Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler service and similar

Options
  • 05-09-2018 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭

Would the expectation be that a Gas Boiler servicing cost be covered by the landlord or the tenant ?

I would initially think landlord but by my reckoning the main benefit of a service is to make the boiler more efficient and save on energy costs , which belong to the Tenant .

Surely then a land lord would only need to service it enough to ensure it does not break down or pose a safety risk and not at the recommended 18 month interval from Bord Gas .

thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭wildwillow

As a landlord I've always taken it to be my responsibility to service anything which needs it. I use professionals who I trust and know it's done regularly.

On occasion when tenants have run the oil tank dry and cannot restart the boiler, I sometimes recoup the charge for restarting and maybe flushing the system as it is their fault.

I would certainly adhere to the service interval suggested by Bord Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

isnt gas boiler servicing a legal requirement for the landlord

dont they have to provide you with a gas safety certificate ?

Advertisement