Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the worst thing you've been falsely accused of?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

gmisk wrote: »
    Releasing sheep into my secondary school on the last day....

I didn't, just to be clear!

That doesn't seem like a bad thing to be accused of.
    Ewe can do better that that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

About 16 years ago I was in Dublin City centre in a dark and dingy club and there was a group of lads and young ones beside us,We even chatted to them ,
     When later on out of no where some bloke walked over and gave one of the young ones a wedgey she was in a skirt so it was from her undies,, lifted her right off the ground from behind and she fell on the floor when he let go,of course he slipped off into the ground and she got up and blamed me as I was standing there right behind her like a toll watching all this , it happened so quick I didn't know what to say,
    Within about 3 seconds her fella threw a punch and it all kicked off, the bouncer where on it quick and thankfully no one was seriously hurt,
    I explained to the bouncer and her fella exactly what happened and told him to look at the cctv , I was saying to the bloke id hardly speak to you durning night and then do that, Anyway we all agreed to shake hands and enjoy the rest of the night,

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭moonage

alan1963 wrote: »
    You have a front door in your dressing gown?

I was accused of shooting an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Throwing balls and stones at traffic.
    When I went to college I ended up sharing with this guy who's let anybody stay over.
    I was at college one Monday morning and missed a call from the apartment complex and rang them back. The lady asked me why was I throwing stuff at cars on Saturday afternoon. I explained I was at a trial for a work placement but it could have being somebody else staying.
    The Gardai were involved at this stage. Needles to say I didn't get the job and having to use them as an albi alibi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Being from Tipperary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am normally guilty as charged. Still deny it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

Being a nice girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Opening the back door in my dressing gown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

When I (male) was 17 a 13 year old cousin (female) accused me of making her talk to old guys who were **** on Omegle. I recon she was caught herself and threw out the first name that came to mind, the nerdy guy in the family who spent most of his time on the computer, me. Nobody believed I didn't do it, most of the family hated me and wouldn't talk to me, I suffered a lot with my mental health as a result, nearly drove me to suicide. About a year ago when she was around 18 or 19 she admitted she made it up, a lot of family still treat me the same, like I'm some pedo or something, and my grandparents are trying to bully me into forgiving everyone and just getting over it.

• Advertisement

Once a poster accused me of having group sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Theft, Fraud, Attempted fraud, Attempting to Perverting the course of justice when I was 20.

Basically a former employer used my name for his dodgy dealings without my knowledge. Cops saw through his bull and I was only arrested and questioned about it thankfully.

He got 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

GarIT wrote: »
    ...Nobody believed I didn't do it, most of the family hated me and wouldn't talk to me, I suffered a lot with my mental health as a result, nearly drove me to suicide. About a year ago when she was around 18 or 19 she admitted she made it up, a lot of family still treat me the same, like I'm some pedo or something, and my grandparents are trying to bully me into forgiving everyone and just getting over it.

See a counsellor mate, don't let this thing eat you up. It could pester you for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Some of these stories are infuriating to read. The balls on some people.

My story is pretty ridiculous but it's funny the things that stay with you. I was around 9 and a boy in my class kicked me in the shin in the yard. He really hurt me and straight away there was a lump and a purple bruise. I was upset and told the teacher (rat).

He told her he didn't touch me and she believed him. She said there's no way a bruise would show up so quickly and I should be ashamed at myself for lying and trying to get him in trouble. I was mortified that she thought I was lying because I really liked her. She looked so disgusted at me. I still remember it :o

I kicked him back a few weeks later and got in trouble. Was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

When I (male) was 17 a 13 year old cousin (female) accused me of making her talk to old guys who were **** on Omegle. I recon she was caught herself and threw out the first name that came to mind, the nerdy guy in the family who spent most of his time on the computer, me. Nobody believed I didn't do it, most of the family hated me and wouldn't talk to me, I suffered a lot with my mental health as a result, nearly drove me to suicide. About a year ago when she was around 18 or 19 she admitted she made it up, a lot of family still treat me the same, like I'm some pedo or something, and my grandparents are trying to bully me into forgiving everyone and just getting over it.

Old folk are weird with stuff like That, they'll believe the first version of what they've heard and there's no turning them no matter the reasoning.
    Ever think of travelling? Not running away, just get some space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Missed this one. That's rough...hopefully your cousin will make things right when she grows up a bit. What do your parents make of it? Do they realise how much it has affected you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Got called into the principals office and got suspended for putting graffiti on the walls of the jack's the day before. Funny thing was, I had been at home sick for a few days previous and couldn't have done it... Still took a day off before I got it sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Teacher in school told me I wasn't very observant. But that's his or her problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Sorry to hear that, super unfortunate! Hope long did it take to get sorted?

More or less sorted that night but still very traumatic. Got an apology off them later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

My mum suffered a brain injury over 20 years ago and spent about 9 months in hospitals and rehabilitation before coming home.
    At the time, she was on pretty strong tranquilizers, pain killers and anti convulsion medication which had to be prescribed every two months which meant I had to go to our GP surgery to ask for it. In June, I spoke with my own GP who wrote out the prescription and logged it in the ledger in front of me.
    August comes around and I head into the surgery to get her prescription and, unfortunately, my GP was off. Another doctor was asked to write it out for me while I waited at the reception desk. She comes marching over and barks at me I only got a 2 month script in July. I was flabbergasted and told her it was June. She became really aggressive and shouted "Are you double-dosing your mother to keep her quiet??"
    At this point, the whole waiting area went quiet, everyone was looking at me and I burst into tears.....telling her how dare she accuse me of that. The receptionist intervened and said she remembered me coming in and it was certainly longer than 1 month since I had been. She looked at the ledger again and got red in the face, went back to her room and wrote it out for me. I can only assume she read the date wrong. I never got an apology but it sickened me against her to a degree that I would delay going to the doctors if she was the only one available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    This is more funny than bad. I got accused of throwing snow balls at an Indian chef in a takeaway

When I first saw that I read it as an Indian chief and I thought this has to be good.

