Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently Converted Van

Options
  • 05-09-2018 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

For anyone interested below is steps I just completed to get my opel movano registered as campervan, any questions give me a shout.

Completed conversion & engineers report completed @ a cost of €150

Sent engineers report along with photos both internal and external, old log book, RGI cert, receipts of all work, receipt for van purchase price, weighbridge document with new van weight.

3 weeks later got notification of VRT cost of €600.

Paid VRT by post, received receipt in 4 days.

3 days after receiving receipt document arrived from Revenue confirming van conversion in which they say " We would advise you to present this document to motor tax office" but what they should say is you have to bring immediately to motor tax office in order to get new log book as you can`t DOE until you have log book.

Sent engineers report along with photos both internal and external, utility bill, no claims discount document, driver's license, proof of personal insurance on own car to insurance company who then insured me straight away on receipt of documents.
    Taxed camper @ €102 a year on receipt of new log book.

And finally booked DOE, failed, €250 later booked retest, passed.

All done, not a easy job but its worth it.

Hope it might help anyone thinking of doing the same.

Stephen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Throw up a few pics there if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sheener287

Throw up a few pics there if you can

Few photos of the interior below attached. Could only do attachments for some reason?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Sorted the pics for you. Well done and enjoy your new camper.:)

460545.jpg

460546.jpg

460547.jpg

460544.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Nice job is it pvc or timber lining? How do the rear passengers get on with going backwards I cant even go on the train backwards without feeling nauseous would be a nightmare for me.

Thanks kadman, I'm away this weekend doing just that. Cheers again for sorting out the photos .

• Advertisement

Thanks autumnalcore, it's plywood filled & sanded then covered with peel and stick wall paper. The wife can't seat in the rearward faces sits but the kids have no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

sheener287 wrote: »
    Thanks autumnalcore, it's plywood filled & sanded then covered with peel and stick wall paper. The wife can't seat in the rearward faces sits but the kids have no problem.

Plenty of work sanding sealing that area, was it shellac sanding sealer you used. I thought you had used textured pvc wall panelling https://targwall.co.uk/product/grey-planed-wood-effect-pvc-wall-panel/

Advertisement