Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Doon cemetery near Eyrecourt please?

Options
  • 05-09-2018 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭

I have checked with our Google friends on maps and www etc. and not getting much to show me where exactly it is!

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bassets

It is located off the Eyrecourt to Laurancetown road. As you go from Eyrecourt to Laurencetown, take the 2nd right turn, continue up this road until you can go no further and then turn left, the cemetery is just up there. Alternatively if you ar traveling from Laurencetown village to Eyrecourt, take the 2nd left turn. If you need further help just ask.
    I’ve just looked at google maps and if you input Liscumiskey Eyrecourt this will bring you on to the road of the cemetery although you need to turn left as advised above as Liscumiskey will be to your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bassets wrote: »
    It is located off the Eyrecourt to Laurancetown road. As you go from Eyrecourt to Laurencetown, take the 2nd right turn, continue up this road until you can go no further and then turn left, the cemetery is just up there. Alternatively if you ar traveling from Laurencetown village to Eyrecourt, take the 2nd left turn. If you need further help just ask.
    I’ve just looked at google maps and if you input Liscumiskey Eyrecourt this will bring you on to the road of the cemetery although you need to turn left as advised above as Liscumiskey will be to your left.

Thank you very much!

But I still cannot find it on the map.....:confused:

Do you think you could post a link to the Google map location. Sorry for being so dense, but I cannot see anything like a cemetery here.. But I know it is there!

Thank you again.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Townparks,+Eyrecourt,+Co.+Galway/@53.2186356,-8.163134,4488m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x485c5ddf58947881:0xa00c7a997320010!8m2!3d53.1997171!4d-8.131427

If you zoom in to link hopefully you’ll be able to see cemetery https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2180298,-8.1379738,18z/data=!3m1!1e3

Let me know if that links properly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bassets, thanks so much, that is perfect!

Very kind of you to take the time to help me out. Much appreciated.

No problem, just glad the link worked for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just popped in to say that this is what makes Boards unique.
    Somebody who rarely posts being able to resolve somebody else's problem in the space of a couple of hours.

Advertisement