Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handyman for box room renovation

Options
  • 05-09-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a local handyman that would have good ideas about how to organise a box room into a home office that still functions as a bedroom.

I live in Knocknacarra.

Maybe a carpenter/all rounder with some good design ideas. I also have other opportunities for the right person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

gandroid wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a local handyman that would have good ideas about how to organise a box room into a home office that still functions as a bedroom.

I live in Knocknacarra.

Maybe a carpenter/all rounder with some good design ideas. I also have other opportunities for the right person.

If you find someone with craft skills plus a creative side you will be doing extremely well. The Ikea catalogue would be a good start. I would of thought you just need a desk that allows you to easily tidy stuff away - maybe one built into a wall shelving unit.

If you find someone good they will probably be booked up for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I'm currently considering a similar project and have come across this:

http://www.wallbeds.ie/wallbedDesks.html

Pinterest is also good for ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

This guy knows a thing or too about decorating box rooms.

https://avondhupress.ie/thinking-outside-box-bosco/

Not too busy at the moment either.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

This guy knows a thing or too about decorating box rooms.

https://avondhupress.ie/thinking-outside-box-bosco/

Not too busy at the moment either.

Hilarious. Any good yourself? You seem to have lots of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Discodog wrote: »
    If you find someone with craft skills plus a creative side you will be doing extremely well. The Ikea catalogue would be a good start. I would of thought you just need a desk that allows you to easily tidy stuff away - maybe one built into a wall shelving unit.

If you find someone good they will probably be booked up for months.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking at IKEA. I might have a bash at it myself.

The reason for the post was to ask for suggestions. Maybe there is somebody out there. Maybe they are booked for months as you said. Maybe they're not. Just asking the question. I would have thought that's what the idea was here on boards! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement