Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinet to House cable upgrade?

Options
  • 05-09-2018 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Eir advertise that 1000mb Broadband is available in our village. Advertising signs all over the place, yet when you call they say that the cable from the cabinet to the house is only capable of 30mb maximum.

Is there a way to get the cable upgraded from the cabinet to the house? What does it cost if it is possible?

The cabinet is about 200 meters from the house if not less.

Any help here would be great as I'm out of contract with Sky and wont sign up with Eir on false promises of 1000mb becoming available as they have done in the past on numerous occasions. At this stage it is too much of a hassle going through the conversation on the phone with each person you speak with if you are lucky enough to get through on the phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

IHi Coco111,

Thanks for getting in touch. Lines are not laid as the crow flies and may take different routes from the cabinet before it reaches your home so the distance from the cabinet to your home could be more than 200 meters hence the reduction in speeds. If you would like to PM me with your address and eircode I can check our roll out map and advise you further on  possible upgrades in your area.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement