Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show London 12th October.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Good old Nigel. Anti Eu but happy to take his salary as an MEP

Paid for by the UK tax-payer and they are happy to give it to him seeing as they elected him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

BoneIdol wrote: »
    Have you been to Luton yourself?

Thank god Brexit will solve all these issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Late Late was from London? Why was this not mentioned on RTE radio, or television, repeatedly, over and over till we were all sick of it. That's why I didn't watch it. For fecks sake, it was London, not the other side of the moon, they made such a big deal of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I thought the story Graham Norton told about the Japanese bombing Lisdonvarna was hilarious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I thought the story Graham Norton told about the Japanese bombing Lisdonvarna was hilarious :D

If it was Kilgarvan the Healy Raes would invade Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Late Late was from London? Why was this not mentioned on RTE radio, or television, repeatedly, over and over till we were all sick of it. That's why I didn't watch it. For fecks sake, it was London, not the other side of the moon, they made such a big deal of it.

They could have had the exact same guest list in Studio 1 in Montrose and without the awful venue, without the forced Irish reminiscence and without the pointless stories from randomers in the audience and it would have been a better show. I honestly don't know what the hell they were trying to achieve other than a lot of hype resulting in higher ratings. The absolute balls they made of it will only result in lower ratings in the long run.

At the start, Tubridy introduced that audience as people who traveled from Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow to be there. They must be wondering now why the **** they bothered. Serves them right though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

http://www.thejournal.ie/a-shambles-ticket-holders-for-londons-late-late-show-left-disappointed-4284394-Oct2018/

"TICKET HOLDERS FOR tonight’s London Late Late Show special were left disappointed after the show was “oversubscribed”.

One person queuing for tonight’s Late Late Show said that they had done so for two and a half hours. They were then turned away with no apology.

Ticket for tonight’s London-based show were allocated and managed by UK-based company Applause Store.

In a statement this evening, the company said that allocated tickets for the London Late Late were “not a guarantee of entry” but that seats would be allocated on a first come, first served basis."

a) They didn't miss anything

b) it's common practice for TV Audience tickets to be given out like this. They should have read their tickets and got there earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Skid X wrote: »
    In a statement this evening, the company said that allocated tickets for the London Late Late were “not a guarantee of entry” but that seats would be allocated on a first come, first served basis."

Let this be a lesson to any future aspiring Brits. Get in now before it's too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Berserker wrote: »
    They are of Irish parentage, so there's probably a better chance that they do. Doubt they'd screw the Irish people over as bad as the EU did and they'd probably respect the democratic wishes of the Irish people.

Yeah it's not like the British have a history of screwing the Irish over at all, now is it ? What a farcical comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Berserker wrote: »
    He's right about Ireland being made to vote again!

No he's not. Amendments to the treaty were made in Ireland's favour, and a vote on the amended treaty was carried out.

We didn't vote for the same thing, but it suits arseholes like Farage to perpetuate the myth that we did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Tonight's heroin game: Shoot up every time Tubridy calls London 'London Town'.

Imelda May’s accent reminds me of heroin every time I hear it!:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

ejmaztec wrote: »
    No he's not. Amendments to the treaty were made in Ireland's favour, and a vote on the amended treaty was carried out.

We didn't vote for the same thing, but it suits arseholes like Farage to perpetuate the myth that we did.

They were outside the treaty. I remember Cowan and others categorically saying there would not be another vote before the first one in response to Farage who said there would on Irish media in the lead up.
    We know who turned out to be right on that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Laura Whitmore is a pain in the hole, the other girl she came on with - never heard of her, was more interesting and down to earth.

Goodnight and God Bless

That Scanlon girl is sound, whitmore a loud mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He should have called it a night after Norton and he’d have had himself a great night..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Nigel Farage does not want the Eu running his Country = A perfectly Valid Political Argument .

Nigel Farage does not want Mass Immigration into his Country = A perfectly valid Political Argument .

Nigel Farage wants his Country to Control its own Laws , Sovereignty , Currency and Borders = A perfectly Valid Political Argument .

Alastair Campbell is a War Criminal and an Irish Audience cheers him = A very sick Irish Audience .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

KevRossi wrote: »
    boot6.jpg

Tubs should be given das boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

blinding wrote: »
    Nigel Farage does not want the Eu running his Country = A perfectly Valid Political Argument .

etc...

Yeah I would be in agreement on this. This whole pantomime bullsh1t Tubridy and his friends in the British establishment go on with any time when Nigel Farage or Katie Hopkins come on the TV is just childish, biased nonsense. Did you hear the audience starting to boo when Farage's name was mentioned. It just shows you the power of the media to dictate people's opinions when Alastair Campbell is treated like a hero and Farage is booed. In any right thinking society surely that should be the other way around. Or at least boo both of them!.

Anything in the papers about the show today, just wondering if they thought it was as bad as I thought it was.

The show was lifeless, had a sort of Antiques Roadshow feel to how it was staged, and the presenter keep harping back to cliché like "the bad oul times for the poor immigrant Oirish". A shocking waste of money by RTE.

Yeah I would be in agreement on this. This whole pantomime bullsh1t Tubridy and his friends in the British establishment go on with any time when Nigel Farage or Katie Hopkins come on the TV is just childish, biased nonsense. Did you hear the audience starting to boo when Farage's name was mentioned. It just shows you the power of the media to dictate people's opinions when Alastair Campbell is treated like a hero and Farage is booed. In any right thinking society surely that should be the other way around. Or at least boo both of them!.

Having the War Criminal Campbell on is not a good look for the Eu or RTE .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

rodders999 wrote: »
    Andrea Corr and Laura Whitmore sitting on my face. What a way to die.
    You must have some size face

'A lot of disappointed people' - guests outside Late Late Show’s London gig turned away after 'unprecedented' crowd

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/a-lot-of-disappointed-people-guests-outside-late-late-shows-london-gig-turned-away-after-unprecedented-crowd-37415545.html

Late-Late1.jpg
    One woman, who is 28 weeks pregnant, said her group were “gutted” when they didn’t get in. “It’s so disappointing, I met so many lovely people who had made all sorts of big effort to get there,” Sinead O’Sullivan told Independent.ie.

Seems like a lot of people could not get in to the show and were left standing out on the streets, including a pregnant woman. I wonder will Joe Duffy cover this or is criticism just valid if it involves private businesses that he wants to bully?

When I first saw the headline "A lot of disappointed people" I presumed that this was in reference to the people who had actually been permitted entry. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Etc wrote: »
    When I first saw the headline "A lot of disappointed people" I presumed that this was in reference to the people who had actually been permitted entry. :)

:D:D

The audience, like the viewers, were probably expecting big-name British stars. Not the same ole guests that you could have interviewed back in Donnybrook!

Mad, Ted.

As ever though, hilarious thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

:D:D

The audience, like the viewers, were probably expecting big-name British stars. Not the same ole guests that you could have interviewed back in Donnybrook!

Mad, Ted.

As ever though, hilarious thread :)

Think of what it cost us taxpayers for Tubs junket.
    He even brought the band whose sole purpose is to play the sig tune as, 95% of music artists bring their own music.

At the same time RTE are constantly making the poor mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

'A lot of disappointed people' - guests outside Late Late Show’s London gig turned away after 'unprecedented' crowd

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/a-lot-of-disappointed-people-guests-outside-late-late-shows-london-gig-turned-away-after-unprecedented-crowd-37415545.html

Late-Late1.jpg

Seems like a lot of people could not get in to the show and were left standing out on the streets, including a pregnant woman. I wonder will Joe Duffy cover this or is criticism just valid if it involves private businesses that he wants to bully?

As I said in my post earlier, they were warned that more tickets were issued than seats were available.

This is standard practice for all UK studio audiences. They do it because not everyone turns up and they don't want empty seats. If you stroll up a few minutes before The Graham Norton Show begins filming you won't be getting into the studio.

But people will moan for anything.

It's their own fault, they should have got there earlier.

Edit: Also. if they had not issued extra tickets and there were empty seats, people here would have been saying "ah look, nobody turned up. what a shambles" etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

''I was dying on me a**e.''

Probably because everybody had heard your stolen jokes already Brendan, back in 1972.
    He launched his stand up career in the early 90s by adapting Chubby Brown jokes to Dubbalinese.

Rte couldn't organise the proverbial............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Footage from the crowds outside...

*popcorn*

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/10/13/roll-it-there-colette/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I thought it was a pretty good effort.
    A bit uncertain and clunky in the continuity at times.
    Most of the participants were interesting and contributed well.
    Graham Norton stole the show.
    Finale was a tour de force.

*popcorn*

Rte treating Irish Immigrants like thrash . Same old story from the well connected Rte Gobdaws .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Rte treating Irish Immigrants like thrash . Same old story from the well connected Rte Gobdaws .

Wow, what a crazy perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

yrreg0850 wrote:
    Think of what it cost us taxpayers for Tubs junket. He even brought the band whose sole purpose is to play the sig tune as, 95% of music artists bring their own music.

yrreg0850 wrote:
    Think of what it cost us taxpayers for Tubs junket. He even brought the band whose sole purpose is to play the sig tune as, 95% of music artists bring their own music.

yrreg0850 wrote:

yrreg0850 wrote:

yrreg0850 wrote:

Yes you are right. Didn't see most of it. Nothing special. Nice for Ryan and band to get a break. But tedious stuff. Same same.

I think RTE should have issued a cohort of “guaranteed” tickets so that elderly, disabled, pregnant etc could at least attempt to apply for those, and the remainder issued as “stand-by” with the knowledge you know you will most likely be queueing in this fashion.

smith.jpg

Sort of ironic that we had a poet who was on the guest list and granted access to the show, who then gives us a speech about oppression of the lower classes and a t-shirt with the message saying "MORE IRISH", as a man from RTE is outside holding his hand up to the non-privileged punters saying no more of you are allowed access. :pac:

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »

Wait til he gets the idea to broadcast it next year from USA! Then maybe Sydney, Australia!

Hurrache wrote: »
    Wow, what a crazy perspective.
    The Irish establishment have always treated Irish Immigrants badly . Sure they drove most of them out of the Country in the first place .

smith.jpg

Sort of ironic that we had a poet who was on the guest list and granted access to the show, who then gives us a speech about oppression of the lower classes and a t-shirt with the message saying "MORE IRISH", as a man from RTE is outside holding his hand up to the non-privileged punters saying no more of you are allowed access. :pac:
    The Irish Elite are an Elite all of their own . Drive the Irish out of their own country and then treat them like second class citizens . It was ever thus .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

*popcorn*

In future don't subscribe tickets to elderly and pregnant women. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nigel Farage does not want Mass Immigration into his Country = A perfectly valid Political Argument .

Nigel Farage wants his Country to Control its own Laws , Sovereignty , Currency and Borders = A perfectly Valid Political Argument .

Alastair Campbell is a War Criminal and an Irish Audience cheers him = A very sick Irish Audience .

None of those things are arguments. You've just stated his position. The arguments would be the justification for the position, in which he has been found wanting almost without exception.

Alastair Campbell can p*ss off, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

Im glad i did not get any tickets as i probably would have been stuck outside in the chaos,getting to something early is not something us irish do very well, I have emailed RTE to complain about the way the tickets are allocated,not that they will give a **** or even read it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

And Tubridy was trying to be humourous with his ****e comments about two Civil Wars. Too thick to get the message that Mick McCarthy ( and the whole country) are bored stiff with any talk about Saipan.
    He was as wooden as Pinnochio last night. As pathetic a performance as I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

"A lot of people disappointed they weren't denied entry into the Late Late Show."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The Irish establishment have always treated Irish Immigrants badly . Sure they drove most of them out of the Country in the first place .

Most immigrants in the U.K. could come home now, many are fairly middle class. Myself included when I was there.

There’s nothing to see here. Most free shows are over subscribed.

If you are invited to one of these "first come first served" free entry events the best thing to do is have a plan B. If you don't get there early and are not allowed in you go to the cinema, restaurant or pub and enjoy your night out as best you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

jay0109 wrote: »
    Boom....Farage slaps down the immigration point before she gets it off the ground
    walshb wrote: »
    He’s right...Irish people are not migrants in Britain...

She’s a waffler!
    ricero wrote: »
    Farage like a boss just destroyed that terrible female journalist

For a journalist who is on a dedicated Brexit brief she was unequivocally awful. She was the same when she was a contributor on the Marian Finucane show.

She is woefully inarticulate for a journalist. There is so many points on which she could have delivered a killer blow on Farage but she went for a populist soundbite when she eventually managed to structure a sentence.

Aidric wrote: »
    For a journalist who is on a dedicated Brexit brief she was unequivocally awful. She was the same when she was a contributor on the Marian Finucane show.

She is woefully inarticulate for a journalist. There is so many points on which she could have delivered a killer blow on Farage but she went for a populist soundbite when she eventually managed to structure a sentence.

I have found that good print media journalists often don't come across as well on radio/TV. However if they are really on top of the subject it can be worth sticking with them to get a good understanding of the subject.

Having said that putting her up against Farage on an occasion like last night probably wasn't the producers best call.

She had better stick to the written word . RTE plant he in the Audience and she is as articulate as a plant . She took her role too seriously = useless and the gurning O’Carroll beside her was as useless as an Ashtray on a Motorbike .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

elperello wrote: »
    However if they are really on top of the subject it can be worth sticking with them to get a good understanding of the subject

That's my point. She has been a dedicated subject expert for 2.5 years, yet when she is given the platform to challenge the lying charlatan she went on an incoherent rant.

That's my point. She has been a dedicated subject expert for 2.5 years, yet when she is given the platform to challenge the lying charlatan she went on an incoherent rant.
    Farage has bested better than her many a time . Even when RTE load the Dice , Farage still bests them .

• Advertisement
Advertisement