Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€150 switching bonus

Options
  • 05-09-2018 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

When is the €150 switching bonus applied to the bill? To clarify, I will be moving to Electric Ireland. Is it the first bill, second bill etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

03/09/2018

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi jasongoodbody, 

Thank you for your interest in switching to Electric Ireland. 

The bonus will usually be applied in time for the first bill. If the bonus is not in time for the first bill, it will be applied to the second bill at the latest.

The terms and conditions of the switching bonus are available on our website. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Great stuff thank you. 

Filled out the online switching form last night so it's just waiting now. 

Hi jasongoodbody, 

You're very welcome.

We're glad to read it.

If you've any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thanks, 
    Aoife

I have a Liberty 100 Electric Meter from Pinergy, can I use this as a smart meter when I move to Electric Ireland or will I need to submit manual meter readings?

• Advertisement

Hi jasongoodbody, 

Thank you for getting back to us.

Is your meter currently functioning as a bill-pay or a Pay As You Go meter?

The meter will still need to be read as normal. ESB Networks read the meter for Electric Ireland roughly four times in the year.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

It's a Pinergy PAYG meter at the moment. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Jason,

Are you topping up the PAYG meter at the moment or is it deactivated?

Thanks,
    Una

It's got a balance. Pinergy haven't provided deactivation code yet.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your post.

If a customer is using a PAYG meter and they wish to switch to another provider, but for bills instead of PAYG, when they are registered with their new provider it is necessary for them to contact the PAYG provider for a deactivation code.

A PAYG meter can only be used for topping up - it is not accessible otherwise. The Smart Meter is a different type of meter, and is set to be rolled out by ESB Networks quite soon. ESB Networks will be replacing the existing ESB Networks meters with Smart Meters. More information here on the website of the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU).

A billing customer receives a scheduled bill every second month. Most of the time, the meter will be read for this bill (unless the ESB Networks meter-reader cannot access the meter) - the only time it is necessary to send in a meter-reading is if one of these scheduled bills is estimated.

If you would like us to check whether your registration is on the system, just private message us the meter point reference number (MPRN) or telephone number, state that you are to be the account-holder, and confirm your name, address and date of birth.

We will check for you as soon as possible. If the details are on the Electric Ireland system, you should then be able to contact the PAYG provider for their meter's deactivation code.

Best regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

All set up now on Electric Ireland. Pinergy remotely deactivated the meter and the €150 switching bonus is already showing on my Electric Ireland account. Very easy & quick to switch.

Hi jasongoodbody, 

We're delighted to read it. 

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Hi jasongoodbody, 

We're delighted to read it. 

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
    Aoife
    Im currently with Electric ireland in my own name and i am out of contract. If my partner joins for our household will we get the €200 switching bonus?

Hi Paul,

We recommend contacting the Electric Ireland Sales team with this query, on 1850 30 50 90.

They are open until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 5.30pm on Saturdays.

The €200 bonus is for electricity plus gas (direct debit for each) and the €150 bonus is for electricity alone - either direct debit or Pay As You Go meter.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement