Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop or Cafe Oaklawn West - Leixlip

Options
  • 05-09-2018 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas what is opening up where The Marion shop used to be? I heard someone say it will be a Spar while someone else said a deli/cafe. There is a lot of work going on at the moment. I'd prefer a deli/cafe over a shop, something different for the area.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I doubt that a cafe would be sustainable. Not even convinced that the ones in the
    Would a newsagent/convenience store be sustainable (I assume a hign selling price)?

Looking at the KCC planning list, I see nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Three cafes have opened in Leixlip in the last few months: one beside Paddy Power on Main St., one opposite the Post Office in Leixlip Shopping Mall, and one on Captain's Hill where Stitchin' Time used to be (beside the flower shop). We've gone from none to possible over supply in a short time, so I doubt it's another cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

n97 mini wrote: »
    Three cafes have opened in Leixlip in the last few months: one beside Paddy Power on Main St., one opposite the Post Office in Leixlip Shopping Mall, and one on Captain's Hill where Stitchin' Time used to be (beside the flower shop). We've gone from none to possible over supply in a short time, so I doubt it's another cafe.

The sign is up on the unit now, it's a Cafe/Market called Hutt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Davexirl wrote: »
    The sign is up on the unit now, it's a Cafe/Market called Hutt.

As there's no planning application for it (change of use) I'd say it'll be a shop with a small coffee area.

Advertisement