Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2018 (4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Miss the furious posting in this thread .
    Username checks out :D

EnlightenedWarmheartedAlligatorsnappingturtle-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Candie wrote: »
    In all the weeks I've read this thread, I thought Dan's storm was something to do with being photographed with Gabby. I never realized he'd threatened a woman like that or called her his property or any of that stuff there. Yuck.

That said, he came across well on CBB and I don't know the context but you just don't threaten to knife the mother of your child. :(

I thought the same as you Candie, I thought it was an 'alleged' encounter with Gabby, never knew about how violent he was to his partner until I read it on here...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

wyrn wrote:
    Username checks out 

deffo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Mam of 4 wrote:
    That's it , Danielle Llyod i think . Jade was the polar opposite to Shilpa Shetty , in every sense . It was horrible what happened but I can't help having a soft spot for Jade , I think her ignorance/innocence about different things were part of her charm imo .

Mam , I always liked jade too , was so sad when she passed away .The whole Shilpa thing was blown out of proportion imo .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I thought the same as you Candie, I thought it was an 'alleged' encounter with Gabby, never knew about how violent he was to his partner until I read it on here...

Yet it is true, all over the net... Scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The whole Shilpa thing was blown out of proportion imo .

to an extent, yes . however, it was completely understandible that it was so, given bb didn't clamp down on it quick enough. there was no doubt it was bullying, so bb had multiple reason and opportunity to clamp down a lot earlier. had bb stopped it quickly then things wouldn't have happened as they did.
    that incident made bb scared of absolutely everything as offcom came down on them very hard over it (for better or worse) (rightly or wrongly) hence we now have the sanitized bb, so their slow inaction caused problems for the show long term.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Maybe I am just old but I found Rodrigo offensive from day one .His use of the N word and making Ben expose his bits etc .I didnt like him at all . But this latest news is disgraceful .Just imagine if it was a girl he had sexually assaulted ? I dont understand Dan covering up for him at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Tbf he wasn't physically violent towards her, seems it was all verbal.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Maybe I am just old but I found Rodrigo offensive from day one .His use of the N word and making Ben expose his bits etc .I didnt like him at all . But this latest news is disgraceful .Just imagine if it was a girl he had sexually assaulted ? I dont understand Dan covering up for him at all .

I agree with you but maybe Dan has a bit of empathy because he knows what it's like to do something you regret whilst drunk?

BBFAN wrote: »
    I agree with you but maybe Dan has a bit of empathy because he knows what it's like to do something you regret whilst drunk?

I know what you are saying but Rodrigo had that potential for badness in him in my opinion . He seemed not to have filters to stop him .And drunk is never an excuse .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tbf he wasn't physically violent towards her, seems it was all verbal.

And verbal/mental abuse if it happens repeatedly , robs the person of who they are until they end up as just a shell , robbed of their confidence, fearful of what will be said next . .

Mam of 4 wrote:
    And verbal/mental abuse if it happens repeatedly , robs the person of who they are until they end up as just a shell , robbed of their confidence, fearful of what will be said next . .

Oh I know I agree. But the post I answered said Dan was violent. I'm just saying he wasn't. And there's never been any suggestion even by his ex that this was anything but a one off incident, horrific though it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh I know I agree. But the post I answered said Dan was violent. I'm just saying he wasn't. And there's never been any suggestion even by his ex that this was anything but a one off incident, horrific though it was.

I just meant that verbal abuse can be as damaging and have long lasting effects, the same as being violent towards someone, they are both as horrific and soul destroying as each other in my eyes .
    We'll never know if it was a one off or the thousandth time it happened tbh , as most people will never admit to it happening to them .

Just my opinion on it though :)

Verbal abuse is mental violence and very damaging

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

BB has officially been cancelled by Channel 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'm glad, Channel 5 were just going through the motions with the show.

Hopefully it'll be picked up by another network, or online platform, that will inject some new life into it.

https://twitter.com/endemolshineuk/status/1040547295752867840

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not bothered....

giphy.gif

I reckon ITV2 could pick it up. They do all those other trashy shows like Love Island and other rubbish. Even if they done away with the civilian series and just had the “celebrity” version once a year, twud be grand. As long as a show is still making headlines and trending on social media I think it’s madness to cull it completely. A lot of stations will be interested in engagement figures and this series was huge news so someone will pick it up anyway.

So ya, as I was saying. Not boddered.

whyyyy-gif-9.gif

Btw how good is that scene when Matthew Mc Conaughey is crying in Interstellar <3

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Btw how good is that scene when Matthew Mc Conaughey is crying in Interstellar <3

Ah way too long of a film. Brilliant actor though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

So many BB threads active, I'm lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh I dunno. Maybe I’ll watch the civilian one now. Ugh it’s such a huge commitment though. What are you doing Anna???

I might tune in tonight but beyond that I don’t think I’ll watch it! It’s on too late for me on weekdays. If I wanted to see what regular losers devoid of any talent got up to on a daily basis, I would just look in the mirror

Ive the house to myself this evening and no one to talk to apart from my cat so might as well spend the evening drinking wine and watching BB with my internet friends. I agree about it being on too late, even a 9pm show is a bit late for me at time :o

Plus with Mack of trekking the Andes this month you’ll need something to keep you company

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I'm off on holidays next week so wasn't going to bother with BB beyond tonight but now its the last one I feel I have to watch as much as possible. Meauldsegosha member of the sad losers club.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone following this thread over in tgc?
    Might read it later.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057908124/1/#post107994707

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Is it not on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    Is it not on tonight?

Celebrity Big Brother finished on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Sorry wrong thread! Was talking about civilian BB!

Advertisement