Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Research - Options

Options
  • 05-09-2018 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Anyone experience in market research and how to go about conducting same within a specific industry (a trade industry).

Engaging a market research company would be expensive i.e. not likely to be an option. I've contacted a couple of trade publications, and while they are considering it they have GDPR and some industry bias concerns.

I've also contacted a trade association, but heard nothing back as yet.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

At the end of the day, you talk to as many people as you can and get as many questions answered as you can.

If you don't have a list of people, the first step is to build the list. It's mainly time-consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i have a market research company pm nd or ask here i dont mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

If you don't have a list of people, the first step is to build the list. It's mainly time-consuming.

Thanks,

I'm looking to move it beyond our own customer base, but to also those in the general industry to get their opinions. They would be less accessible for us.

We could survey our own customer base, but would like to widen the scope.

How do you expect a market research company to do this, except by ringing up people they don't know?

How do you expect a market research company to do this, except by ringing up people they don't know?

Was hoping to avoid a MR company, but partner with those already working with the wider trade community.

• Advertisement

That will work, but it will be expensive. Everybody has to be paid for their time and expertise.

That will work, but it will be expensive. Everybody has to be paid for their time and expertise.

Would imagine cheaper than an actual MR company, but payment would of course be part of it.

I think it will come down to money to get trade associations or publications to do market research on your behalf. It is either worth their while or it isn't.

I think it will come down to money to get trade associations or publications to do market research on your behalf. It is either worth their while or it isn't.

They would only be the conduit, if they were the open to it, rather doing the leg work.

Advertisement