If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55k TV price bracket €1000

Options
  • 05-09-2018 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Guys,

I am looking for your advice on buying a 55 inch TV.

A few weeks ago, I picked out an LG oled 2017 model which was highly rated. At around €1500, the price was a bit higher than I had wanted to spend and I wasn't in any real hurry to buy so I just left it.

It seems LG have since released 2018 models. The equivalent is OLED55C8 which seems to be sold out everywhere. The step up OLED55C8PLA is too expensive for me.

Can you please advise on a TV for around the €1000? If I were to stretch up a bit higher than that what would I get? Is the difference discernable or would I be better advised to save the money and buy a sound bar.

Thanks,

Michael

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

micmaher wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am looking for your advice on buying a 55 inch TV.

A few weeks ago, I picked out an LG oled 2017 model which was highly rated. At around €1500, the price was a bit higher than I had wanted to spend and I wasn't in any real hurry to buy so I just left it.

It seems LG have since released 2018 models. The equivalent is OLED55C8 which seems to be sold out everywhere. The step up OLED55C8PLA  is too expensive for me.

Can you please advise on a TV for around the €1000? If I were to stretch up a bit higher than that what would I get? Is the difference discernable or would I be better advised to save the money and buy a sound bar.

Thanks,

Michael
    Hi micmaher,

thanks for the post and to be honest you are pretty spoilt for options!

We have the stunning LG OLED 55B7 still available from stock at just £1299 / €1499:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202521-oled55b7v.aspx?swapstore=1

We also have the new LG OLED 55B8 PLA and S models available at £1799 / €2099:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203506-402958.aspx

..and we have lots of stock of the LG OLED 55C8PLA at £1999 / €2299 ( and I'm sure we could do you a small Boardie deal on that if you were interested ;) )
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203216-401877.aspx

.. all the euro pricing includes delivery and our 6 year TV warranty..

If you spent €1000 on a 55" TV you will get an excellent TV , such as the LG 55SK8100 but all of them at that price level are a significant picture quality downgrade on the OLEDS..

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 micmaher

Thanks for putting the information together John.

The only TV in my price bracket there is LG OLED 55B7. Otherwise I'll end up divorced.

Can you offer any deal on that one?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

micmaher wrote: »
    Thanks for putting the information together John.

The only TV in my price bracket there is LG OLED 55B7. Otherwise I'll end up divorced.

Can you offer any deal on that one?
    Hi Micmaher.

No problem at all.

Unfortunately the 55B7 is already reduced to the £1299 or 1499 price as it is now came to end of line.

There are only 17 of these televisions left in stock here at the Belfast store, we are selling around 2 or 3 of these a day.
    Once they run out that is them gone unfortunately.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.