Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why did you pick your user name?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My sport is Judo, I fvcking LOVE Judo.. Well Makikomi is a technique in Judo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

I like to make people feel nice before I kill them, I may appear to be a friend but that's not always the case. Pancuronium is a muscle relaxant. It is used in euthanasia and the second of three drugs administered during lethal injections.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

I’m an Assistant Regional Manager/part-time beet farmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Rawr

hqdefault.jpg

For some damned reason I could never mimic Homer's "Sexy Growl" sound, and so any attempt I made ended up sounding like:

"RrrrAWWWrrrr"

...so I stuck with that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

I love cheesy 80s films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I grow roses but someone else picked rose grower before me and I was in a hurry to register and buy a pellet gun.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

'Micky' was taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I am who I say I am

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Because I lift. Do you lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Because I lift. Do you lift?

Does lifting pies count?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I picked mine because the sign-up process required me to pick one

German thinks its just another Sherman and then shouts ‘scheisse’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Tuco88

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I was reading Flann O'Brien (and still am, a livelong pleasure) and this name, one of his characters, made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Coz I'm only gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Mine's an anagram of Evan Dando. Back in the primordial swamp that was the early internets, chatboards such as this had yet to evolve, so in my search for intelligent life with which I might converse, I eventually stumbled across an online messageboard for devotees of the wondrous Teenage Fanclub - a fanclub, I suppose, some of which's members were probably teenaged to boot. Anyhoo, I was a big Fannies (as they were known) fan, so I was delighted to make the acquaintance of these people.

It quickly became apparent, however, that nearly all of them, in addition to being stupendous followers of the Fannies, were also spectacularly humourless. So one day, when Mr. Dando was being discussed for some reason, I was childishly delighted when an early precursor of the comedy totem that is the internet punfest broke out: we started re-arranging 'evan dando' into silly names. By any standards, this was infantile, puerile stuff: but we were like the apes learning how make a stick into a weapon in 2001: A Space Odyssey, when it came to internet humour back in the late 90's.

Anyway, I ended up typing Dave D. Anon, we all chuckled ourselves sick, and then went back to discussing which of TF's THREE songwriters was the greatest- McGinley, Blake or Love.

Plus, it's my real first name. (First four letters anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I don't know my name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I was playing Tom Clancy's 'Splinter Cell' on the original XBOX at the time...

http://splintercell.wikia.com/wiki/Third_Echelon

http://jackryan.wikia.com/wiki/Third_Echelon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My favourite magazine and sport :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

In hindsight, the only answer to this question is that it was a requirement to join boards.ie
    I feicin' love your name! :)

'Cos I'm a misstearheus girl. Woah Woah Woah....... I had intended to pick a new name at every thousand posts. Just to let the oule hair down. :pac: Don't know what I'm gonna call myself next! At this precise moment in time I am eating a Crunchie Bar. So I might go with Crunchiebar. Or perhaps Peoplewatcher. I love People-watching. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

^ ah now I finally understand your username!
    Peter Andre fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

So many people are so wrong about so many things, I feel it is my moral duty to put them right. This I do by keeping things real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Shortly before I signed up on here, my wife was at a function and another woman was trying to place her husband (me!), and she said "is he the guy with the gravelly voice" which my missus found hilarious and it stuck in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I play video games and support Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

I've been told, I'm full of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I love Bertie but every time someone says or posts his name he gets a brown envelope so my name epitomises everything he stands for without him getting a brown envelope he's a durty burty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

A homage to a sharp dressed columba livia, above other columbiformes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Every username I tried had been taken.
    I was driving a Hi-lux Invincible at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The variety of interpretation in renaissance art of the Roman myth of Lucretia and Tarquin is terrific and endlessly fascinating, some painters choosing the rape to tell the story, others, her suicide. The rape ones are the key ones though, portraying the core of the myth and having more dramatic scope, as well as being the most thought provoking on the excesses of tyrannical power and empire. Gentileschi, Cagnacci, Titian, Botticelli, and many more.

Gentileschi-Lucrezia-Potsdam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sam is my dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So many people are so wrong about so many things, I feel it is my moral duty to put them right. This I do by keeping things real.

Or maybe they just have a different opinion on things compared to yours, and who gets to decide what's right or wrong?

Spur of the moment thing. One partner is freelance and makes our family tax returns mad complicated - I was doing stuff of that nature when I signed up to boards. And hating every piece of Irish tax law I turned the word "Tax accrual" into "cruel" because that is how it felt. Then added AH as in "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" not as in "After Hours".

Boring but usefully unique. Though someone did once join the forum as taxAHgruel and then never posted. Always wondered that the intentions were there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Eric Cartmans christian rock group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭victor8600

"Victor" was already taken and I had just bought this nice powerful laptop: Dell Inspiron 8600.

By the way, that laptop (14 years ago) had the WUXGA resolution (1920×1200) for its 15.4" screen. Most popular desktop monitors today at 24" have the pitiful 1080 line horizontal "Full HD" resolution :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

It was the model of laptop I was using at the time I registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Sign up form kept telling me my name didnt match username guidelines, but it did not specify any guidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

The variety of interpretation in renaissance art of the Roman myth of Lucretia and Tarquin is terrific and endlessly fascinating, some painters choosing the rape to tell the story, others, her suicide. The rape ones are the key ones though, portraying the core of the myth and having more dramatic scope, as well as being the most thought provoking on the excesses of tyrannical power and empire. Gentileschi, Cagnacci, Titian, Botticelli, and many more.
    Samsgirl wrote: »
    Sam is my dog.

From one extreme to the other in two adjoining posts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Sam is my dog.

Is this the fella who had the liver op?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Producer of sustainable, fair trade Cola soft drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Cos I haven't broken my pledge.

• Advertisement

Agricola wrote: »
    Producer of sustainable, fair trade Cola soft drinks.

Oh, so it’s not from the Latin lesson near the start of Dead Poets Society?

You learn something new everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Refresh

Kept pressing f5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

My girlfriend says my flacid pee-pee resembles a gherkin hence the nickname Dick Pickle ! Why did you pick your name ?

Ha ha !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ^ ah now I finally understand your username!
    Peter Andre fan?

Nah not a Peter Andre fan just a mysterious girl. :) But yay at least one person it worked on! Woohoo! :D:pac: I love your name too btw. Were ya there trying to put on German and Chinese etc. accents wondering what in the heck misstearheus was. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I keep reading your name as "miss heart oos". Even though I know it's mysterious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

My name mixed with my love of blowing sh¦t up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

I’m very very very clever.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I’m very very very clever.

So clever it took 15 months to find this thread....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

I couldn't afford a real palindrome. Also, Professor Genius was taken.

Advertisement