Maybe time to go back to Specsavers.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

washiskin wrote: »
    My mum suffered a brain injury over 20 years ago and spent about 9 months in hospitals and rehabilitation before coming home.
    At the time, she was on pretty strong tranquilizers, pain killers and anti convulsion medication which had to be prescribed every two months which meant I had to go to our GP surgery to ask for it. In June, I spoke with my own GP who wrote out the prescription and logged it in the ledger in front of me.
    August comes around and I head into the surgery to get her prescription and, unfortunately, my GP was off. Another doctor was asked to write it out for me while I waited at the reception desk. She comes marching over and barks at me I only got a 2 month script in July. I was flabbergasted and told her it was June. She became really aggressive and shouted "Are you double-dosing your mother to keep her quiet??"
    At this point, the whole waiting area went quiet, everyone was looking at me and I burst into tears.....telling her how dare she accuse me of that. The receptionist intervened and said she remembered me coming in and it was certainly longer than 1 month since I had been. She looked at the ledger again and got red in the face, went back to her room and wrote it out for me. I can only assume she read the date wrong. I never got an apology but it sickened me against her to a degree that I would delay going to the doctors if she was the only one available.
    What.the .****
    Most unprofessional thing Ive ever heard! I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her job soon after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Girlfriend at the time caught me with some young wan from next door. I forgot that I had given her a spare key. We were bollock naked on the bathroom floor. Apparently she'd been there a while, seen the whole performance from sofa to shower, even took photos.

I still protest my innocence.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

keano_afc wrote: »
    Shared this before. Got hit from behind while driving through Dublin city centre, she was trying to overtake me, ran out of road and as she tucked in behind me, hit the back of my car. Went to court, she told a pack of lies about me cutting across her. Road layout showed that I was right, but the (female) judge believed her. I was held liable and lost a 7 years no claims bonus.

What an absolute f*cking c*nt ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What an absolute f*cking c*nt ...
    There's two of them in that story :p

Another time a bouncer accused me of taking cocaine in a night club toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I had a manager years ago who tried to fup me over a good few times.
    I called in sick one morning and he said he never received anything from me. It ended up in HR.

I knew I was at odds with him the first day I met him.
    He said I "spoke posh stuff".

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When I was 15 or so, I had a "boyfriend" who lived in England. You know the type of relationship, met on holidays and thought we were great making long distance work. I was at a party with some friends and was the only one out of us not drinking. I got chatting to a really shy lad who was also not drinking. One of my friends ended up messy drunk and the other had been sick in a sink so we figured it was time to go. I gave the guy a hug goodbye in the hallway, we exchanged email addresses (I'm old), walked outside with my friends and we made our way home.

The Monday morning, the friend I walked to school with basically mentioned that one of our other friends thought she had seen me kiss this guy and she was surprised I had cheated on my boyfriend. I told her the friend must have been confused and mixed me up with someone else etc. We bumped into said friend on our way to school and I'll never forget how I felt when she said "but scdublin, you DID kiss him, I saw you". I was so confused. I of course said I didn't and explained that I had hugged him goodbye but that was it. There was nothing i could really say to prove I hadn't when this person swore blind they saw it. I think the messy drunk friend even backed her up which again I couldn't believe because 1: it didn't happen and 2: she was so incredibly drunk there was no way she even knew where she was.

It's a scary feeling when you know you've done nothing wrong but someone is adamant you have. That was over 15 years ago now and while it was a fleeting relationship and really not a big deal, it was still hurtful to be accused of it. Years later I was reading old mails and found a mail from the guy saying something along the lines of "I can't believe your own friends are saying this and spreading it around, you need new friends! Me and you know that nothing happened so that's all that matters." He was right, I don't talk to either of those girls anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Some of these stories are infuriating to read. The balls on some people.

My story is pretty ridiculous but it's funny the things that stay with you. I was around 9 and a boy in my class kicked me in the shin in the yard. He really hurt me and straight away there was a lump and a purple bruise. I was upset and told the teacher (rat).

He told her he didn't touch me and she believed him. She said there's no way a bruise would show up so quickly and I should be ashamed at myself for lying and trying to get him in trouble. I was mortified that she thought I was lying because I really liked her. She looked so disgusted at me. I still remember it :o

I kicked him back a few weeks later and got in trouble. Was worth it.

Something similar happened to me at the start of junior infants. Teacher had it in for me from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Love in the first degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

storker wrote: »
    Love in the first degree.

Just googled it to see what year it was released, 1987.....jeepers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Opening the catflap in my dressing gown!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

This is a minor one, but probably happened around 1994 and it still annoys me.

I was about 8 and playing in a school soccer tournament. I was on goal and we had cones for goals. One of my team mates moved one of the cones to make our goal smaller. I was an honest 8 year old so put it back to it's original position. However, the teacher saw me move the cone so marched down and gave out to me and said he saw me move it. I wasn't a rat so didn't tell on my teammate. The teacher then stepped out the goal to put it back to where it was supposed to be and found it was in the right place.

I'm still annoyed over it because I was being super honest and was accused of cheating!

Advertisement