Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

SirChenjin wrote: »

Best line from that article was
    “The video, which has just been released to coincide with October being 'Psychic Awareness Month'.”

Psychic Awareness Month :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Bear Grylls is on at the same time as CBB tonight. Watch CBB first and then BG on +1?
    retro, what channel is BG on please?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Alice1 wrote: »
    retro, what channel is BG on please?

Channel 4 at 9pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Channel 4 at 9pm!
    Thanks retro. I don't know if Bear Grylls /Celebrity Island is quite my thing but I want to see the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Sally's family, predicting a sceptic's future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Def watching bear first CBB on +1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Duck Soup wrote: »

That's horrific , and she's no better imo .
    I know it's not fair to tar them all with the one brush , but sometimes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree .

And another thing , am delighted these came to air today , letting the public see what they are really like , especially after her sly "innocent" comments to Hardeep last night too , innocent me **** . Conwoman .

That she may be first out tomorrow and may her bunion get caught in the metal steps and trap her there for life..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Ok, I've got a confession to make. Sally is coming to a venue near me next month and I was planning to get tickets for myself and my mam to go see her show. Don't judge me britherers!

I know it's fake, I'm not stupid but there's still an element of comfort in it however fake, and comfort can trump reason when you're dealing with grief. :(

I was all set to book when I found out she was going in the house so I thought I'd hold off and see how she came across first. Needless to say, I've changed my mind now. Can I stay in the clique?!

Hope she is first out tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

MelanieC wrote: »
    Ok, I've got a confession to make. Sally is coming to a venue near me next month and I was planning to get tickets for myself and my mam to go see her show. Don't judge me britherers!

I know it's fake, I'm not stupid but there's still an element of comfort in it however fake, and comfort can trump reason when you're dealing with grief. :(

I was all set to book when I found out she was going in the house so I thought I'd hold off and see how she came across first. Needless to say, I've changed my mind now. Can I stay in the clique?!

I'm atheist, have no beliefs whatsoever (apart from when my horoscope tells me I'll meet my soulmate obvs), but I still very briefly considered visiting a medium when I was grieving. Sadness makes us do weird ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Mel, as Rick Astley would say, we never gonna give you up, never gonna let you go... :D

I know what you mean in a slightly different way. I'm hugely critical of "alternative medicine" as Dara O'Briain pointed out, alternative medicine that has been proven to work is called medicine! Anywho, I had some health issues and nothing was helping it. I tried a few alternative things, because even though I knew it was a load of codswallop, I was desperate.

I watched this video of Psycho Sally. The bit about pretending to be a young boy was awful. I love Myles Power, his video on the "autism cure" is bleach is so informative.

• Advertisement

I don’t judge people who attend those events at all. I worked with a girl before who was mad into them and tbh I get it. There’s a morbid curiosity in us all and I think most people go “just in case”. I’ve been tempted a few times myself before snapping myself out of it. Calling Sally an opportunistic evil cnut isn’t a judgement at all on the people who attend her shows. They are vulnerable and curious but she is the one exploiting their worst moments in life for profit. My issue is with her and people like her entirely. I suppose I feel people stopped going then there wouldn’t be an audience for it, but I don’t blame people for how they choose to handle their grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I’d love to visit a medium or psychic, I don’t do social media at all so they wouldn’t be able to find out much about me beforehand, so I’d love to see what generic bs they would come up with.

Probably the “something is interfering with my gift” excuse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

SirChenjin wrote: »

what is it with the daily mail repeating sentences multiple times within their articles?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

what is it with the daily mail repeating sentences multiple times within their articles?

I'm glad someone else noticed this. It's very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

neonsofa wrote: »
    I'm glad someone else noticed this. It's very annoying.

i honestly don't get it at all. they must think we don't get what they are saying the first time so have to repeat it again and again. the thing is their articles would be so much easier to read and take less time to read if they didn't do this nonsense.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I don’t judge people who attend those events at all. I worked with a girl before who was mad into them and tbh I get it. There’s a morbid curiosity in us all and I think most people go “just in case”. I’ve been tempted a few times myself before snapping myself out of it. Calling Sally an opportunistic evil cnut isn’t a judgement at all on the people who attend her shows. They are vulnerable and curious but she is the one exploiting their worst moments in life for profit. My issue is with her and people like her entirely. I suppose I feel people stopped going then there wouldn’t be an audience for it, but I don’t blame people for how they choose to handle their grief.

Exactly. She reminds me of the TV evangelists that make millions out of poor desperate suckers in the US.

There’s no way to stop it, but I really do wish it could be deemed illegal. She is totally riding that grey area.

Ew Sally sex reference 4048

Sorry guys

i honestly don't get it at all. they must think we don't get what they are saying the first time so have to repeat it again and again. the thing is their articles would be so much easier to read and take less time to read if they didn't do this nonsense.

