Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bailey point internet?

Options
  • 04-09-2018 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Does anyone know the best internet provider in the area, specifically for the Baily Point apartments? I’ve checked Eir, Virgin, Sky, Vodafone etc and the best line speed is 8MB from Eir, which means none of them offer a tv service. Surely I’m missing something. Virgin’s customer care (via web chat) say they don’t service the area. I really thought the UPC would have been in this area back before the takeover.

Any assistance would be a help. Personal experience would be great. Please note, I’m going to pop this into one of the other a Baily Point threads so apologies if duplication is forbidden.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from unrelated Bailey point thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anyone know the best internet provider in the area, specifically for the Baily Point apartments? I’ve checked Eir, Virgin, Sky, Vodafone etc and the best line speed is 8MB from Eir, which means none of them offer a tv service. Surely I’m missing something. Virgin’s customer care (via web chat) say they don’t service the area. I really thought the UPC would have been in this area back before the takeover.

Any assistance would be a help. Personal experience would be great. Please note, I’m going to pop this into one of the other a Baily Point threads so apologies if duplication is forbidden.

You could try and pop into the businesses on the ground floor and ask them who their provider is.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

@bredabe - thanks very much. I will do this.

@biko - how is this unrelated? This is about the apartments and their supply of internet services. Just because it’s not about the bricks and mortar or it’s legal complications doesn’t mean it’s not related.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Seeing as there has never been any business of any sort on the ground floor since the place was built that may prove quite difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

westgolf wrote: »

Seeing as there has never been any business of any sort on the ground floor since the place was built that may prove quite difficult.

There is a Physiotherapist on the ground floor. So at least one business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

westgolf wrote: »

There is a Physiotherapist on the ground floor. So at least one business.

I'm pretty sure there are some others too, down the same lane you go to get to the physio. They may not have public offices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

I’ve actually discovered that Virgin Media can service the the apartments. A little complication in the spelling of the Baily Point and Bailey Point. The apartment is registered as both on their systems whereby one can receive all their products and the other can’t. Eircode has it registered as Baily Point. Virgin Media have it as Bailey Point. Query solved. Thanks for the assistance all the same :)

Advertisement