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

TV3. It's called TV3.

Branson b*stards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I'd sell you one, but I need to know whether you're 'Team Hutch' or 'Team Kinahan' first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

You can get a gun easily enough...the bullets will cost you your first born though.

Archeron wrote: »
    I can offer home delivery until midnight. Free 1.5 litre coke with semi automatics.

Throw in a half portion of chicken balls and you have a deal.

Up the bra!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

beertons wrote: »
    How soon do you need it?
    Depends on how soon my Mrs annoys me. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

There is or used to be an Internet cafe just opposite Connolly Station that sells (or used to sell) an array of fire arms. They may have been pellet guns for all I know but anyone could buy em.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Have you got cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It depends on who you know. I'd hazard a guess that you wouldn't have to travel more than a mile or two in Dublin to find the nearest gun to you. That doesn't mean you can get your hands on one yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

You can buy almost anything in Dublin if you have the money and know who to ask.

Only serious answer on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you're in the right place at the right time the ERU may even give you a free loaded MP7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

You can also post on boards if you have a laptop, internet connection and an account

The B!
    The B!
    The BRA!!

Up the bra!

Ye people scare me. I don't want or need a gun. I was just curious ye mad f***ers.

Ye people scare me. I don't want or need a gun. I was just curious ye mad f***ers.

Just gimme da monee!

Dya wan grenadiz too or wha! 4 for da price of 8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

You ain't fooling me that easily, Garda!

Curiosity shot the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

So many rats with contacts in the guards around...so unless you're well known and trusted you would find it difficult and would most likely be set up and handed over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I used to go to FAS on the Northside. It was a program for people who left school early. Some I don't even think got the chance to do any second-level education at all, which is sad. Anyways, there were a few lads who fancied themselves as low-level drug dealers - mainly hash I think - and I was friendly with two of them.

There's a good chance that at least one of them is still involved in some element of criminality, so I reckon I could get a piece from him if I re-established contact. And if not from him, he could certainly point me in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Yeah don't move to Dublin. It's sordid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

TV3. It's called TV3.

Branson b*stards!

richard_uk_outfit_superbowl.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Leave the gun.

Take the cannoli.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Good few guns coming in the post too. Scary how easy they are getting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I'm based in North inner city, let me tell you 1 thing, if you went looking for a gun and you had no contacts you'd either get robbed on the spot or battered.

You can't approach someone looking for a gun unless you know them, or unless you're stupid enough to take the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    There is or used to be an Internet cafe just opposite Connolly Station that sells (or used to sell) an array of fire arms. They may have been pellet guns for all I know but anyone could buy em.

That’s Cleary’s pub you’re thinking off.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm at your house with a few guns. Anto gave me your address. Prices start at €500

Please open the door.

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you're in the right place at the right time the ERU may even give you a free loaded MP7.
    I was chasing un UZI but an MP7 will do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Your Face wrote: »
    Depends who you know.

1xr5zG0D1TQgIcKiUO-i5hQ.jpeg

Star Bingo wrote: »
    richard_uk_outfit_superbowl.png

qujZwP3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

R-196191-1311368042.jpeg.jpg

R-353302-1248464934.jpeg.jpg

• Advertisement

Star Bingo wrote: »
    R-196191-1311368042.jpeg.jpg

R-353302-1248464934.jpeg.jpg

OPIPPnu.jpg
    oeEt7xz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

thebull85 wrote: »
    Good few guns coming in the post too. Scary how easy they are getting in.

How many did you get?

You'd be ripped off around 17 times before you might actually get your hands on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Up the bra!

Down with the bra surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Chewbacca wrote: »
    You can get a gun easily enough...the bullets will cost you your first born though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It depends on who you know. I'd hazard a guess that you wouldn't have to travel more than a mile or two in Dublin to find the nearest gun to you. That doesn't mean you can get your hands on one yourself.

Indeed, I think it's quite a job trying to break down the armory doors in McKee or Cathal Brugha, you might be lucky with one falling from a car around Harcourt Street though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Anyone remember yer man who tried to buy a gun on the black market and ended up being sold a starter pistol from a running track instead? Tragic fella, he’d been buying the gun to do away with himself in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

pew pew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I know a guy who bought a gun in front of me!

I know a guy who was mistaken for someone else and handed a gun in a bag, while waiting on the money and my friend looking into the bag there was a very tense 10 seconds - Not sure who got the bigger fright when brains started to click.

I pissed on a gun outside a chipper while hammered - picked it up - then realized what it was (and that i'd piss on my hands) dropped it andran, called the cops halfway home. When they got there it was gone.

All three incidents happened in kildare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anyone remember yer man who tried to buy a gun on the black market and ended up being sold a starter pistol from a running track instead?

I guess if he shot someone it would be race related.

:pac:

Advertisement