Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

It’s just shocking that Hardeep or Nick didn’t question her thoroughly on it. Either it wasn’t shown, or was in their contracts to not question it seeing as her lawyers seem so involved in her business.
    I'm very vocal and would love nothing more than the opportunity to challenge, however if I was in the house, I wouldn't deliberately start. She's an older lady and it could be seen (or edited) to be picking on a poor innocent little old lady. Also, could you be bothered because you know it'd never be shown for fear of legal action from Sally (she's fierce litigious) and also, the links of Dan, Ryan & Gabby all seem to be taken in. It'd be pretty much most of the house (other then Nick) against you. Not worth it. That said, I'd totally be passively aggressively dropping in "oh I thought you would have seen that coming". :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What has happened to all the Sally lovers on the thread ?
    How come no one has voted for her in the poll yet ?

Did she telepathically talk to them and tell them she doesn't need our poll?

Or have they seen the light ..:p
    There was 2 votes for her last night when I voted (it wasn't me! I voted for Nick!)

EDIT: I'm blind. It's 2 votes for Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

wyrn wrote: »
    I'm very vocal and would love nothing more than the opportunity to challenge, however if I was in the house, I wouldn't deliberately start. She's an older lady and it could be seen (or edited) to be picking on a poor innocent little old lady. Also, could you be bothered because you know it'd never be shown for fear of legal action from Sally (she's fierce litigious) and also, the links of Dan, Ryan & Gabby all seem to be taken in. It'd be pretty much most of the house (other then Nick) against you. Not worth it. That said, I'd totally be passively aggressively dropping in "oh I thought you would have seen that coming". :D

Sure but we’ve seen Nick and Hardeep challenge many things. I thought she’d be ripe for questioning. Especially Hardeep!! Had to have been some legal threat stopping him, especially after all the digs she had on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

She has predicted that Harry and Meghan will have twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sally at home , strutting her stuff....

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Mam of 4 I love you !! Every word I agree with

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some entertainment given there is too much love in the house now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

what is it with the daily mail repeating sentences multiple times within their articles?

I don't think they are known for high class journalism :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Duck Soup wrote: »
    What I don't get is where did this pool of people to save Sally from eviction come from? Remember, they were voting to save, so although Hardeep was more than usually annoying during the voting period, it's not like you could vote against him.

Funny enough though, I think Sally's tears were genuine, although not for the reasons she claimed. If Hardeep's claim of implicit racism by Sally had taken root in the media, then like Jade Goody, her multi-million pound career would have been killed overnight. Sally was crying for her cash and all the cash yet to be born. I hope they boo the tits off her when she leaves the house.

Loose Women voters. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Candie wrote: »
    The choice with Sally is that she's either completely deluded, something no one can discount, or a conscious and cold blooded fraud.

I don't blame people looking for something to hold on to. I've had two bereavements this year and during the darkest of times I would have loved someone to tell the the kind of things that Sally uses to draw in the vulnerable. In fact, I probably would have paid every cent I've ever earned to hear the lies that so-called psychics tell.

So quite apart from the fact that she's a manipulative and passive aggressive liar, I'd describe Sally as an absolute vulture purely on the way she makes a living. Abusing the vulnerability of the grief stricken for financial gain, it's as low and as greedy as any con artist is.

i'd go with the latter personally but...

if you look at it in a cold way, sally, etc. are providing a service. if the customers of that service are satisfied & happy after meeting them, is that so bad? they get some comfort & relief from it. a bit like religion, it's a source of comfort for most believers

the worlds based on exploiting people. beauty, fashion, fitness & health all billion dollar industries built off peoples insecurities & fears

• Advertisement

What has happened to all the Sally lovers on the thread ?
    How come no one has voted for her in the poll yet ?

Did she telepathically talk to them and tell them she doesn't need our poll?

Or have they seen the light ..:p

I don't remember anyone loving Sally???

BBFAN wrote: »
    I don't remember anyone loving Sally???

I meant the eleven people who voted for her in Skippers Eviction poll on Friday against Hardeep !

Love may have been an exaggeration in how they feel about her .

Hopefully :p

ETA,
    I actually didn't think anyone would take me using the word love literally tbh , but there you go !

batistuta9 wrote: »

if you look at it in a cold way, sally, etc. are providing a service. if the customers of that service are satisfied & happy after meeting them, is that so bad? they get some comfort & relief from it. a bit like religion, it's a source of comfort for most believers

the worlds based on exploiting people. beauty, fashion, fitness & health all billion dollar industries built off peoples insecurities & fears
    I get what you are saying but if this is the case, it should be called fraud because of it's obtaining money through deception. If it was billed as a psychic reading and then in small print, "no actual supernatural abilities" then I'd agree it's a service.

