Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL - no receipt, what to do?

Options
  • 05-09-2018 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a shelving unit in LIDL over the summer and stuck it in the shed, tried to assemble it today but it just will not assemble (one of those galvanized units), anyway I can not locate a receipt for it, wondering do I contact the company on the leaflet, call customer services or take it back to the shop (even though no receipt)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Will not assemble or you cant assemble it? Are you looking for a refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

If you can produce a visa receipt you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

aaakev wrote: »
    Will not assemble or you cant assemble it? Are you looking for a refund?

It won’t assemble

I’ve gotten them in the past and no probs assembling

Not looking refund just a replacement if possible

If you can produce a visa receipt you should be ok

Not sure how I paid, and it might have been part of a family shop so can’t pick out the purchase price specifically, I think it was 16.99 or 19.99

I suppose bring it back and see a manager....if you know a worker there personally maybe say it to them first, lay the groundwork so to speak.
    Chances are you will get a refund, it's not a regular stock item...one of the weekly specials...there won't be stock anywhere at this point I'd think

• Advertisement

I suppose bring it back and see a manager....if you know a worker there personally maybe say it to them first, lay the groundwork so to speak.
    Chances are you will get a refund, it's not a regular stock item...one of the weekly specials...there won't be stock anywhere at this point I'd think

There is a similar, slightly larger one coming up, I think, tomorrow

vicwatson wrote: »
    There is a similar, slightly larger one coming up, I think, tomorrow

Take a chance and go down with your model..they might upgrade and you pay the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Take a chance and go down with your model..they might upgrade and you pay the difference

Worth a try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Read the instructions :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

vicwatson wrote:
    Bought a shelving unit in LIDL over the summer and stuck it in the shed, tried to assemble it today but it just will not assemble (one of those galvanized units), anyway I can not locate a receipt for it, wondering do I contact the company on the leaflet, call customer services or take it back to the shop (even though no receipt)?

Take your card statement incase u used card...shud be easily refunded...

• Advertisement
Advertisement