Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show London 12th October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ambblowin

Have these tickets now been allocated...anyone know anyone who got one!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ambblowin wrote: »
    Have these tickets now been allocated...anyone know anyone who got one!?

I'd say they have being by now unless they give away some on the radio during there week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Maybe invitation only ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

A Ryan Tubridy show is not worth bringing to the local parish hall. This is a ridiculous waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Late Late Show will be in in London on the 12th October. Some here might like to apply for tickets. Just thought I'd let ye know.

https://www.rte.ie/tv/audience-participation/2018/0904/991591-the-late-late-show-london-special-audience-application/

So who is lined up as "guests" for this week's big London show :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So who is lined up as "guests" for this week's big London show :rolleyes:

No idea, I would have thought Dara O'Brien would have been in the top 5 ideal Oirish guests based in London that might appear but he was only on the show last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd say Imelda May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I'd say Imelda May

Correct! Ryan also just confirmed on his radio show...

Graham Norton
    Alastair Campbell
    Eamonn Holmes
    Nigel Farage :O
    Finbar Furey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Graham Norton
    Alastair Campbell
    Eamonn Holmes
    Finbar Furey

Hmmm, watch Graham Norton being interviewed, or watch him interviewing on the Beeb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

So the usual suspects, Campbell Forage and "celebrities"
    No sign of anyone who has made a good contribution like Sean Mulryan of Ballymore top class medics like the Irish surgeons, doctors, nursing staff in Great Ormond St who looked after the joined twins, top Irish people in the education, hotel business.
    No just a gob****e like Forage, Blairs apologist etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Another wasted chance to bring something new with the view to maybe doing the show from London a few times a year.

Tubbs said on his radio show that having Farrage there was for debate. Why do we need debate on a light entertainment show? How about show the best of Ireland that happens to live in London and makes contributions to every day society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Edgware wrote: »
    So the usual suspects, Campbell Forage and "celebrities"
    No sign of anyone who has made a good contribution like Sean Mulryan of Ballymore top class medics like the Irish surgeons, doctors, nursing staff in Great Ormond St who looked after the joined twins, top Irish people in the education, hotel business.
    No just a gob****e like Forage, Blairs apologist etc

Seriously, who wants to listen to them.

Can you name any other chat show that interviews doctors, teachers and hotel workers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously, who wants to listen to them.

Can you name any other chat show that interviews doctors, teachers and hotel workers?
    This show is supposed to be about the links and contribution that Ireland has made to the U.K.
    It's not your usual Friday night ****e. I have no doubt that many many viewers would find this interesting with the exception of the "z list celebrity" obsessed clowns who want some ****wit out of Eastenders to come on and tell us how the love 'aarland'
    Shouldn't you be queuing for donuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

I wonder will Louis Walsh pop in as a surprise.

and Westlife to mention there upcoming reunion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This show is supposed to be about the links and contribution that Ireland has made to the U.K.
    It's not your usual Friday night ****e. I have no doubt that many many viewers would find this interesting with the exception of the "z list celebrity" obsessed clowns who want some ****wit out of Eastenders to come on and tell us how the love 'aarland'
    Shouldn't you be queuing for donuts?

You're still going to need celebs on it to attract viewers.

You sound like you want more of a "Nationwide" in London show.

Don't get the donuts reference?

dball wrote: »

I expect them to get a special dedicated tribute show at some stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

I'm delighted to see Tubbers sent off on a mini break to London all paid for by the tv licence payer, is this the big shake up he was talking about? going to london to interview the same carousel of people imelda may, alister campbell etc

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

I applied for 2 tickets as soon as it was made public in early September so i thought i had a chance,I read that over 10,000 applied for tickets so i soon realised that as i had as much chance of winning the lotto,I got 2 emails back 3 weeks later the first one asking me to confirm if i still wanted to attend so i confirmed that i did,the next day the second email came saying that my application was safely recieved and we are currently processing applications,If you are succesful you will recieve an e-ticket in the week of the 1st of October.As you may have guessed i have not heard another thing since,what is the point of takink over 10,000 applications for 1000 places or less,Looking at the line up i am more relieved that i am not going now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Guests include:

Nigel Farage
    Graham Norton
    Brendan O’Carroll
    Laura Whitmore
    Barry McGuigan
    Mick McCarthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

No sign of anyone who has made a good contribution like Sean Mulryan of Ballymore

Nah, I wouldn't be interested in seeing Irish Property Developers based in Ireland on the show, and I'm not interested in seeing Irish Property Developers based in London.