I wish Sally would have this kind of epiphany

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Her show following her on the road is on now on the Real Lives channel (sky 170) if anyone wants to check it out. I'm going to watch for a while for the laugh. On till 9 tonight.
    Tbh the thing I'm most fascinated with is how different she looks since she lost all that weight.

tupenny wrote: »
    Mam of 4 I love you !! Every word I agree with

Thanks Tupenny , remind me again how much I paid you to say that ;)
    :D

batistuta9 wrote: »

It's false comfort provided for profit. I see where you're coming from but people who prey on the bereaved and grief stricken aren't just exploiting someone, they're exploiting them by manipulating their grief at possibly the most vulnerable time in their lives, for personal gain.

As you say some people may get comfort from that, which would delight the likes of Sally as it turns them into a repeat customer and a cash cow for the fraud. There is the further immorality of it being a crutch that may prevent the bereaved from moving forward in the process and becoming stuck in Prolonged Grief or Complicated Grief. A step above the usual exploitation or manufacture of insecurity. "Is your body bikini ready?" Vs "Visit me weekly for messages from your dead loved one". It is in the frauds interest to prevent the bereaved person from overcoming or moving on from grief, and I'm sure has caused massive psychological damage in the vulnerable over the years.

As services go, it's a pretty shabby and hollow one based on lies. If there is a hell, I hope there's a special place in it for vultures like Sally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Candie wrote: »
    The choice with Sally is that she's either completely deluded, something no one can discount, or a conscious and cold blooded fraud.

I don't blame people looking for something to hold on to. I've had two bereavements this year and during the darkest of times I would have loved someone to tell the the kind of things that Sally uses to draw in the vulnerable. In fact, I probably would have paid every cent I've ever earned to hear the lies that so-called psychics tell.

So quite apart from the fact that she's a manipulative and passive aggressive liar, I'd describe Sally as an absolute vulture purely on the way she makes a living. Abusing the vulnerability of the grief stricken for financial gain, it's as low and as greedy as any con artist is.

Completely agree. Preying on people's vulnerability, using their tragedies and losses to make money out of them is what she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Ryan has this cinematic story playing in his head where he was life and soul of the party until being wrongly accused. Triumphantly vindicated and exonerated, he went on to scale even greater heights of popularity in its aftermath. Then, seeing Sally horribly slighted by the evil Hardeep, Ryan - fearless protector and champion of women in case anyone was still in doubt - had it out with Hardeep. And not in the same way as Rodrigo had it out with Dan. Or a frozen chicken.

Sally knows she's not going to win but being a finalist is something of an endorsement of her and its weeks of free publicity. If I was her, I'd be sponsoring every funeral in the country when I got out.

I meant the eleven people who voted for her in Skippers Eviction poll on Friday against Hardeep !

Love may have been an exaggeration in how they feel about her .

Hopefully :p

ETA,
    I actually didn't think anyone would take me using the word love literally tbh , but there you go !

It was a genuine question, no need whatsoever to be so sarcastic.

I know you didn't mean the word love literally but I don't remember anyone even liking Sally. Anyone who voted for her was purely anti Hardeep not pro Sally.

BBFAN wrote: »
    It was a genuine question, no need whatsoever to be so sarcastic.

I know you didn't mean the word love literally but I don't remember anyone even liking Sally. Anyone who voted for her was purely anti Hardeep not pro Sally.

I never implied it wasn't a genuine question , that's why I said about the poll ?

Nor was I being sarcastic in my comment about been taken literally in my choice of words .

I understand what you are saying about people voting for Sally as they disliked her less than Hardeep , that's understandable, if it were me though I'd vote for neither of them if I disliked them both .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi guys, surprised that there’s so many posts still in here considering the show ended on Friday with Hardeep as the winner xoxox

And now the thread goes quiet , everyone waiting to see what the next post is going to be .. tell me I'm right , channelling Sally here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Hi guys, surprised that there’s so many posts still in here considering the show ended on Friday with Hardeep as the winner xoxox

Just discussing the build-up to civilian BB! We're all so excited. Hopefully, there'll be a winner equally as deserving as Hardeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bear Gryls or CBB ? Not sure which to watch and which to record ? Decisions decisions .

I didn't vote in the poll cos I hate them both !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

So is there no BOTS in the house as night before final?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Also thanks to all who showed up for the paint party today..

Yeah as usual in this house it was a party for one:D

jluv wrote: »

Seeing as you're now an expert, want to come around to mine to help sand and varnish a wooden door? Pretty please :D

jluv wrote: »

Got lost on the way and ended up in Ballygobackwards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

MelanieC wrote: »
    Her show following her on the road is on now on the Real Lives channel (sky 170) if anyone wants to check it out. I'm going to watch for a while for the laugh. On till 9 tonight.
    Tbh the thing I'm most fascinated with is how different she looks since she lost all that weight.

She is far more psychic in this show than on CBB...

• Advertisement

You know what this thread needs...

Advertisement