Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a Virgin SIM work in a phone locked to 3?

Options
  • 05-09-2018 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Howye lads, quick niche question. I've a friend looking to get a new (budget) phone, I've recommended the Nokia 6.1 (or Nokia 6 2018) to her, but she wants to buy it from an Irish phone store as opposed to online. 3 are the only ones selling it at the moment, she is with Virgin, does anyone know if a Virgin SIM will work in a phone locked to 3? I know they use the same network, just not sure about whether a virgin sim would be accepted in a 3 phone? Any advice welcome, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

While VM use the same network as Three their network identifier (MNC) is different to Three's so a phone locked to Three would not work with a non Three SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭oodles19

Ten Pin wrote: »
    While VM use the same network as Three their network identifier (MNC) is different to Three's so a phone locked to Three would not work with a non Three SIM.

Thanks, that answers that one!

Advertisement