Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pull down wardrobe rail

• 04-09-2018 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭

Does anyone have a wardrobe rail that you can pull down so you can reach it easily? We were thinking of putting two rails in the wardrobe, one above the other. Would you recommend them or are they so restricted by weight limit that they are ineffective as a means of maximising hanging space. Any recommendations for suppliers of the this mechanism?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Recommend against any gas filled ones.

We used to sell them as part of fitted wardrobes but stopped as they ALL leak the gas over time and become horrible to use.
    We stopped supplying them as we wanted our product to last.
    Theres still lads out there using them, by the time the gas is gone the supplier will say "Well you have it 6 months now, its your problem"

Spring ones are reliable, but not as nice to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Sausage dog

Thanks for that, didn't realise u could get gas filled ones ....will steer clear of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 punkyy8

My partner had these in his wardrobe when he lived at home and they are absolutely brilliant. The pole was part of the rail and you'd pull it and it would come down so easily and as above wouldn't get the gas filled ones. I'm getting a walk in wardrobe done soon and will defo be getting these done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Theyre great - the guy who did our wardrobes got them from here...
    https://www.hafele.ie/en/product/pull-down-wardrobe-rail-for-internal-wardrobe-width-440-1200-mm-2004/0000007e0000fd2b00010023/
    Not sure if they deal with the public though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

I have them and I'd recommend against them unless they're necessary. They can become difficult to pull down if you've a lot of clothes on them or heavy clothes on them. I have to have them because I can't reach the rails to hang up or take my clothes down (I'm really short).

I will say that they are great for cleaning your wardrobe and organizing it because all the clothes come out essentially and for me they've been really convenient but if I didn't need them, I'd go for normal rail to maximize storage.

Mine were done by Christoff who did my wardrobes and I've had them about 10 years now and they still work perfectly fine so I would say they're reliable. http://www.christoff.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement