Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking deposit

Options
  • 05-09-2018 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all

Totally clueless here, does the booking deposit for a new build come direct from the 10% saved or do u need that seperately

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

Yes it does come from the 10% . The contract deposit is usally 10% of the total price less the booking deposit paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭snowflake1989

[Squote="busylady;108005702"]Yes it does come from the 10% . The contract deposit is usally 10% of the total price less the booking deposit paid.[/quote]

Sorry fir all the questions do u transfer it via your savings account or cash thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I called into the Auctioneer's office and wrote them a cheque to pay it for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Most estate agents / auctioneers don’t care how they get the money as long as they get it. Cash is probably the less preferred though, I barely carry a €10 note let alone €5-10k in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Sorry fir all the questions do u transfer it via your savings account or cash thanks so much

I just did this by EFT to auctioneers account, details were sent to me once 'sale agreed' email was received, I contacted my solicitor prior to transfer as some solicitors accept the deposit to their account and transfer to auctioneer on behalf of client, I was advised to include this clause 'subject to contract and sale' when emailing auctioneer about the deposit transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

We paid by cheque! Only time I've ever used a cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

We paid by bank transfer. Took approximately 30 seconds to do on my mobile app!

Advertisement