It's like when I have to make the word count on assignments so I just make the same point repeatedly.

Cos they just copy and paste from article to article and don’t proof read

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

That man is completely wrong, bringing up the fact that someone is gay, way off the mark,
    Who cares if we are gay or not,

The worst is when they describe in detail the photo above a paragraph. Here you can see person in a yellow jacket while standing in a garden where the grass is green.

• Advertisement

This is why I take such umbrage at Sally and her "gift". She prays on the vulnerable. I don't mean people who are uneducated or weak in some way, but that there could be grieving families out there or people with a natural curiosity who wouldn't mind the chance at hearing from a loved one.

There is absolutely no proof whatsoever what she does is real. Science can't explain everything but it can recognise there are things out there that we can't explain yet - such as the placebo effect. We know it works but we don't know why. Or the periodic table, Mendeleev came up with it and left blanks in the table because he knew there were elements not yet discovered. For psychics, there's overwhelming proof that there's no such "gift". There is plenty of proof and courses you can take on researching people and cold reading techniques (looking for micro expressions where you through out something general & see what they react to).

So her "gift". Either Sally is:
    (1) Lying through her teeth for a quick buck
    (2) Mentally ill because she's receiving voices / visions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

And this is the "lovely" husband she constantly goes on about??

A lot of hate for Sally and Ryan on Twitter. Very good points being made like Sally manipulates people for a living so she's an expert at this but Ryan is also being a prick by roaring and shouting and not listening to Hardeep.

The choice with Sally is that she's either completely deluded, something no one can discount, or a conscious and cold blooded fraud.

I don't blame people looking for something to hold on to. I've had two bereavements this year and during the darkest of times I would have loved someone to tell the the kind of things that Sally uses to draw in the vulnerable. In fact, I probably would have paid every cent I've ever earned to hear the lies that so-called psychics tell.

So quite apart from the fact that she's a manipulative and passive aggressive liar, I'd describe Sally as an absolute vulture purely on the way she makes a living. Abusing the vulnerability of the grief stricken for financial gain, it's as low and as greedy as any con artist is.

It’s just shocking that Hardeep or Nick didn’t question her thoroughly on it. Either it wasn’t shown, or was in their contracts to not question it seeing as her lawyers seem so involved in her business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

It’s just shocking that Hardeep or Nick didn’t question her thoroughly on it. Either it wasn’t shown, or was in their contracts to not question it seeing as her lawyers seem so involved in her business.

Yeah, wasn't her storm that she was exposed as a fake by being fed info during a show? Why wasn't that brought up by anyone? I agree with Natalie actually about their "storms", that's the whole reason they were in there so they should've had to talk about them. The only ones who did I think were Nick, Dan and Chloe.

Yeah, wasn't her storm that she was exposed as a fake by being fed info during a show? Why wasn't that brought up by anyone? I agree with Natalie actually about their "storms", that's the whole reason they were in there so they should've had to talk about them. The only ones who did I think were Nick, Dan and Chloe.

Hardeep spoke about his also , lovable rogue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

What I don't get is where did this pool of people to save Sally from eviction come from? Remember, they were voting to save, so although Hardeep was more than usually annoying during the voting period, it's not like you could vote against him.

Funny enough though, I think Sally's tears were genuine, although not for the reasons she claimed. If Hardeep's claim of implicit racism by Sally had taken root in the media, then like Jade Goody, her multi-million pound career would have been killed overnight. Sally was crying for her cash and all the cash yet to be born. I hope they boo the tits off her when she leaves the house.

What I don't get is where did this pool of people to save Sally from eviction come from? Remember, they were voting to save

She’s duped 1000s of poor eejits into thinking she’s got their dead relatives on speed dial. You can be sure loads of them still love her the tragic gullible suckers.

As a few of us have pointed out too, the GBP have very questionable taste too. A lot would love her bullying and disrespect of Hardeep.

Or maybe loads of aul wans thought they were saving Larry Lamb.

What I don't get is where did this pool of people to save Sally from eviction come from? Remember, they were voting to save, so although Hardeep was more than usually annoying during the voting period, it's not like you could vote against him.

Funny enough though, I think Sally's tears were genuine, although not for the reasons she claimed. If Hardeep's claim of implicit racism by Sally had taken root in the media, then like Jade Goody, her multi-million pound career would have been killed overnight. Sally was crying for her cash and all the cash yet to be born. I hope they boo the tits off her when she leaves the house.
    She has a huge following from touring up and down the country and not just in the big cities either.

• Advertisement

What has happened to all the Sally lovers on the thread ?
    How come no one has voted for her in the poll yet ?

Did she telepathically talk to them and tell them she doesn't need our poll?

Or have they seen the light ..:p

Advertisement