Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for shortening cycle?

Options
  • 05-09-2018 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for shortening my menstrual cycle.
    I went off the pill in January (was on it for over 10 years) and I have had long cycles ever since.

In fact I had a normal 28-30 day cycle at first but the last 3-4 cycles have been over 40 days.

I am currently on day 32 and I don't think I have even ovulated yet. I had a positive OPK on Sunday, I thought I felt Ov pains on Monday afternoon/evening but I have been temping and I have not had a significant change in temp yet. I thought I would have had a jump in temp yesterday morning or this morning (Wed) at the latest. Last cycle I had a jump which clearly showed I ov'd.

Hopefully I do ovulate in the next few days. But nonetheless I am still worried about the long cycles. Is there anything I can do to try and shorten them or should I just bite the bullet and go to the doctor?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mazwell

I was the same when I came off the pill in October, my cycles were initially around 30 days then could range from 35 to nearly 50. From March onwards they settled down to a 30 day cycle and I conceived in July but unfortunately miscarried at 7 weeks. So it might just take time for your cycle to regulate especially after such a long time on the pill. Obviously I'm only talking from my own personal experience, your gp is the best bet for reassurance

Advertisement