Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Kinnegad like to live in?

Options
  • 05-09-2018 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My folks in their 70s are thinking of moving there. Would be looking for a smallish detached bungalow close to town. Safe quiet area must.

Any advice from those in the know.

Thanks and will pay a visit and talk to agents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redhen94

Best of luck with the move. But if your folks are in their 70s I'd be concerned about the detached bungalow in a quiet area. That could get very lonely. I think somewhere close to the bus route would be pretty ideal. As you get older, you might prefer to give up driving and enjoy your free travel. Also, in another decade, they'll be in their eighties. That's going to make a huge difference to their mobility, even if they're pretty spry now. Having the shops, the doctor and even the hairdresser within easy reach is imperative.

I passed through Kinnegad a few times when I stayed in Athlone last year. It seems like a quiet little town, though something tells me it could get fairly lively at times. Anyway, sorry for poking my nose in. It's just that I've a mind to move to the Midlands too. So I couldn't resist getting into this conversation. These thoughts also cross my mind regarding the ageing process.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redhen94

Best of luck with the move. But if your folks are in their 70s I'd be concerned about the detached bungalow in a quiet area. That could get very lonely. I think somewhere close to the bus route would be pretty ideal. As you get older, you might prefer to give up driving and enjoy your free travel. Also, in another decade, they'll be in their eighties. That's going to make a huge difference to their mobility, even if they're pretty spry now. Having the shops, the doctor and even the hairdresser within easy reach is imperative.

I passed through Kinnegad a few times when I stayed in Athlone last year. It seems like a quiet little town, though something tells me it could get fairly lively at times. Anyway, sorry for poking my nose in. It's just that I've a mind to move to the Midlands too. So I couldn't resist getting into this conversation. These thoughts also cross my mind regarding the ageing process.

Good luck.

Advertisement