Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card limit query

Options
  • 05-09-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking to pay 6.5k college fees soon but my credit card limit is 4k and the limit on debit card transactions on the university payment portal is 1.5k, I also don't want to go down the SEPA transfer route as that will take a few days longer to clear and want to have my receipt immediately.

Can I transfer 2.5k to my credit card (balance is currently 0 on the credit card) and pay the 6.5k in one swoop that way?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Underground

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Yes you can transfer 2.5k onto the Credit Card using BOI365 Online and make the full payment of 6.5k

Just to mention, if you transfer the funds as mentioned above today before the payment cut off time of 3.30pm it will take overnight to go onto the Credit Card.

Hope the information helps,

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

That's great, thanks Alison.

Advertisement