I'm not too familiar with this man, lets have a look at his wiki page
    His friends include the athlete and politician Seb Coe and Bono, the singer in the Irish pop group U2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Mulryan

Ooh, he's a friend of Bono, from the pop group U2. Maybe he could bring Bono along, if he isn't at a pop concert that night. Maybe they could do the show from Bono's house! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

paulie21 wrote: »
    Guests include:

Nigel Farage
    Graham Norton
    Brendan O’Carroll
    Laura Whitmore
    Barry McGuigan
    Mick McCarthy

Good line up, actually a great line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That's two weeks in a row The Carter brothers have not been on? Send out the search party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So just another crap dull Ryan Tubridy late late show just from a bigger city. So innovative like. Instead of bringing the Late late into the 21st century like he said he was going to he has just made it dull and depressing. Seriously I think its time for Tubridy to go and someone like Claire Byrne, Brendan o' Conner, Miram o' Callaghan or Siobhan Ni Bholiann to take charge. I think any one of them would do a far better job of it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    So just another crap dull Ryan Tubridy late late show just from a bigger city. So innovative like. Instead of bringing the Late late into the 21st century like he said he was going to he has just made it dull and depressing. Seriously I think its time for Tubridy to go and someone like Claire Byrne, Brendan o' Conner, Miram o' Callaghan or Siobhan Ni Bholiann to take charge. I think any one of them would do a far better job of it.

That's a pretty decent lineup, relatively speaking. A few interesting characters and no country singer, RTE cafe guest or sick person in sight.
    An Irish chat show is hardly going to attract (generally scripted and carefully PR anecdote spouting) Hollywood actor's on a weekly/monthly basis which seems to be the barometer of rating the LLS.

I don't think I will be around but I'd watch that tomorrow if I was.

And the suggestion of MOC doing the show is terrifying. She had her show and was abysmal and SNB wouldn't be able to do a char show. Claire Byrne isn't exactly bright eyed and bushy tailed either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 greasy underpanse

Tubbers is so dull, if i'm tired of a friday evening i always turn on the late late and within minutes i fall asleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

A Ryan Tubridy show is not worth bringing to the local parish hall. This is a ridiculous waste of money.

not a fan of tubs by any means, but id be pretty sure the late late is a big earner for RTE in terms of audience figures and thus, revenue.

theres a good bit of publicity about tonight, if anything RTE will probably make money from it. above all else, they only have a set budget to spend, its better spent on something that has 100000s of viewers as opposed to katherine lynch, vogue or derek mooney.

I for one welcome my shrimpy new overlord.

tubridy.jpg

That's two weeks in a row The Carter brothers have not been on? Send out the search party

Fear not, Jake Carter is on ‘The Ray D’Arcy Show’ tomorrow night!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no way ?!?! :eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

will that hobo with the loudspeaker row across the studio floor roaring at the audience?

Phew. I mean poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

tubridy.jpg

15268798-low_res-this-time-with-alan-partridge-00cd4af.jpg?quality=45&crop=358px,49px,1406px,937px&resize=620,413

Was Nathan not suppose to be on singing on the London show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Graham Norton
    Alastair Campbell
    Eamonn Holmes
    Finbar Furey

Whats he on it for I get the rest but this guy zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Perhaps I'm completely reading this wrong, but I've come to the conclusion that Ryan Tubridy is a stooge stuffed with gold, to peddle (liberal) propaganda on behalf of the Irish state.

Anyone agree or am I mad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

D'Arcy taking out the big guns :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Theme: Tubridy and Co will keep on banging the "brexit is the worst thing in the history of the world" drum. Then bring on Farage for the crowd to shout him down.

The general audience question will go along the lines of "You want people like me out of this country, say it to my face you racist"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

D'Arcy taking out the big guns :D

Megan Markles sister to according to the sky tv guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im looking forward to our hugely charismatic, talented, friday night entertainment chat show host get interviewed by Ryan Tubridy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

dball wrote: »

Surprise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

lufties wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm completely reading this wrong, but I've come to the conclusion that Ryan Tubridy is a stooge stuffed with gold, to peddle (liberal) propaganda on behalf of the Irish state.

Anyone agree or am I mad :)

He's hard wired Fianna Fail. Next election watch the love-ins with FF'ers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If it's one thing the British like it's being dictated to

Just ask Bob Geldof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

paulie21 wrote: »
    Guests include:

Nigel Farage
    Graham Norton
    Brendan O’Carroll
    Laura Whitmore
    Barry McGuigan
    Mick McCarthy

Farage aside, all 'Irish' people who've made their careers in the UK. I sense a theme here.

Awight!

Welcome to Lahn-dan Taaan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It say here they have another guest, who needs no introduction - Baroness Dee Doocey

Yep, good new for all you Baroness Dee Doocey fans who never stop going on about "when is Tubs going to have Baroness Dee Doocey on, eh?"

Please inform everyone you know that Baroness Dee Doocey is on tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

tubridy.jpg

Tubridy looks like a Simpsons charicature of himself in that photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Graham Norton
    Alastair Campbell
    Eamonn Holmes
    Finbar Furey

mean gene wrote: »
    Whats he on it for I get the rest but this guy zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I know it's an old cliché but he has more talent in his little finger than the rest put together.

London_Meowing_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Advertisement
Advertisement