Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir broadband and eir tv query

Options
  • 05-09-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am currently an eir broadband customer.
    I have 3 months left on my contract.

How much is it to sign up to eir vision and will I have unlimited (yes that very word) broadband? Will tv3 and tg4 be in hd?

Can I series record on it and can the box receive channels over wifi?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi

I am currently an eir broadband customer.
    I have 3 months left on my contract.

How much is it to sign up to eir vision and will I have unlimited (yes that very word) broadband? Will tv3 and tg4 be in hd?

Can I series record on it and can the box receive channels over wifi?

Thanks[/quote

Hi there,

The price and package would depend on the bundke of your choice. I would recommend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 303 and they will talk you through your options and address any queries you may have.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Does anyone know when you come to the end of your 12 month contract can you downgrade to just broadband without penalty. Afterall the 12 month contract would be up.

I'd prefer to get this in writing rather than relying on the word of someone on a phone call.

I just don't trust this whole 12 months at one price and then the following 6 months at a much higher price. Are the extra 6 months part of your contract? Wouldn't everyone just cancel after 12 months and switch?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Does anyone know when you come to the end of your 12 month contract can you downgrade to just broadband without penalty. Afterall the 12 month contract would be up.

I'd prefer to get this in writing rather than relying on the word of someone on a phone call.

I just don't trust this whole 12 months at one price and then the following 6 months at a much higher price. Are the extra 6 months part of your contract? Wouldn't everyone just cancel after 12 months and switch?

Thanks
    Hi there Tigerandahalf

Thanks for getting in touch again.

If you're referring to our "Broadband + TV Essential" contract, I can confirm that this is only for 12 months at €49.98 and then €74.98 a month after with a one off bundle activation fee at €29.99

Once your 12 month (lock-in) period is over you can then ring 1901 and let them know wheat you would like to do with that contact (either move to a different one or cancel)

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there Tigerandahalf

If you're referring to our "Broadband + TV Essential" contract, I can confirm that this is only for 12 months at €49.98 and then €74.98 a month after with a one off bundle activation fee at €29.99

Once your 12 month (lock-in) period is over you can then ring 1901 and let them know wheat you would like to do with that contact (either move to a different one or cancel)

-Kyle

Thanks for that. Can the box work over wifi or does it need to be connected to ethernet.

Can the box series record? I have read reviews of missed recordings?

Are tv3 and tg4 in HD?

Do I have to pay the once off €29.99 activation fee given that I am an eir broadband subscriber already.

Also I don't want any landline phone installed. I am just interested in tv + broadband. The above link seems to mention phone as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there Tigerandahalf

-Kyle

Thanks for that. Can the box work over wifi or does it need to be connected to ethernet.

Can the box series record? I have read reviews of missed recordings?

Are tv3 and tg4 in HD?

Do I have to pay the once off €29.99 activation fee given that I am an eir broadband subscriber already.

Also I don't want any landline phone installed. I am just interested in tv + broadband. The above link seems to mention phone as well.
    Hi Tigerandahalf, 

The box would need to be connected to the ethernet for it to work. 

You can series record on it, all details can be found here

Virgin media one and TG4 are available in HD. You can view a list of our HD channels here

There is no activation fee currently as you are already a broadband customer. 

The packages include a landline, it also works out cheaper to have a bundle of the 3 products. The sales team on 1800 503 303 will be happy to explore all your options with you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 alina1403

new customer get broadband + home phone just for 34.99 a month, im with eir over 10 years after removing 2 mobile phones from bill , only for broadband and home phone I have to pay only 69.00 euro, what a great deal for old customer

Advertisement