Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Contract

Options
  • 05-09-2018 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I have a 30 day contract that I wish to cancel. 3 times over the last 2 days I have rang 1905 and duly waited in line while on hold.

Upon connection I was warned my waiting time would be over 10 minutes. Grand says I, I'll put it on loud speaker and continue on with what I'm doing.

On each occasion after over 60 minutes, yes sixty and still on hold with no communication with a customer service representative I hung up. What kind of customer service is this?

When I signed up I could do it over web chat, very simple, but low and behold when you need to cancel something it's made extremely difficult.

I have mobile and landline but as soon as the landline contract is up I shall be going elsewhere. I was with Vodafone for many years before switching to Eir and the customer support offered is far superior.

Can't wait to get away from this company.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

I have a 30 day contract that I wish to cancel. 3 times over the last 2 days I have rang 1905 and duly waited in line while on hold.

Upon connection I was warned my waiting time would be over 10 minutes. Grand says I, I'll put it on loud speaker and continue on with what I'm doing.

On each occasion after over 60 minutes, yes sixty and still on hold with no communication with a customer service representative I hung up. What kind of customer service is this?

When I signed up I could do it over web chat, very simple, but low and behold when you need to cancel something it's made extremely difficult.

I have mobile and landline but as soon as the landline contract is up I shall be going elsewhere. I was with Vodafone for many years before switching to Eir and the customer support offered is far superior.

Hi fear corcaigh,

I am sorry to hear this and completely understandyoir frustration. Unfortunately waot times can vary depending on how many calls are in queue at any given time.

In order to cancel you would need to speak to our cancellations team directly. You can contact them on 1800 690 00.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Loho83

eir: Sarah wrote: »

When I signed up I could do it over web chat, very simple,  but low and behold when you need to cancel something it's made extremely difficult.

Hi fear corcaigh,

I am sorry to hear this and completely understandyoir frustration. Unfortunately waot times can vary depending on how many calls are in queue at any given time.

In order to cancel you would need to speak to our cancellations team directly. You can contact them on 1800 690 00.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Sarah 

I too feel the pain of trying to cancel, I rang 1901 as directed on website and selected 4 for cancellations. After again a long wait i said i would happily stay with eir if you can offer me a deal as the ones advertised to new customers but no such deal for me. I'm out of the 18 month contract now and the price has rocketed so twice now I've requested a cancellation and been send the link but each time after numerous attempts it crashes on what ever device I try it on. I just want out now!! Now what? 

Loho83

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Loho83 wrote: »

When I signed up I could do it over web chat, very simple,  but low and behold when you need to cancel something it's made extremely difficult.

Hi fear corcaigh,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Sarah 

I too feel the pain of trying to cancel, I rang 1901 as directed on website and selected 4 for cancellations. After again a long wait i said i would happily stay with eir if you can offer me a deal as the ones advertised to new customers but no such deal for me. I'm out of the 18 month contract now and the price has rocketed so twice now I've requested a cancellation and been send the link but each time after numerous attempts it crashes on what ever device I try it on. I just want out now!! Now what? 

Loho83
    Cancel your Direct Debit and forget about Éir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Loho83 wrote: »

Hi fear corcaigh,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Sarah 

Loho83
    Hi Loho83, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Unfortunately, this is the standard procedure for cancellations. We are unable to process a cancellation from here. You will need to contact the cancellation team to query this with them. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement